Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 03:38 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Slow down there Mr Emotion! I meant playing for England does not exempt you from racism, when your skin color is black!!! Paul Ince , though he played for England with all his heart, he was many times subject to racial slurs or abuse.
Did I say that playing for England somehow makes you exempt from racist bigots then? I don't believe I did? Perhaps you should go back and read my post again. Why do you keep mentioning Paul Ince?? I think that once again you are trying to sound like an expert in something you know nothing about, this time its English football!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 03:21 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,430,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Did I say that playing for England somehow makes you exempt from racist bigots then? I don't believe I did? Perhaps you should go back and read my post again. Why do you keep mentioning Paul Ince?? I think that once again you are trying to sound like an expert in something you know nothing about, this time its English football!

How do you know anything? You probably don't even know who Paul Ince is! Go back to your history class! FYI, Paul Ince became the first Black player to captain the England team!

Old 09-08-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
How do you know anything? You probably don't even know who Paul Ince is! Go back to your history class! FYI, Paul Ince became the first Black player to captain the England team!
Lol, careful tiger, I AM English you know, you seriously think I don't know who Paul Ince is! lol. Do you want a competition to see who knows the most about English football? An American who has never left his State or an Englishman who went to his first game in 1979? I just want to know what Paul Ince has to do with anything I said?? Be careful, I would go back to my original post before you answer this one if I were you! You've shown your ignorance on the English population, you've shown your ignorance on race relations in the UK, You've shown your ignorance on the city of London, don't now go showing your ignorance on English football of all things! Perhaps you should stick to your Rounders or padded rugby!

Old 09-08-2016, 03:54 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,032 times
Quote:
Lol, careful tiger, I AM English you know, you seriously think I don't know who Paul Ince is! lol. Do you want a competition to see who knows the most about English football? An American who has never left his State or an Englishman who went to his first game in 1979? I just want to know what Paul Ince has to do with anything I said?? Be careful, I would go back to my original post before you answer this one if I were you! You've shown your ignorance on the English population, you've shown your ignorance on race relations in the UK, You've shown your ignorance on the city of London, don't now go showing your ignorance on English football of all things! Perhaps you should stick to your Rounders or padded rugby!
Lol! But he thinks he's an expert on all things British, didn't you know?!

Old 09-08-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Lol! But he thinks he's an expert on all things British, didn't you know?!
He is a wannabe Briton, I think because he is ginger haired and he has some kind of belief that the UK is full of ginger haired people, I think he believes he would 'fit in' better. I have a feeling he watches too much 'Game of Thrones'. People have to realise that if they make general stereotypical generalisations on places they don't live in the locals are probably going to point out the errors in their (stereotypical) beliefs! I have my 'ideas' about what it might be like living in New York (some of my ideas could well be stereotypical b*llsh*t for all I know) the point is if I am told I'm mistaken by a local I would accept the fact, I wouldn't dream of telling a 'New Yorker' that I know New York better than they do!

Old 09-08-2016, 04:12 PM

431 posts, read 521,903 times
Quote:
I am sorry, I am not trying to suggest that the UK is some kind of racial utopia (it has and has had racial problems and tensions), but this is absolute bollox! PARTICULARLY AMONGST KIDS (kids are usually very accepting of the diversity of their peers, particularly young ones), my kids have NOT been subject to anything like this, and when I was at school the black kids in my school were NOT ever subjected to anything like this, perhaps there was a time? The 1950's perhaps? I don't know, I wasn't there but honestly in my lifetime things have never been this bad! On a completely different side note I went to school with a black guy who ended up playing for England.
Return2fl or whatever has posted some pretty racist things in the past...especially towards black people. My high school in Boston wasn't very black (only 15% of the student body), but even so a lot of the popular kids were black. A good amount of the black guys were idolized in my high school. I had many black friends and I know a lot of other white students who had black friends too. There was a group of black kids who would self segregate during breaks or lunch, but even those students who chose to self-segregate were known and liked during class time. I almost felt like a lot of white students almost went out of their way to talk to the black students at parties or during PE/sports practice lol. Granted I'm in the mid 20s so I didn't go to high school in the 50s(which based off what he is trying to imply is when he went to high school lol). Granted I went to school in the US...but I'm sure if anyone expierenced going to high school in the 21st century in the UK it wouldn't be much different in this regard

Old 09-08-2016, 04:26 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,032 times
Quote:
He is a wannabe Briton, I think because he is ginger haired and he has some kind of belief that the UK is full of ginger haired people, I think he believes he would 'fit in' better. I have a feeling he watches too much 'Game of Thrones'. People have to realise that if they make general stereotypical generalisations on places they don't live in the locals are probably going to point out the errors in their (stereotypical) beliefs! I have my 'ideas' about what it might be like living in New York (some of my ideas could well be stereotypical b*llsh*t for all I know) the point is if I am told I'm mistaken by a local I would accept the fact, I wouldn't dream of telling a 'New Yorker' that I know New York better than they do!
Lol, I know. We (Brits) keep telling him what it's like here, but I don't think he wants to believe any of it! He'd rather view the UK through his rose-tinted glasses!

Old 09-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
You are English, so what? It doesn't stop you from being ignorant. I am not like you who hasn't been anywhere and don't even know where your own country is located. Learn your geography first, before even thinking of competing with me!

Old 09-09-2016, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheclouds1 View Post
Return2fl or whatever has posted some pretty racist things in the past...especially towards black people. My high school in Boston wasn't very black (only 15% of the student body), but even so a lot of the popular kids were black. A good amount of the black guys were idolized in my high school. I had many black friends and I know a lot of other white students who had black friends too. There was a group of black kids who would self segregate during breaks or lunch, but even those students who chose to self-segregate were known and liked during class time. I almost felt like a lot of white students almost went out of their way to talk to the black students at parties or during PE/sports practice lol. Granted I'm in the mid 20s so I didn't go to high school in the 50s(which based off what he is trying to imply is when he went to high school lol). Granted I went to school in the US...but I'm sure if anyone expierenced going to high school in the 21st century in the UK it wouldn't be much different in this regard
Different countries have different experiences. See, racial relations in the US are different from those in the UK or France or even Brasil. In the US, people tend to speak out more about these things but that doesn't mean that racism in those other countries doesn't exist, it sure does in the 21st century. Black soccer players for example in various European countries are sometimes taunted by crowds that make loud monkey noises, throw bananas at them, sing racist chants, things an average American might find quite appalling. This happens in the 21st century! In 2015, a group of Chelsea fans actually stopped a Black man from getting in the subway, because he had a dark skin color. Additionally they were singing " We are racists". So don't generalize like that, in America, Black people fought very hard for their rights to be acknowledge by White people, you know from the Civil Rights movements and so on, and still are. Now imagine countries where such things like that never came to light. What you might think is " excessively racist" in America might not be in some European countries.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
You are English, so what? It doesn't stop you from being ignorant. I am not like you who hasn't been anywhere and don't even know where your own country is located. Learn your geography first, before even thinking of competing with me!
You are the 'igonrant' one my 'friend', you continually prove so by posting rubbish after rubbish, see how everyone that ACTUALLY IS BRITISH disagrees with everything you say about Briton, yet we are supposed to believe you (who lives the other side of the world) over a local eh!!? I know EXACTLY where Britain is, I know EXACTLY what its like to live in 21st Century Britain and for your information I know Stamford Bridge INTIMATLEY, if you want a serious conversation about race relations in Britain, or a serious conversation about Londons extremely diverse population (or the other places in the UK with a very high diversity), or if you want to talk about football then I suggest you stop pretending to know things you so obviously don't know first. Tell me what do YOU think are the main differences for a black spectator between going to a Serie A game and going to the Emirates would be? I know damn sure I could tell you, but as you're the 'expert' perhaps you could 'grace us' with your knowledge first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World