Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 12:03 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,824,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Which ethnic British cuisine have they tasted?
My cousin works as a waiter in a British ethnic restaurant in London's city center, i have never asked him what they serve, i should next time (i don't think i will see him soon but her mother comes once one or two months) . Anyway, last time i saw his mother, she told me that last time she went there (she goes as soon as she finds low cost flights in winter when she doesn't work), she tasted fish and chip, tikka masala, puddings (which she wasn't fond of), shepherd's pie, ecc. Next time she comes, i will give you a more detailed answer

As for my friend, i won't pretend what he ate is actually British cuisine, he was in some kind of college for summer camp and the cuisine there was awful but the times he went on daytrips and he had the chance to eat a decent meal (most of the time they headed to the first McD they saw), he found the cuisine decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 04:13 PM

14,824 posts, read 12,088,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
My cousin works as a waiter in a British ethnic restaurant in London's city center, i have never asked him what they serve, i should next time (i don't think i will see him soon but her mother comes once one or two months) . Anyway, last time i saw his mother, she told me that last time she went there (she goes as soon as she finds low cost flights in winter when she doesn't work), she tasted fish and chip, tikka masala, puddings (which she wasn't fond of), shepherd's pie, ecc. Next time she comes, i will give you a more detailed answer

As for my friend, i won't pretend what he ate is actually British cuisine, he was in some kind of college for summer camp and the cuisine there was awful but the times he went on daytrips and he had the chance to eat a decent meal (most of the time they headed to the first McD they saw), he found the cuisine decent.
It seems that conclusions seem to be coming from stereotyping like I thought, I would be interested to know what restaurant this is he works at and exactly what ethnic British food they serve, I may go and check it out, there is more to British food than fish and chips!! (which traditionally is a street / takeaway food).

Old 04-10-2016, 05:48 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,824,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
It seems that conclusions seem to be coming from stereotyping like I thought, I would be interested to know what restaurant this is he works at and exactly what ethnic British food they serve, I may go and check it out, there is more to British food than fish and chips!! (which traditionally is a street / takeaway food).
Of course, they went into pubs or takeaways as they were looking for cheap food. As for the restaurant they work in, it isn't a takeaway place (from the way she talkedd it's actually quite expensive), i'll let you know as soon as possible

Old 04-11-2016, 02:35 AM

14,824 posts, read 12,088,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Of course, they went into pubs or takeaways as they were looking for cheap food. As for the restaurant they work in, it isn't a takeaway place (from the way she talkedd it's actually quite expensive), i'll let you know as soon as possible
Thank you, I am genuinely curious, I may even give it a bit of a go!

Old 04-11-2016, 06:25 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,775,447 times
do americas know what is a chip or pizzas????

Old 04-16-2016, 09:02 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
do americas know what is a chip or pizzas????
There were 71,856 pizza restaurants in the U.S. in 2012... • Pizza restaurants: unit numbers U.S. 2015 | Statistic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World