U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 08:40 AM

13,707 posts, read 26,411,171 times

Advertisements

Toronto and Tijuana.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:56 AM

2,180 posts, read 3,326,680 times
Cairo Egypt.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 09:34 AM

107 posts, read 81,977 times
Montreal, Quebec, Canada (been going there since I was a kid) and Lucerne, Switzerland (was there for a few days in the summer of 1980) I've always remembered Lucerne as just absolutely magical. I felt like Dorothy after she landed in Oz and all of a sudden everything was in color and beautiful.

Went through Bern, Switzerland on the train during the same trip. I'd have to agree with an above poster that it is, indeed, beautiful.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:05 AM

20,931 posts, read 22,224,508 times
Tied for first place:

New York/London/Paris

Old 03-10-2016, 07:27 PM

678 posts, read 777,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
Can you explain to me what you liked about Mombasa? I've only been to Nairobi, didn't get to explore it as much as I'd like but thought it was a descent city.
I am curious too!

Mine is Kyoto. Beautiful city. But I'm finally visiting Barcelona this year and have high expectations.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:40 PM

11,288 posts, read 23,660,063 times
Of cities I've visited I LOOOVED Istanbul and would love to go there again. Been to Barcelona three times on vacation and going again in a few months, I always get so excited to go there.

London is always a favorite and I really love going to Buenos Aires as well, such a beautiful city.

Amsterdam is another city I always feel at home in, it's so quaint but still large city.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:05 PM

7,393 posts, read 8,104,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Of cities I've visited I LOOOVED Istanbul and would love to go there again. Been to Barcelona three times on vacation and going again in a few months, I always get so excited to go there.

London is always a favorite and I really love going to Buenos Aires as well, such a beautiful city.

Amsterdam is another city I always feel at home in, it's so quaint but still large city.
You mentioned all cities that I've never been to but feel like I would love!!

Old 03-10-2016, 09:17 PM

4,676 posts, read 4,357,193 times
Buenos Aires...I wasn't there that long because it was basically a stop over en route to Bariloche, but the minimal time I spent there was incredible.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:19 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,590,879 times
I haven't to them all, yet.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:16 AM

5,118 posts, read 4,567,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I haven't been to Barcelona yet but really feel it would be one of my favorite cities in the World-love looking at photos there. Seoul too seems amazing-I think I'd visit there before Tokyo-although I definitely would like to see Tokyo too.
Barcelona is very lively. Lots of foot traffic, people being social at all hours of the day it seems... But Barcelona isn't as dense as NYC in terms of pedestrians so to me it's a lot more tolerable. It's also in an amazing climate and has wonderful architecture. If that's not what everyone wants in a city then... My family who spends a lot of time in Spain prefer Madrid actually, but I have yet to go there.

Seoul is good too. It's very modern and probably has the best airport in the world (seriously if you go to Seoul the airport is insane, it's ridiculously nice... Makes Sky Harbor look like a city dump). I think the most surprising thing about Seoul was that I saw an Outback Steakhouse. I wasn't prepared for that. Even though they have American food options their food is amazing... (not a lot of Korean food choices in Arizona, ok). Unfortunately, I only got to spend a couple days in Seoul, as it was my layover from Southeast Asia back to the States and vice versa. I'd definitely go again and spend more time there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World