Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 04:34 PM

141 posts, read 147,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Jews as in they are famous for their many award winners. An abnormal amount of rich people are Igbo in Africa, when compared to the African population that is Igbo and they have a plethora of Nobel prize winners. A famous one is Chinua Achebe this is why I put Jews of Africa in quotes.
Sorry misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post
very few it seems

"Today, the majority of the Igbo people are Christian, although many also retain belief in their traditional religion. Over half of the Christians are Roman Catholic.[132] There are a small population of Igbo Jews, who claim descent from ancient Jewish traders who married their women."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people
My bad (see above).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 12:21 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morga View Post
americans, french, british are not an ethnic group, nor they belong to the same ethnicities.

caucasians come from armenia, georgia and azerbaijan
No, we all are Caucasians. Our origins are from the Caucus mountains (Armenia, Geogia, and Azerbaijan). Like Ethiopians and people from Zimbabwe are black. Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese are Asian. Everyone one native to Europe and the caucasus are Caucasian. Even some Arabs are Caucasian. Just type in white Arabs are you will find some serious examples. But hey this is somewhat up for debate but this is just my belief. You can have yours too! It's all good!

Old 03-23-2016, 02:09 AM

54 posts, read 55,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
No, we all are Caucasians. Our origins are from the Caucus mountains (Armenia, Geogia, and Azerbaijan). Like Ethiopians and people from Zimbabwe are black. Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese are Asian. Everyone one native to Europe and the caucasus are Caucasian. Even some Arabs are Caucasian. Just type in white Arabs are you will find some serious examples. But hey this is somewhat up for debate but this is just my belief. You can have yours too! It's all good!
You're incorrect.

The idea that Caucasian is a race and Europeans are Caucasians is an obsolete and discarded theory created in 1785 by German philosopher Meiners. I know Americans use this a lot but let's be honest here, most Americans can't find their own country on a world map, much less they're going to know anything about Meiners or where the term Caucasian came from!

http://glc.yale.edu/sites/default/fi...ce/Painter.pdf

He believed that Europeans had come from the Caucasus region in Asia minor, but modern evidence suggests we are all one race and we all originated in Africa.

Europe has been the center of massive migration, wars, empires, invasions from Asia and Africa, all this spanning thousands of years, which leaves us with a clear picture that tells us Europeans are anything but one race which originated exclusively in the Caucasus region of Asia.

Let's not even talk about white Americans who are often very mixed with native american, and even close African ancestry due to the history of slavery and oppression towards these ethnic groups in the US.

The only people who can call themselves Caucasians are those born in Armenia, Republic of Georgia or Azerbaijan.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:42 AM

184 posts, read 135,543 times
don't want to go there with ethnicity.....

this can lead to something else...

Old 03-23-2016, 01:51 PM

6 posts, read 4,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morga View Post
Americans have a very strange way of seeing the world.

USA = Diverse, everyone wants to live there and it has everything the world has to offer.

Europe = only white people, 0 diversity, nothing more than just whites.

Africa = only black people, 0 diversity, nothing more than just blacks.

Asia = only oriental people, 0 diversity, nothing more than just chinese looking fellas.

Latin America = Mexican people all the way down to the land of fire, nothing but mexican people everywhere, from Cuba, to Brazil, to Argentina.

Once you understand that that is how Americans tend to see it all, its easy to understand why they make such bizarre threads like "will Europeans look at me weird if I have thick lips"?
The amount of ignorance and arrogance in this post is astounding. You sound bothered by Americans to be honest. I'm Perhaps, you should learn to lay off of the generalizations just because one person said Caucasians were an ethnic group. I'm pretty sure you've never even met an American and are just keen on using the 'oh stupid Americans stereotype!!!!!'

Old 03-23-2016, 03:29 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMaxx View Post
The amount of ignorance and arrogance in this post is astounding. You sound bothered by Americans to be honest. I'm Perhaps, you should learn to lay off of the generalizations just because one person said Caucasians were an ethnic group. I'm pretty sure you've never even met an American and are just keen on using the 'oh stupid Americans stereotype!!!!!'
He goes from the right to the wrong making a sweeping generalization. I don't think City Data gives an accurate picture of a demographically complex country such as the United States of America

Old 03-25-2016, 11:14 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,049,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
If we talk about Y-DNA...

Europeans are mostly type R and East Asians (especially Chinese) are mostly type O. These two groups are closely related.

Arabs are mostly type E,I and J, so Arabs are more distant to Europeans than East Asians are, in terms of Y-DNA.

In particular, Finns belong to type N, which is the sister of type O.

Siberians, Mongols, and northern Japanese (Ainu) belong to type C and D, so they are more distant to Chinese than Europeans are.

This is only Y-DNA though, which does not determine phenotypes much. However, Y-DNA is correlated with culture and civilization.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:39 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,525,589 times
Argentinians: soccer

Old 03-26-2016, 09:10 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,468,595 times
I divide up White Americans into two ethnicities: Southern Whites and all other Whites. While differences are becoming less each group has significantly different values and world views.

Southern Whites mostly have ancestors who were the original European settlers to North America: English, Scottish, Welsh, Dutch, French, Scots Irish, and Germans. SW's have been in America so long that they have no significant identity associated with Europe, they view themselves as just American. They are very patriotic and really sensitive towards any criticism of the USA. They have a tradition of military service in every war fought since 1776. They are very traditional and want to maintain a lifestyle that is not that different than their grandfather. They are motivated less by financial gain and more by family and their home town. They are very friendly and hospitable.

Northern Whites may have some ancestors who arrived at Massachusetts in the 1600s but also have many ancestors who arrived far later. They maintain a close identity with Europe as probably one grandparent was born there. Compared to SW's they are more into change and making America evolve. They are highly motivated by money more than family and will move anywhere for better pay even if it means leaving their older parents behind without a caretaker. They have no problem questioning American policy or actions. They tend to be more progressive (like not having Jim Crow laws against Blacks). They are also less friendly and live more hurried lives.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:00 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,107,058 times
Britons are an ethnic group, coming from Britain, the TIN ISLANDS, Brythonic linguistically, with the Brigantes as the largest tribe, along with Eceni. 78% of English ( not British) still carry this blood-line. Why do you think we are fearsome drunkards ( England football fans would give the Roman army a hard time!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World