Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 11:10 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,816 times

Advertisements

What implies positive feelings and good friendship in your country? What is the style how you show you are doing good together?

Leave the fakeships with fake blabbers because I mean real, true, life long friendships
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 11:27 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
What implies positive feelings and good friendship in your country? What is the style how you show you are doing good together?

Leave the fakeships with fake blabbers because I mean real, true, life long friendships
I don't know many people with life long friendships, I think serial friendships lasting a few years are more common.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I don't know many people with life long friendships, I think serial friendships lasting a few years are more common.
I have 3 friends who with we get to know as a child and we are still friends after ermmmm.... really long time

...Few decades...

Actually friendships even gets better after dedaces, it is easy and comfy when both knows all and there is no need to pretend to be anything else

Old 04-03-2016, 11:23 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,436,030 times
Few days ago, a Facebook posting asked to share who had been friends for over 20 years. I devoted time to verify that between about 440 friends I have on Facebook, some 75 I knew for over 20 years.
Of course, most of them are people that today I have little contact. I believe that to friendship last we must understand that people people go through different phases and many of them over time will no longer have as much contact with us, but friendship can continue even if the positions and necessities of life are changing.
This leads me to ask how I can be more present in the lives of these people. This answer I have not but I think generally the lasting friendships must survive even without much contact, and a forced approach may hinder more than help.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
Few days ago, a Facebook posting asked to share who had been friends for over 20 years. I devoted time to verify that between about 440 friends I have on Facebook, some 75 I knew for over 20 years.
Of course, most of them are people that today I have little contact. I believe that to friendship last we must understand that people people go through different phases and many of them over time will no longer have as much contact with us, but friendship can continue even if the positions and necessities of life are changing.
This leads me to ask how I can be more present in the lives of these people. This answer I have not but I think generally the lasting friendships must survive even without much contact, and a forced approach may hinder more than help.

Nothing wrong in facebook...

But as I am from the time before facebook

I would like to keep the context in real life.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:46 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,839,371 times
Not getting stabbed on a get together by yer m9s.

Old 04-04-2016, 03:39 AM

531 posts, read 595,264 times
In southern England, because there's a layer of civility to public conduct that is not necessarily genuine, positive feelings are conveyed through interpersonal intangibles and non verbal communication. The absence of passive aggression.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
In southern England, because there's a layer of civility to public conduct that is not necessarily genuine, positive feelings are conveyed through interpersonal intangibles and non verbal communication. The absence of passive aggression.
This is actually part of why I am asking. Also some people share friendship wrist bands, "blood brothers" type of stuff, tattoos etc. to confirm their friendship so I was interested what all people do. Things that people don't bother to do just to fake it.

Old 04-04-2016, 03:14 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,297,725 times
In Italy people tend to be very demonstrative, so being from a more introvert culture it is sometimes hard to know if they really mean it or if it's just superficial.

Old 04-04-2016, 03:49 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,817,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
In Italy people tend to be very demonstrative, so being from a more introvert culture it is sometimes hard to know if they really mean it or if it's just superficial.
Honestly, myself as an Italian, i have and had a difficult time separating superficial friendliness and the ones who are actually meant, you really start noticing it only after months you meet a person. It may be easier here to get to know people if you want (even then it depends on the area really) but the "challenge" comes only after that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World