Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 11:09 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,936,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
To be fair, Sami have been a minority for decades, maybe having a whole channel for them is exaggerated (it is for Swedish speaking people as well), but the channel is probably more of a symbolic presence
The Sami likes to play the victim card. Ok, it's partly justified. But the Sami wants to martyr themselves like being equivalent to he Native Americans in Europe. That is false.

The Sami don't have an own TV channel, they have only a couple of 5 min news a day. But if you consider that the archealogical finds from Southern Finland are from the same age as the Sami finds, who were here first? Or did we all come at the same time? Or what if the so-called Finns arrived on our southern coast before the Sami reached the Arctic circle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 11:09 AM

545 posts, read 870,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
They are hardly goose stepping down our streets and have no agenda in terms of peoples ethnicity, gender, religion etc. They just want to leave the EU and put border controls back in place. It should be noted that a number of UKIP Candidates are from a diversity of ethic and religious backgrounds.
You know that they have almost the same agenda as the Front National ? The only difference is the FN tries more "serious" because they don't just talk about Europe and immigration but also about economic policies (close to the far-left), constitutional reforms and culture (or, should I say, non-culture).
Even in their official engagement it's written black on white that "French citizens, whatever their origins, should be hired first instead of any non-citizens residents".
But exactly like the FN the UKIP political officials make racists remarks once in awhile.. Which just shows their real thoughts even if they try to look more political correct to appeal the masses.
Moreover they only got 1 parliamentary seat thanks to the UK voting system. They got 12.5% of the votes in the last general election but 0.15% of the seats.

But still, I agree, the UK never made me think about fascism, nationalism maybe, but not fascism... But same about Spain and cocaine.. What about Colombia ? This map is just about fun, no need to take it seriously.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:24 PM

8,886 posts, read 8,527,601 times
Oh so now Taiwan is part of the Philippines now?

Well that's still better than being considered as part of China lol.

Taiwan:
- Convenience stores, highest density per km square and per capita.

- Semiconductor exports or something or the sort. I heard it's the 1st place, or maybe it was and now is overtaken by Korea or China.

There are probably more, and I'm sure there are a lot more if it's under the context of best in Asia (because the majority of Asian countries are total losers )

Old 04-23-2016, 02:33 PM

400 posts, read 424,815 times
Canada:
- mining finance (believe it not). So many mining companies headquartered here have operations around the world. Most of the Toronto Stock exchange is comprised of companies involved with mining or oil.

- building ugly condos in our cities and selling it to hot and stolen money from kleptocrats from eastern europe and Asia (china, primarily)

- making the best downfilled winter jacket in the world: Canada Goose.

Sadly, nothing else

Old 04-23-2016, 02:36 PM

8,886 posts, read 8,527,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookyhere View Post
Canada:
- mining finance (believe it not). So many mining companies headquartered here have operations around the world. Most of the Toronto Stock exchange is comprised of companies involved with mining or oil.

- building ugly condos in our cities and selling it to hot and stolen money from kleptocrats from eastern europe and Asia (china, primarily)

- making the best downfilled winter jacket in the world: Canada Goose.

Sadly, nothing else
What about having a da bomb Prime Minister?

Old 04-24-2016, 02:29 AM

6,511 posts, read 4,135,020 times
Scams, Yams and Failing Dams.

Old 04-24-2016, 02:56 AM

27,643 posts, read 13,838,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
You know that they have almost the same agenda as the Front National ? The only difference is the FN tries more "serious" because they don't just talk about Europe and immigration but also about economic policies (close to the far-left), constitutional reforms and culture (or, should I say, non-culture).
Even in their official engagement it's written black on white that "French citizens, whatever their origins, should be hired first instead of any non-citizens residents".
But exactly like the FN the UKIP political officials make racists remarks once in awhile.. Which just shows their real thoughts even if they try to look more political correct to appeal the masses.
Moreover they only got 1 parliamentary seat thanks to the UK voting system. They got 12.5% of the votes in the last general election but 0.15% of the seats.

But still, I agree, the UK never made me think about fascism, nationalism maybe, but not fascism... But same about Spain and cocaine.. What about Colombia ? This map is just about fun, no need to take it seriously.
UKIP are not the Front Nationale, we have the National Front and British National Party in the UK and they are not and never have been a major political force.

As for UKIP, they are not very succesful politically, and as already explained there policies merely consist of leaving the EU and putting an Australian System of Border Control in place. In terms of policies Donald Trump is far more radical, do is the Republican Party in the US the same as the Front National, which had 25% of the vote in elections in France in 2014.

As I have already explained they have only one seat in the British Parliament, out of 650 seats and are not a major party unlike the Front National in France which has far more support and is politicallly far more succesful, as indeed id Donald Trump, who wants to ban Muslims from entering the US and curb immigration, make Mexico pay for a massive Wall costing billions and put Muslim communities under mass Surveillance.

I do agree with you on your final point, the UK does not make images of fascism come to mind.

France's Front National Party Wins Over Six Million Votes - The Atlantic

Marine Le Pen wins record victory for Front National in French elections - Telegraph

Donald Trump compares immigrants to venomous snakes - Telegraph

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-24-2016 at 03:08 AM..

Old 04-24-2016, 03:19 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,936,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
Colombia was the #1 producer of cocaine before, but they have never been #1 in using cocaine.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:12 AM

26,945 posts, read 38,307,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
It's not my problem that you couldn't market maple syrup as a global brand. We didn't even try it with birch sap.

But isn't Canada like 2nd in easiness of doing business? And 1st in hockey! And has the 3rd largest French-speaking city in the world!
I'd be curious as to which city would be considered second? Kinshasa?

Old 04-25-2016, 08:24 AM

10,672 posts, read 16,124,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I'd be curious as to which city would be considered second? Kinshasa?
1.Paris
2.Kinshasa
3.Abidjan
4.Montreal

5-8:
Port-au-Prince, Dakar, Douala, Yaounde
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World