Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 04:23 AM

570 posts, read 605,797 times

Advertisements

My impression in the films is that policemen in USA use much weapons and are few educated with people .-

In Spain and Italy my experience is that Carabinieri and the Guardia Civil are very educated,and the
Guardia Civil is very effective.- On France,UK and Germany of these countries I have no experience but I have good references.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 08:01 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,840,231 times
This is a no-brainer: In the Nordic countries. Well educated, friendly, professional, effective and most importantly: uncorrupted. It's even unfair to say ACAB to them.
Ok, the Carabinieri may be somewhat effective, I wouldn't put much faith in a Sicilian or Calabrese one...

The US police is a joke and a disgrace to the badge. BTW, the police in the US is 100 times more lethal than the Finnish one.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:09 AM

27,232 posts, read 13,521,447 times
The Metropolitan Police in London and other forces in Great Britain were very much based on the principle of a civil police service which served the community as opposed to more militaristic Gendarmeries in other parts of Europe.

Peelian Principles -Wiki

Peels Principles Of Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Peel
The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

Robert Peel
In terms of complaints, the police have their own professional standards units, however where cases are more serious or you are unhappy with the police response, the Indpendent Police Complaints Commision (IPCC) may become involved. This is a seperate organisation to the police largely made up of investigators with a legal background with no connection to the police. It was recently announced that even greater powers are to be given to the IPCC, extra staff are to recruited and the organisation may be rebranded 'The Office for Police Conduct'.

Indpendent Police Complaints Commission - Wiki

Home Secretary Announces Reforms To IPCC - Gov.UK

The Police in Great Britain remain a largely unarmed police force, with less than 10% of officers in London armed, and around 5% of police officers armed nationally.

5 Countries Where Police Officers Do Not Carry Firearms And It Works Well - Washington Post

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-25-2016 at 08:37 AM..

Old 04-25-2016, 10:25 AM

6,469 posts, read 8,200,485 times
Is not the American police academy like 3-6 months? In Norway it is three years. I have also noticed that many police officers in the United States are rather short and / or obese.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:08 PM

This year to join the spanish civil guard there are 800 places and there is 32500
applicants -

The Test exams include a group of culture and of math, a group athletics and a psicologica selection that is the most demanding .-

Those who pass the exams, they study in the Academy 9 months and 5 month more
of practice with a end exams and only all this for be a base guard.

Later they will return to study more months to do many specialties.-

Old 04-25-2016, 02:25 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,117,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Is not the American police academy like 3-6 months? In Norway it is three years. I have also noticed that many police officers in the United States are rather short and / or obese.
I think the main reason for the difference between the police in the U.S. and in Europe is the difference in training. As far as I know in most European countries the training for police officers takes 3 years. A lot of time is used for teaching psychology and how to de-escalate situations. That can never work if the training takes just 3-6 month. And probably a big portion of this time is used to firing practices.

And that are the results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eb_fDe3IlI

Unbelievable

Old 04-25-2016, 03:08 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,819,022 times
First of all, to enter into polizia you must pass a test which you can enter if you have an Italian citizenship, an age that's between 18 and 30 years old, physique and behaviour that can be judged as suitable (regarding physique, a height of at least 165 cms and at most weight/height ratio of 1:1), graduation from high school and a clean criminal record

The test itself consists of a selective written exam, physical exam and assessment of one's behavioural and psycholigical attitude. After having passed the test, you must pass one year of professional formation in one of the Schools that are dotted throughout the country.

Will write more later on about the carabinieri whose tests and exams are stricter and which i know little about. By the way, polizia is armed here with a Beretta pistol and lately it seems a spy pen and pepper spray. Incidents such as the one in the USA are uncommon as the Beretta pistol is rarely used

Old 04-25-2016, 04:56 PM

AT Nobody of this thread was fined for the police on a highway in Europe or USA,-

In these roads as you behaved the police with you -. .-.-

Old 04-25-2016, 09:38 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,548,959 times
I'm honestly starting to wonder if your broken English is some kind of a joke. I speak several languages (poorly), but it continues to reach new levels of unintelligible.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:21 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,840,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroninja42 View Post
I'm honestly starting to wonder if your broken English is some kind of a joke. I speak several languages (poorly), but it continues to reach new levels of unintelligible.
It's 100% google translate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World