Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 06:06 PM

8,874 posts, read 8,470,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
The Grand Canyon isn't the west coast and it's not as hot as you may be thinking.
Oh yeah it's in a desert or something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 06:21 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,918,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
You don't like direct sunlight much do you? Are you afraid of possibly getting a sunburn.

The weather varies depending on time of year and which area you visit.

http://www.thecanyon.com/weather

Last edited by AFP; 05-07-2016 at 06:36 PM..

Old 05-07-2016, 06:39 PM

6,624 posts, read 6,561,659 times
Northern Ontario

I love travelling. I'd love to see most of the US. I rank it high on my list of places to visit. I've been to quite a few states, but would like to see them all. We're heading across country to Alaska and then down through BC, then Washington, then doing the Oregon coast this summer... can't wait!

I love visiting the Caribbean, been to Europe a few times, and would like to travel where ever else I can go before I can't travel.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:46 PM

8,874 posts, read 8,470,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You don't like direct sunlight much do you? Are you afraid of possibly getting a sunburn.

The weather varies depending on time of year and which area you visit.

Grand Canyon Weather | Average Temperatures of Grand Canyon South, West and North Rims - TheCanyon.com
I don't really get sunburns, I just get tanned lol.

It's just that I feel like I'd get lost and die in the Grand Canyon lol.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:48 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,430,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
It's not the Sahara or Sonoran. Elevation plays a role as you pass through 6 climate zones. Trust me, I can't stand heat either and dislike the desert myself but the Grand Canyon looks far worse than it is.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:24 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,120,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Taking the train down the coast is much better. You can sit and look out the window.

https://www.amtrak.com/coast-starlight-train

I am a bit reckless, but I've done that exact same thing in a car before

Old 05-09-2016, 04:29 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,962,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryever View Post
3. I've already been to the US multiple times and I have lived there for a few months, but yeah I would say the most appealing parts are NYC and the west coast
Interesting, because as an American those are what I would consider the least appealing parts of the US.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:56 AM

42 posts, read 44,337 times
1. First tell us where you're from :
south america

2. Next state what you think of the US as a tourist destination compared to other countries you'd consider :
it is a interesting place to see, though its overexposure in the media, and its massive influence everywhere might actually make it less interesting than other less advertised, less known, less promoted, less globalized countries.

3. If possible state what you'd like to do, eat, see, etc. :
NYC, Miami, New Orleans, San Francisco as far as cities.... the rest don't draw me as much

Visit a few national parks here and there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World