Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 12:25 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times

Advertisements

Spring: Madeira

Summer: Rio de Janeiro

Fall: London

Winter: Moscow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 12:36 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
LOL - I think of the Beach Boys, Baywatch and this kind of thing.

[youtube]2DF6y2JTTHU[/youtube]
Lol. I was just watching Baywatch the other day (found a channel that plays old shows) and the first thing I thought was- why is Pamela Anderson wearing so much make-up and hairspray? She's a freaking lifeguard!

I have been hanging out at the beach in CA for a few decades now. We do not wear makeup, dress very simple. We go all year round, but summer is super packed. Surfers are surfing year round, even in the winter (as Gentoo mentioned). More people do tend to go in the summer, plus there are alot of tourists.

The image of sunsets, palm trees, Volkswagen vans/bugs, skateboards, boardwalks, etc...is pretty accurate! Only that the people are more diverse.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:31 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,813,825 times
Winter - The Alps but especially the Dolomites
Spring - The Netherlands
Summer - Sardinia, Sicily and the Greek Islands
Autumn - New England

Old 06-05-2016, 03:38 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,364,292 times
Spring: countries with a lot of natural beauty, lots of forests and fields... the Netherlands (tulips), Germany, maybe England due to the famous gardens
Summer: Mexico, U.S.A., Caribbean
Fall: Canada (maple trees turning colour), Japan (beautiful Fall foliage), France and Italy (vineyards and harvest)
Winter: Scandinavia, Russia, the Alps

Old 06-05-2016, 03:45 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,813,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Spring: countries with a lot of natural beauty, lots of forests and fields... the Netherlands (tulips), Germany, maybe England due to the famous gardens
Fall: Canada (maple trees turning colour), Japan (beautiful Fall foliage), France and Italy (vineyards and harvest)
Didn't know they had fall foliage on the same level as Northeastern USA, the Appennines or the Central Spanish ridges but it seems they have. I would usually associate the country more with cherry blossoms which occur in spring. I couldn't associate Germany with any season and certainly not spring. Autumn is probably the best due to foll foliage, harvest in the Southwest and Oktoberfests

Old 06-05-2016, 04:12 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,364,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Didn't know they had fall foliage on the same level as Northeastern USA, the Appennines or the Central Spanish ridges but it seems they have. I would usually associate the country more with cherry blossoms which occur in spring. I couldn't associate Germany with any season and certainly not spring. Autumn is probably the best due to foll foliage, harvest in the Southwest and Oktoberfests
I totally forgot about Oktoberfest...my bad... Germany makes me think of Spring because it's usually shown in photos over here with the spring flowers blossoming in beautiful fields or on mountainsides. German products aren't usually advertised with photos of anything else.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:31 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Only including European countries...

Spring:
Portugal, France, Monaco, Italy, San Marino, Croatia, Bulgaria

Summer:
Spain, Malta, Greece, Cyprus

Fall:
Ireland, UK, Benelux, Denmark, Germany, Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine

Winter:
Iceland, Fennoscandia, Baltics, Belarus, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria

Not sure where to put Slovenia, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania and Macedonia.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:15 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,525,573 times
Spring: Netherlands and the cities of Vallée de la Loire
Summer: Brazil, Southeastern Asia, Caribbean and Pacific Islands
Autumn: Belgium, Canada, Japan
Winter: Russia, Central Europe, Nordic Countries, Alaska, Patagonia

Old 01-01-2022, 07:02 PM

5 posts, read 1,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
The US makes me think of Autumn more than anything. Thanksgiving, beautiful foliage, corn and pumpkin harvests, football, the World Series. Canada meanwhile makes me think of Winter. It’s one of the coldest and snowiest countries in the world. When people think of Canadian scenery they tend to think of mountains and snow, think Banff or Jasper National Park.
I agree with you on the rest. Honestly I think anywhere with a tropical or desert climate has a summer vibe. That would be essentially anywhere in Africa, anywhere in Latin America outside the Southern Cone, southern India, Southeast Asia, Florida, Polynesia, and Australia.
Actually, I think Australia is the true most summery country in the world. It’s a warm weather paradise filled with beaches, deserts, and rainforests. Australia Day is held in January which over there is in Summer. Tanzania is of course the exception to the rule. There it looks more Spring-like.
Japan to me has more of a Spring like vibe with all the cherry blossoms, although you are right that Japan has gorgeous fall foliage.

Old 01-01-2022, 10:04 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,495,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroPoug View Post
The US makes me think of Autumn more than anything. Thanksgiving, beautiful foliage, corn and pumpkin harvests, football, the World Series. Canada meanwhile makes me think of Winter. It’s one of the coldest and snowiest countries in the world. When people think of Canadian scenery they tend to think of mountains and snow, think Banff or Jasper National Park.
I agree with you on the rest. Honestly I think anywhere with a tropical or desert climate has a summer vibe. That would be essentially anywhere in Africa, anywhere in Latin America outside the Southern Cone, southern India, Southeast Asia, Florida, Polynesia, and Australia.
Actually, I think Australia is the true most summery country in the world. It’s a warm weather paradise filled with beaches, deserts, and rainforests. Australia Day is held in January which over there is in Summer. Tanzania is of course the exception to the rule. There it looks more Spring-like.
Japan to me has more of a Spring like vibe with all the cherry blossoms, although you are right that Japan has gorgeous fall foliage.
Hopefully, you mean Tasmania Sorry I could not resist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World