Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 10:02 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
Because they already know that.
Yet they post articles like "99 ways we are better than America". Do you know basic psychology?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 10:22 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,605,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yet they post articles like "99 ways we are better than America". Do you know basic psychology?
God, you insist on picking a fight. Of course, as you have so clearly shown, "better" is subjective on some levels. Additionally, things such as health care, wage inequality, gay marriage, gun control affect everyone differently, and therefore everyone has a different opinion. Even if the hot-topic issues in the USA now don't affect you personally, you can not deny that there are society-wide problems, and there are a lot of things that Canada, and for that matter, a few dozen other countries in the world, simply do extremely well where the USA falls short. Are you jealous, or just offended because they seem to be bragging? I'm American, but this "we're the best and I refuse to believe we're not," mentality is killing us. There's a difference between having national pride and refusing to recognize issues.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:11 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,393,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
It just goes to show how 'hard' your average Briton is by the time they are 8, I would guess a 5 year old Briton is probably 'tougher' than a fully grown American pudding, unless of course he has his gun with him, then I'm sure he would blast away at all and sundry in a cowardly panic if he was approached by an 8 year old on a skateboard, notice how Americans don't want to get involved in football because they're scared of the Russian thugs - as usual they leave it up to the British to bear the brunt (just like the wars) before riding in trying to claim some kind of glory after the British have done the hard work.
No, 8 year old gangs don't show how 'hard' your average Briton is. LOL

The reason you have 8 year olds running around Britain's "most violent city" is because there no true gangs to check em (Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings, Hells Angels, MS-13, etc.)

Americans not liking soccer has nothing to do with Russians. You're getting more and more delusional every time you speak easthome!

Old 06-16-2016, 11:15 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,605,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post

The reason you have 8 year olds running around Britain's "most violent city" is because there no true gangs to check em (Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings, Hells Angels, MS-13, etc.)
I'd take 8 year olds over proper gangs any day...

Old 06-16-2016, 11:31 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Exactly. Yugoslavia was one such communist country where people had a lot of personal freedom which is why Stalin kick it out of the Soviet pact. What most Americans know about communism is what our government tells us, propaganda.
Since you seem familiar with the area, I have a question regarding a smaller player in the region -- namely, Albania. When I was growing up in the late Fifties / early Sixties (the high-water mark of the Cold War), Albania was cited as a member of the "Communist Bloc" (a/k/s Red Menace) and its strongman (Hoxha) was regarded as a dim-bulb with a penchant for brutality even stronger than Tito's -- a Balkan counterpart of Idi Amin.

I'm assuming that some of the disparity was accentuated by Albania's participation in the Warsaw Pact (the Eastern European counterpart to NATO), and I'm not aware of the existence or availablity of Soviet troops there to put down an uprising similar to that In Hungary in 1956 or Czechoslovakia in 1968. Further enlightenment would be appreciated.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-16-2016 at 12:18 PM..

Old 06-16-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
It has much to do with being exploited, money isn't everything, it's worth little if you can't enjoy it due to a neverending amount of work or if you know that your work won't allow you to live a healthy life because it's likely to damage you in one way or another physically. I would prefer receiving a far lower salary for a work that's not as physically damaging and that wouldn't get me in the position of getting me exploited rather than that but then again we may have different values
Then if you prefer your lower salary/easy hour days, go for it bro! But I tried that 8 hour day nonsense first and it got me nowhere. All I was doing was barely making enough to live comfortably. So I went fishing and bought a house cash. A couple other guys on the crew were trying to save up to start businesses.

Long days are part of fishing if you want big checks fast. It has nothing to do with being exploited especially when you earn a percentage.

Last edited by joeyg2014; 06-16-2016 at 12:15 PM..

Old 06-16-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I'd take 8 year olds over proper gangs any day...
That's fine. But let's not act like having 8 year olds running the streets makes your country "harder." LOL

Old 06-16-2016, 01:25 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
God, you insist on picking a fight. Of course, as you have so clearly shown, "better" is subjective on some levels. Additionally, things such as health care, wage inequality, gay marriage, gun control affect everyone differently, and therefore everyone has a different opinion. Even if the hot-topic issues in the USA now don't affect you personally, you can not deny that there are society-wide problems, and there are a lot of things that Canada, and for that matter, a few dozen other countries in the world, simply do extremely well where the USA falls short. Are you jealous, or just offended because they seem to be bragging? I'm American, but this "we're the best and I refuse to believe we're not," mentality is killing us. There's a difference between having national pride and refusing to recognize issues.
I challenge you to show me where on this thread I even remotely intimated anything that you are accusing me of.

On the contrary, pretty much all of my posts have been responses to criticisms of America from people who most likely have never been here and really have no idea what they are talking about.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:29 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
No, 8 year old gangs don't show how 'hard' your average Briton is. LOL

Americans not liking soccer has nothing to do with Russians. You're getting more and more delusional every time you speak easthome!
It shows how 'hard' your average 8 year old Briton is! We are super tough by the time we are 18, Hells Angels! lol you're funny they're fully grown men acting like 12 year olds aren't they? (unless they have their big gun with them to make them feel tough) as for 'Gangster Disciples' and 'Latin Kings' what the f*ck are they? They have the sort of names kids gangs give themselves, what else you got there 'the big tough bears gang'? Or perhaps the 'Side street bear fighters'? Typical Americans, give themselves a comical name and think it makes them 'tough' lol Its obvious that Americans shun football because they're even scared of common football hooligans! Even Italians have football hooligans and they are the second most cowardly people on the planet!

Old 06-16-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
In my opinion, Americans have an aversion to the truth.

A nation cannot progress when its people and politicians pretend to live in a utopia, where it is politically incorrect to scrutinise things. One who questions norms should be listened to, rather than shunned or frowned upon.

Fortunately, things are gradually starting to change. For the sake of their country, I hope that more will continue to wake up.
LOL Hilarious to hear this coming from a European!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World