Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which country would you prefer (PLEASE read scenario BELOW FIRST)?
The "liberal" one 29 61.70%
The "conservative" one 18 38.30%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 04:36 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,840,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Those no go zones are all complete nonsense and simply racist propaganda. Sure there might be neighbourhoods where crime rate is higher than normal but which country/city doesn't have them?
So the Swedish Police published racist propaganda then? Who would have thought...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 05:20 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,837,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
So the Swedish Police published racist propaganda then? Who would have thought...
I read the report and replied to you back then. The report didn't even mention the word 'no-go'. It simply stated that there are neighbourhoods with higher crime.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:17 AM

10,647 posts, read 16,051,492 times
I rather live in The Bahamas/Dominican Republic/Mexico/Panama/Colombia/Brazil/South Africa than in Belarus/Libya/Equatorial Guinea/Saudi Arabia/Iran/Bangladesh/Brunei.

First group has a homicide rate of at least 16.0 per 100k, Second group are all under 4.0 per 100k.

Freedom > Safety

Old 06-10-2016, 08:11 AM

32,672 posts, read 48,139,958 times
You have a very weird misunderstanding of the difference between liberal and conservative, OP.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:14 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,353,547 times
I can't think of any poll or thread that demonstrates (??) the misunderstanding, inconsistency, and manipulative nature of contemporary American politics better than this one.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:55 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,530,261 times
I live in Brazil. I think this is enough for replying the question.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:04 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,350,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Actually it's interesting how many wrong things you can write in such a short sentence. For starters, the DM stopped targeting EE in around 2015, and Eastern Europe is such an old term everyone who uses it + DM are just living 30 years behind and shouldn't be taken seriously. Finally, Eastern Europe these days is reserved for the "noble" Ukraine and Russia...I don't care about them. My country only interests DM in the context of gypsies and beggars, which isn't the "violent blond slavs" - the type Farage likes.
British teenagers flee for their lives after getting caught up in gangland shooting that left mobster dead and two others injured in Bulgarian bar | Daily Mail Online

That was literally published 4 hours ago. Seems like those "popular tourist spots" in Bulgaria are no-go zones as well.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:19 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,030,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
British teenagers flee for their lives after getting caught up in gangland shooting that left mobster dead and two others injured in Bulgarian bar | Daily Mail Online

That was literally published 4 hours ago. Seems like those "popular tourist spots" in Bulgaria are no-go zones as well.
Are you seriously comparing shootout between former convicts to a no go zone? What's next, maybe comparing Bulgaria to Alepo, Syria...

Also, you're trying to disprove what I wrote by giving yet another dailymail link 0_0? Consider this: you won't find article in wikipedia proving "benefit tourism" from Bulgaria/Romania, yet you'd find such article about no go zones in Sweden.

Edit: here even examples:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-go_area#Sweden

And here "prove" about the benefits tourism from Bulgaria/Romania:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benefit_tourism

Old 06-10-2016, 11:15 AM

525 posts, read 454,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Country 1 ("liberal"): Very free country. Has anti-discrimination laws. Pro gays, pro women, etc and etc. You can dress however you want. There's free speech. It's pretty much a democracy. But alas, it's very violent and ferocious. Murder rate is extremely high, as is rape, muggings, assaults and other sorts of malicious crimes.

Country 2 ("conservative"): Almost like a dictatorship. A cruel law system with death penalties such as the firing range and decapitation, and punishments such as lashes. No free speech allowed (at least controversial ones that go against the government). You must dress or act how the law wants you to (especially the women). No LGBT or women's rights. But here, you're safe as you can be, just as long as you abide to the laws. You can leave your door open all night and no one would rob you. Hardly any murder or assaults.

Pick your poison.
Depends. Which country takes better care of the poor/orphans/needy? Which one starts more wars? Which one helps more countries?

Old 06-10-2016, 11:22 AM

8,871 posts, read 8,461,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Are you seriously comparing shootout between former convicts to a no go zone? What's next, maybe comparing Bulgaria to Alepo, Syria...

Also, you're trying to disprove what I wrote by giving yet another dailymail link 0_0? Consider this: you won't find article in wikipedia proving "benefit tourism" from Bulgaria/Romania, yet you'd find such article about no go zones in Sweden.

Edit: here even examples:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-go_area#Sweden

And here "prove" about the benefits tourism from Bulgaria/Romania:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benefit_tourism
Not trying to belittle your country but I would feel far, far safer in Sweden than in Bulgaria or Romania, even if the crime rate is somehow higher in Sweden (though I doubt if that's the case).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World