Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 11:03 PM

50 posts, read 37,726 times

Advertisements

Iranshahar 118f with 5% humidity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 08:54 PM

802 posts, read 1,365,839 times
Tbilisi, Georgia is pretty dry.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:28 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svedski View Post
Aside from the Middle East and Africa...what are some of the places in the world with the lowest relative humidity year around? Is there any place like Nevada or Arizona? Anything even come close?

I am asking because I am sick with mold toxicity and need to live somewhere with an average humidity level of below 50%. Can't get a Visa to the US for longer than 90 days.
Besides NV, AZ and NM? CO, too.

Kazakhstan? Uzbekistan? Afghanistan? Turkey? Erevan, Armenia? Georgia (Tbilisi, etc.) Great wine-making tradition in Georgia!

Where else... ... Urumqi, Xinjiang (Chinese Turkestan)? Albania? Maybe Macedonia? Montenegro? I didn't find the Alpine region in Germany to be humid. Spain, Portugal?

Old 06-20-2019, 01:52 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,205,244 times
Rule of thumb: The lower the temperature went overnight the night before, the lower the humidity will be as the daytime temperature rises.

Ignore humidity as a percentage. Use Dew Point. If the dewpoint is below 70F or 21C, you will be fairly comfy at any time of the day, all day. If it is above 75F or 24C, you will feel the misery of humidity at 8 am, 3pm, or 8pm. The dewpoint remains fairly constant around the clock, seldom changing by more than a couple of degrees in a day. If the temperature drops below 70 overnight, it will drag the dewpoint down with it, and you'll have a comfortable day. Dewpoint can never be above temperature.

Here in Cebu, the temp is 89, feels like 106, humidity is 89%, and all I need to know is that the dewpoint is 79.

It is hard to determine the dewpoint, the TV weatherman will never tell you what it is. They keep that a secret -- if you knew that, you would not need a weatherman.

Last edited by cebuan; 06-20-2019 at 02:04 AM..

Old 06-20-2019, 07:45 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
The northern end of Chile. Very dry, no measurable rainfall in a few locations there.

Conditions to immigrate and to get a permanent residence are not difficult,

Old 06-20-2019, 04:17 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times
Turpan has an average annual precipitation of only 13.1 mm (0.516 inch). And it is a medium-sized city with over 600,000 population.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turpan#Climate

Old 06-20-2019, 06:13 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,205,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The northern end of Chile. Very dry, no measurable rainfall in a few locations there.

Conditions to immigrate and to get a permanent residence are not difficult,

Northern Chile is just as humid as anywhere else at that latitude -- it just never gets cold enough to precipitate the moisture out of the sea air. The Arabian side of the Persian Gulf has the highest moisture content of any air in the world, but it rarely rains.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:46 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,370,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Northern Chile is just as humid as anywhere else at that latitude -- it just never gets cold enough to precipitate the moisture out of the sea air. The Arabian side of the Persian Gulf has the highest moisture content of any air in the world, but it rarely rains.
Huh?
Lack of rain in northern Chile has nothing to do with this, but it’s caused by the influence of the subtropical high, as it happens in every western coast at those latitudes.

The coastal areas of northern Chile have relatively high humidity, yet it's usually not as high as in tropical areas, and they are pretty cool for such latitude, so the dew points are clearly lower. However, humidity quickly plummets inland, and more often than not, dew points are well below sub-freezing and there you do have some clear candidates.

This is Calama in the last month: https://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynr...min=0&ndays=30
Td Med: Average dew point
Hr. Med: Average relative humidity

Old 06-29-2019, 05:40 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtrustates View Post
Tbilisi, Georgia is pretty dry.

The first thing I've noticed in Tbilisi was the HUMIDITY that I was not accustomed to (Baku in Azerbaijan was even worse.)

I was not familiar with such thing as "humidity" when I lived back in Moscow (I didn't feel it pretty much throughout the rest of the former SU when traveled, apart from Caucasus region,) and that was the first thing I've noticed when in the US.
The air is VERY different here in this respect comparably to European continent, and yes, this includes Wisconsin and Minnesota, not to mention the East Coast.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:59 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,941,545 times
Obviously you need to live in rather liveable cities as well. So why I'm not sure why people in here are suggesting Central Asia and the Atacama desert? -_-

Try the Australian cities of Perth, Albany, Melbourne and Adelaide. Very liveable and hardly humid. Melbourne may have annoying temperature fluctuations and changeable weather, and that's pretty unbearable for many. So we can maybe exclude that city (unless if you can handle such extremities). Furthermore, the South Coast of NSW is just mildly humid, but the temps are pretty mild in the summer, so it won't feel that muggy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World