Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 06:35 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,529,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post

Over the past few weeks, rumour of the possibility of an outbreak of tropical-disease during the Games has circulated.

Michel Temer, Interim President of Brazil

Only the ignorant fear Zika. That is endemic in areas hundreds of miles away, and in fact more prevalent in Puerto Rico than in Rio.

What others fear is that this event will be total confusion, and the prospects of a break down of the security apparatus in a city renowned for its high crime isn't reassuring.

Plus the water events being held in sewage and with super bugs isn't the best publicity either.

I think that taking on both the World Cup and the Olympics was a monumental mistake. I can only wonder what benefits this brings to average Brazilians now mired in a rapidly declining economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 05:59 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,432,557 times
The U.S. Olympic Committee has reserved Colégio São Paulo, a Catholic school in one of Rio de Janeiro’s elite beachfront neighborhoods, for its hospitality and organizational headquarters during the 2016 Summer Games. Expecting a surge in travelers and corporate guests, the organization is planning a nearly 12,000-square-foot, 600-person capacity party house, its largest yet.

“The structure itself is right on Ipanema Beach,” said Peter Zeytoonjian, the USOC’s managing director of marketing. “It’s a large structure within walking distance of Copacabana and Ipanema and a longer walk from Leblon. And the proximity to some of the events on Copacabana and Ipanema, and a lot of the hotels, made it a very attractive location for us.”

The USOC is now soliciting bids from hospitality event agencies to further plan and operate the facility, Zeytoonjian said. The interior will be decorated in themes blending the local Rio culture and Team USA imagery.

Choice for USA House at Rio Games: Sand, surf and proximity - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

Old 07-10-2016, 06:11 PM

The NBA House is a thematic space of the American basketball league that promises to be the meeting point for sports fans of all ages. In the space of about 3000 square meters, which are expected more than 50,000 people during the ten days of operation, visitors will find mascots, athletes and NBA legends, and near to see the Larry O'Brien Trophy (Cup delivered the champions). In addition, fans will participate in challenges, running for official gifts and exclusive prizes.

http://jornaljoseensenews.com.br/por...16-850x566.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-08-2016 at 05:27 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 07-10-2016, 06:35 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,468,853 times
Let's wish all: the Olympic athletes who have trained with such dedication for so many years, the audience that has awaited the opportunity to witness this spectacular event with such anticipation, the IOC that has planned such a monumental event, and the people of Brazil who will be their hosts the best, safest and most memorable Olympiad!

Old 07-17-2016, 10:13 AM

The Olympic Tune by Katy Perry

Old 07-17-2016, 05:43 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times
Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
The Olympic Tune by Katy Perry

I was wondering what this artist has been up to. I am a little surprised they did not pick someone from Brazil? Regardless I like a lot of her stuff. A good song is a good song. I can't open the link... but I am looking forwards to hearing the song choice. I am actually getting excited to see what Brazil has in store for the opening and closing ceremonies.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:53 PM

This song is hapening.

There are already lots of covers on Youtube.
I loved this one

Old 07-19-2016, 11:53 AM

990 posts, read 878,639 times
I have tickets for soccer in São Paulo and basketball in Rio and looking for more tickets!!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:17 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times
Default Cool ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
I have tickets for soccer in São Paulo and basketball in Rio and looking for more tickets!!
Are you from Brazil or visiting. Last year when they had the Pan Am games in my city I started buying tickets to things then realized some of the events where like a 1.5 hour drive from Toronto where I live. I still went to at least 3 soccer games and it was fun, though it took me longer to get there and back then the game lasted. The whole experience of having the games in my city was amazing. I hope anyone going to games in Brazil has an amazing time too. Have fun !

Old 07-26-2016, 07:49 AM

990 posts, read 878,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Are you from Brazil or visiting. Last year when they had the Pan Am games in my city I started buying tickets to things then realized some of the events where like a 1.5 hour drive from Toronto where I live. I still went to at least 3 soccer games and it was fun, though it took me longer to get there and back then the game lasted. The whole experience of having the games in my city was amazing. I hope anyone going to games in Brazil has an amazing time too. Have fun !
I am from Brazil but I live in Sao Paulo not Rio so I have to travel there. only soccer we will have many games here in my city. Yes I think it will be amazing!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World