Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 09:25 AM

5,214 posts, read 3,992,524 times

Advertisements

+1 for Israel.

It's certainly not the burgers from America though, nor the island monkeys nor the overrated blond junkies(scandinavia).

And definitely NOT the biggest land mass: Russia. Other than big in land mass it's also known as a home of the alcoholic Ivan and "that country that lost the cold war".

Old 07-10-2016, 10:20 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,288,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
by any chance did you read the OP' post? hm, doesn't seem like you did...
I did, and the OP is lying. The thread went on for months, and basically stopped. There was no mention of that person, at least not when the thread was active. And no one knows that person.

And anyone who thinks that Israel, a tiny country of a few million people with little geographic significance, producing fairly little, and not particularly wealthy, is "the most powerful country in the world" is either completely ignorant or a raging anti-semite. It's just a few million Jews surrounded by angry third world Muslim states.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:10 AM

969 posts, read 823,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
And anyone who thinks that Israel, a tiny country of a few million people with little geographic significance, producing fairly little, and not particularly wealthy, is "the most powerful country in the world" is either completely ignorant or a raging anti-semite. It's just a few million Jews surrounded by angry third world Muslim states.
Careful NOLA. This doesn't concern any half-baked anti-semitic conspiracy theories that "Jews are plotting to take over the world". The ideas are more within the area of ontology and require some amount of abstractification.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:36 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,288,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
Careful NOLA. The ideas are more within the area of ontology and require some amount of abstractification.
What are you even saying here? You're mis-using irrelevent English words. Are you mis-using Google translate or something?

Again, if someone thinks that Israel is the most powerful country in the world, then they're either a paranoid anti-Semite or have been living in a cave. It's a minor country.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:01 PM

969 posts, read 823,109 times
Quote:
What are you even saying here? You're mis-using irrelevent English words. Are you mis-using Google translate or something?
Ontology is relevant here because it concerns cultural and political forces that transcend national boundaries and cultural identities. One could argue that it's the only context in which Israel makes sense in a geopolitical framework.

The idea is abstract because it is based on a functional assessment of a nation's power and influence that transcends concrete thinking-based measurements of power, such as population, natural resources, economic and military might.

Last edited by CTDominion; 07-10-2016 at 12:45 PM..

Old 07-10-2016, 01:16 PM

5,214 posts, read 3,992,524 times
Quote:

Again, if someone thinks that Israel is the most powerful country in the world, then they're either a paranoid anti-Semite or have been living in a cave. It's a minor country.
How the hell can you be ANTI semite when you say Israel is the best country in the world? 0_0
With such logic if I say the opposite: that Israel sucks and is full of sneaky jews then I should be anything but antisemite? I think the bigger question here is whether you're troll or just genuinely dumb.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:26 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,325,602 times
Quote:
I did, and the OP is lying. The thread went on for months, and basically stopped. There was no mention of that person, at least not when the thread was active. And no one knows that person.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:28 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,325,602 times
Quote:

Old 07-10-2016, 05:54 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,400,865 times
Quote:

And anyone who thinks that Israel, a tiny country of a few million people with little geographic significance, producing fairly little, and not particularly wealthy, is "the most powerful country in the world" is either completely ignorant or a raging anti-Semite. It's just a few million Jews surrounded by angry third world Muslim states.
I'm not an anti-Semite. I don't love Israel but that doesn't make me an anti-semite. My girlfriend is half Jewish not including the fact that at least a 3rd of the community I live in is jewish

Old 07-11-2016, 07:56 AM

391 posts, read 751,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
It's managed to survive against all the odds despite being surrounded for much of its history by nations bent on its destruction, first through physical warfare, then through perpetual political and media war.
The only reason Israel exists is because of the US. So how can Israel be more powerful than the US?

The OP is obviously a troll. The US is the most powerful country in the world, followed by China.

But in the end it's not just about countries, as the same people who run the States also run Western Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.