Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 11:44 AM

5 posts, read 3,958 times

Advertisements

I have never been out of Europe, but now I need a place to live with rent of a clean renovated apartment for under $175 a month, and that doesn't seem possible within Europe. So, I'm considering going to other places, I might even just move around monthly when visa period ends, I just need a cheap place to live for now.

But I am scared about certain things: malaria, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, tuberculosis, polio, meningococcal, typhoid, and yellow fever?

As well as these: high terrorism threats, high certain crime rates (homicide, robbery, rape, etc)?

There are high incidence rate for these, so going pretty much anywhere below Europe seems scary to me. Can you guys give some insight? :-)

I am considering the following countries:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I don't understand the question.

Your first set of concerns are only common to ultra-poor third world countries. You were planning to move to the Congo or Guinea?

Your second set of concerns are only common in certain war zones, like ISIS-controlled lands, parts of Guatemala, etc. You were planning to relocate to Syria or rebel-controlled jungles of Guatemala?

Pretty much any first world country will be totally fine.
Well yes, I meant one of the following countries (I have read they are the cheapest):

Albania
Argentina
Bangladesh
Cambodia
Colombia
Costa Rica
Ecuador
Egypt
Georgia
Greece
Guatemala
Honduras
Macedonia
Malaysia
Mexico
Moldova
Morocco
Nepal
Nicaragua
Panama
Peru
Philippines
Sri Lanka
Thailand
Tunisia
Turkey
Venezuela

Last edited by Expat337; 07-05-2016 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Added the list of countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 11:49 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times

Your first set of concerns are only common to ultra-poor third world countries. You were planning to move to the Congo or Guinea?

Your second set of concerns are only common in certain war zones, like ISIS-controlled lands, parts of Guatemala, etc. You were planning to relocate to Syria or rebel-controlled jungles of Guatemala?

Old 07-05-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:

Well yes, I meant one of the following countries (I have read they are the cheapest):

Albania
Argentina
Bangladesh
Cambodia
Colombia
Costa Rica
Ecuador
Egypt
Georgia
Greece
Guatemala
Honduras
Macedonia
Malaysia
Mexico
Moldova
Morocco
Nepal
Nicaragua
Panama
Peru
Philippines
Sri Lanka
Thailand
Tunisia
Turkey
Venezuela

Old 07-05-2016, 12:34 PM

Why do you want to move to these places, if I may ask?

On this list, there are some middle income countries where I would feel a bit more comfortable living. Turkey, Mexico, Argentina, Greece, Macedonia, Malaysia, Thailand, are all not that bad.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Why do you want to move to these places, if I may ask?

On this list, there are some middle income countries where I would feel a bit more comfortable living. Turkey, Mexico, Argentina, Greece, Macedonia, Malaysia, Thailand, are all not that bad.
Of course. The only reason is that I need a really cheap apartment that looks clean and renovated. I need an apartment below $175 per month, that is with some basic electricity, internet, water and gas taxes.

Another criteria is stable internet, of course.

Thanks for the list!

Although I think there might be a problem because I can only get a visa for a short period of time, so technically I would need to move through countries to live in them.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat337 View Post
Of course. The only reason is that I need a really cheap apartment that looks clean and renovated. I need an apartment below $175 per month, that is with some basic electricity, internet, water and gas taxes.

Another criteria is stable internet, of course.

Thanks for the list!

Although I think there might be a problem because I can only get a visa for a short period of time, so technically I would need to move through countries to live in them.
Are you on the run from police or something? Any of the countries I listed would be fine.

$175 is cheap even in those countries, I think. In Mexico that would not get you much in a city. You would just get an illegal shared room in a city.

You are OK with living in a small town? If so, you can do that cheap in the U.S. or Germany or someplace developed, you don't have to move to Thailand or somewhere in the developing world. But probably less reliable internet in rural third world.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Are you on the run from police or something? Any of the countries I listed would be fine.

$175 is cheap even in those countries, I think. In Mexico that would not get you much in a city.

You are OK with living in a small town? If so, you can do that cheap in the U.S. or Germany or someplace developed, you don't have to move to Thailand or somewhere in the developing world.
No. I do not make much money and I need a place to live, and that is what I can pay for an apartment. The rest is for food and such.

I'm fine with living in a small town as long as it's safe.

I'd definitely love to live in Germany, but all that I can find range from at least 400 euros. I am yet to see an actual offer like this in any developed country.

If I missed something, let me know. I do really need some type of help in deciding where to go...

Old 07-05-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
No. I do not make much money and I need a place to live, and that is what I can pay for an apartment. The rest is for food and such.

I'm fine with living in a small town as long as it's safe.

I'd definitely love to live in Germany, but all that I can find range from at least 400 euros. I am yet to see an actual offer like this in any developed country.
Hmm, you can get a room in Germany for under 400 euros. Look at East Germany. Someplace like Rostock or Schwerin.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:29 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,040,657 times
Quote:

Albania
Argentina
Bangladesh
Cambodia
Colombia
Costa Rica
Ecuador
Egypt
Georgia
Greece
Guatemala
Honduras
Macedonia
Malaysia
Mexico
Moldova
Morocco
Nepal
Nicaragua
Panama
Peru
Philippines
Sri Lanka
Thailand
Tunisia
Turkey
Venezuela
Bangladesh, Egypt, Honduras, Moldova and Venezuela... Really

Old 07-05-2016, 01:53 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,025,201 times
vaccines??

Ideally I'm curious how to deal with lions and the rebels if I travel to the middle of Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World