Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's yout favorite brazilian city?
Rio de Janeiro 13 38.24%
São Paulo 6 17.65%
Salvador 4 11.76%
Recife 2 5.88%
Fortaleza 4 11.76%
Curitiba 9 26.47%
Porto Alegre 3 8.82%
Florianópolis 8 23.53%
Brasília 1 2.94%
Goiânia 0 0%
Manaus 1 2.94%
Belém 0 0%
Belo Horizonte 3 8.82%
Vitória 0 0%
Other 2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 03:56 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,808,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast93 View Post
I chose Curitiba because it seems like a very cozy city. It's also the "coldest" out of all major Brazilian cities, so that's a plus.

Sao Paulo would be a close second, simply because it's extremely massive and diverse. It's the type of city where you can see all sorts of different cultures and people, and where there's always some crazy **** going on. Even though I'm not really a city person, the whole concrete jungle chaos vibe it gives seems appealing sometimes.
I have a Mexican friend who went to Curitiba to study Portuguese, he never came back. He has been there 5 years and loves it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 06:36 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,443,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Sadly, Porto Alegre isn't what it used to be. The local government has been horrible and the city hasn't been well taken care of- there is graffiti and trash everywhere now.
Almost every day somone from there posts that had his cell phone stolen in the Facebook...

Old 02-15-2017, 10:11 AM

127 posts, read 124,649 times
It's most of Brazil really hot?

I don't like hot weather, I like temperate.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:53 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,536,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marble-ky View Post
It's most of Brazil really hot?

I don't like hot weather, I like temperate.
Yes. There is almost no temperate climate in Brazil. Summers are hot everywhere in Brazil; winters are only moderately cold (seldom under 5°C) in most of southern states, in the city of São Paulo, and in Serra da Mantiqueira, a mountain range extending through the limits of states of São Paulo, Minas Gerais e Rio de Janeiro. All the rest of the country is hot all the year.

The highest locations in Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul experience snowfalls every year in the winter and sometimes even in the autumn, but that region is scarcely populated, with only few towns and villages.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:27 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,443,003 times
In my town temperatures above 30° is rare.
Most of the time it's between 12° and 20°, but I don't like because it's too much cloudy and rainy. Very few sunny days.

Higher towns not close to the sea have cooler temperatures but more sunny days like Diamantina (MG), Campina Grande (PB) and Brasília (Brasília is too dry during winter).

Southern cities use to be cold during winters and hot during summers. Higher cities in the South like Caxias do Sul (RS) and Curitiba (PR) don't get hot usually but are too cold during winters.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:45 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,808,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
Almost every day somone from there posts that had his cell phone stolen in the Facebook...
Very sad.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:40 PM

127 posts, read 124,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
In my town temperatures above 30° is rare.
Most of the time it's between 12° and 20°, but I don't like because it's too much cloudy and rainy. Very few sunny days.

Higher towns not close to the sea have cooler temperatures but more sunny days like Diamantina (MG), Campina Grande (PB) and Brasília (Brasília is too dry during winter).

Southern cities use to be cold during winters and hot during summers. Higher cities in the South like Caxias do Sul (RS) and Curitiba (PR) don't get hot usually but are too cold during winters.
I really like weather in South America's pacific coast

Not as hot, with blue skies and more of a mild California type weather.

Venezuela for example is pretty stuffy and muggy, while Colombia's highland weather is pretty Mediterranean with long sunny days and then massive spell of rain that lasts an hour or two only to clear up again.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:05 AM

844 posts, read 1,067,995 times
Probably the ones in Minais Gerais; Ouro Preto, Belho Horizonte (incorrect spelling?) and the little ones like Diamantina.
Plus:
Olinda
Fortaleza
Salvador
Recife
Curitiba

Of course Rio, SP and Brasilia are on the list but I'm not as intrigued by them as I'm by the aforementioned.

Saudade!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World