Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 12:20 PM

10,641 posts, read 16,025,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Ugh what do you have in common with Japan?
Not that much but more than any other country in Eastern Asia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Yeah try going to Greece and tell them they're "Eastern Europeans"...good luck. They were part of the so called West in the cold war and envision themselves as capitalists etc. + you could be both southern and western - like Italy.
If Italy was located in the Balkan peninsula i would call it Eastern European too.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:09 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
If Italy was located in the Balkan peninsula i would call it Eastern European too.
Yes, Italy is pretty similar to EE in many ways. Yet Greece are just culturally western, the beginning of "western civilization" if you will.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Ugh what do you have in common with Japan?
Which countries do you think are the most similar to Taiwan outside Eastern Asia?

Old 07-31-2016, 07:52 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times
Quote:
Which countries do you think are the most similar to Taiwan outside Eastern Asia?
Palestine

Old 07-31-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Palestine
Okay that's Western Asia what about the rest of the world?

Old 08-01-2016, 04:44 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,070,030 times
Quote:
Could you explain these because i think there are better options.
I used U.S to compare with countries in these regions but I also tried to say that my view of US was bias as most of my life has been spent in Texas and Louisiana. Also if I ran out of legit comparisons I used Texas as a substitute for the US. So when I say Malaysia I am actually comparing it to Texas as they have a few similarities. While Brazil is being compared more to the U.S overall. Same for Nigeria.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I used U.S to compare with countries in these regions but I also tried to say that my view of US was bias as most of my life has been spent in Texas and Louisiana. Also if I ran out of legit comparisons I used Texas as a substitute for the US. So when I say Malaysia I am actually comparing it to Texas as they have a few similarities. While Brazil is being compared more to the U.S overall. Same for Nigeria.
Malaysia is just too green to compare it to Texas.
I also think Nigeria is more similar to Portugal than the U.K.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:01 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,648 times
The Southern Central Italy of...............is.................

South America: Argentina (large percentage of descendants of Italian immigrants; large Italian influence in cuisine, architecture and way of life as well as having regions who share a similar climate with ours).
North America: California (do single states count? Even though California has received little in the way of Italian immigrants, it shares its climate with that of the vast majority of our regions and well that's enough to make it the most similar place in the whole of North America)
Asia: No place even gets close. My imagination isn't good enough to attempt something. The closest thing is probably Lebanon as far as climate (theirs is harsher though), popular culture and history goes.
Africa: Libya because the place used to be an Italian colony, has a Mediterranean climate on its coast, has had its history often being influenced by ours, ecc.
Europe: Is it Greece or Spain? Undecided here but the Eastern half of the country shares more things with the former but the Western has more in common with the latter who has managed to influence and change Italy more than any other so i would go for Spain in the end

Old 08-01-2016, 08:54 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,383,240 times
Quote:
Malaysia is just too green to compare it to Texas.
I also think Nigeria is more similar to Portugal than the U.K.
What parts of Texas have you been to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World