Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 09:49 AM

10,645 posts, read 15,972,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
That being said we are the largest producer of Meth in the entire world
I think that title belongs to Burma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 09:57 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,400,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I think that title belongs to Burma.
Per capita maybe, but I still think the US produces the most overall

Old 08-20-2016, 10:45 AM

10,645 posts, read 15,972,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Per capita maybe, but I still think the US produces the most overall
I think your underestimating Burma's meth production.
The Shan State alone probably produces more than the entire U.S.
Don't forget that we're talking about a 3rd world country where corruption is part of daily life, even the military is involved in the production and trade.

Meth is the most popular drug in almost every country in Southeast Asia and Oceania.
Meth is not even in the top 4 most popular drug in most countries of the Americas.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:59 AM

1,529 posts, read 912,277 times
Meth production is an olympic sport??????

Old 08-20-2016, 11:05 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,857,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Meth production is an olympic sport??????
Everything goes on this thread might as well discuss the breaking bad series as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mqVBKhYN8E

Old 08-20-2016, 11:37 AM

Back to olympics.

In a few minutes Brazil will play Germany for the gold medal in football. Naturally I want my team to win, but playing in front of a home crowd Brazil may have the edge. Plus Brazil plays for pride. Germany whipped them 7-1 in the world cup semi final.

These are not the same teams. With very few exceptions both teams have different players. As an "old" football player I hope it will be a good match. Two of the worlds greatest football nations showcasing the worlds predominant sport.

Old 08-20-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Back to olympics.

In a few minutes Brazil will play Germany for the gold medal in football. Naturally I want my team to win, but playing in front of a home crowd Brazil may have the edge. Plus Brazil plays for pride. Germany whipped them 7-1 in the world cup semi final.

These are not the same teams. With very few exceptions both teams have different players. As an "old" football player I hope it will be a good match. Two of the worlds greatest football nations showcasing the worlds predominant sport.
Make that 4:30 PM. As usual my local NBC station screwed it up.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:29 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,778,415 times
Quote:
Back to olympics.

Brazil won.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:47 PM

Congratulations Brazil.

Not the best football game I ever watched. In spite of having a few opportunities, neither team managed to score more than one goal. A PK shoot out is not the most satisfying end to a game. Well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Now we can move on and wind down the Olympiad.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:48 PM

14,831 posts, read 11,956,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
the usa due to its enormous population and wealth is always going to win the most medals but there is no doubt that GB have been the standout nation at this games

personally i dont think the usa is anymore than an average sports nation relatively speaking in terms of how interested the population as a whole is in sport , i would place it well behind australia which is a truly sports mad nation , i would also place the uk behind australia in this regard despite their incredible rio games
When I was younger I always used to consider the Americans to be among the worlds worst sporting nations, this though was mainly because I never saw an American sports person, the main reason because they don't do the same sports as the rest of the world, I used to wonder why they never had a team in the World Cup, why they never played international rugby or cricket, never had a decent F1 driver. Of course as I grew up I realised that they weren't necessarily 'bad' at sports they just played 'different' ones. I've now also discovered that they too do seem to believe that they are somehow 'superior' in a sporting sense (perhaps for the same reasons), reality is that considering the sheer size of the countries population and the wealth or resources it has the US medal count is not particularly impressive, China's even less so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World