U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-14-2016, 08:16 PM
 
2,091 posts, read 1,583,965 times
Reputation: 3135

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Okay, and who was able to get this permission among the Chinese and the Russians? Why is it sensitive information? Use illegal drugs and hide it - it is a crime.
The US athletes were granted exemptions for legitimate medical reasons. It's sensitive information because in civilized parts of the world a persons medical issues are consideted private. The information is only shared with and reviewed by the people who need to know. In this case, the athlete, their doctor, US anti-doping officials and WADA. It's not anyone else's business if Venus Williams suffers from Sjogren's Syndrome or if Simone Biles has ADHD. WADA reviewed the medical reasons why the athlete had to be on the medication and decided it was medically necessary. Nothing was hidden by the US, it was shared with WADA. WADA is where the Russian hackers stole the information from.

If the Russians were using medications for legitimate medical reasons, the athletes could have had their doctors apply for an exemption from WADA. That is not what happened with the Russians, because they were using the medications to cheat, not to treat medical conditions. The Russians covered up use because it was not for legitimate purposes. This is why the Russians are banned.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2016, 10:50 PM
 
21,740 posts, read 17,804,826 times
Reputation: 9061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
We didn't. We marched without a flag, but under the banner FINLAND in the entry parade. And when a flag was needed, the athletes used the Helsinki Women's Athletic Club's flag.

Both in 1908 and 1912 the Finnish athletes catecorically refused to compete under the Russian flag. And there wasn't any need for it either, as Finland was an independent member of the international olympic committee.

So up yours.
After 1905 Romanov's were too busy with other matters I suppose, to pay attention at 26 grunting and wheezing Finns under some women's Athletic banner))))
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2016, 01:17 AM
 
21,740 posts, read 17,804,826 times
Reputation: 9061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
The US athletes were granted exemptions for legitimate medical reasons. It's sensitive information because in civilized parts of the world a persons medical issues are consideted private. The information is only shared with and reviewed by the people who need to know. In this case, the athlete, their doctor, US anti-doping officials and WADA. It's not anyone else's business if Venus Williams suffers from Sjogren's Syndrome or if Simone Biles has ADHD. WADA reviewed the medical reasons why the athlete had to be on the medication and decided it was medically necessary. Nothing was hidden by the US, it was shared with WADA. WADA is where the Russian hackers stole the information from.

If the Russians were using medications for legitimate medical reasons, the athletes could have had their doctors apply for an exemption from WADA. That is not what happened with the Russians, because they were using the medications to cheat, not to treat medical conditions. The Russians covered up use because it was not for legitimate purposes. This is why the Russians are banned.
I am sorry, I follow neither Olympics nor the whole doping ordeal, but this picture made me chuckle never the less;




Here is on the left is a Russian gymnast. A representative of atrocious school of doping, meldonium and other anabolics. A shameful image of Russian sport and disgrace of Olympics.
Here on the right - a beauty and pride of a sport clear of any doping. Sport gymnastics favorite, Simone Biles. A paragon of purity and sport without steroids.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2016, 02:54 AM
 
Location: Russia
5,197 posts, read 3,234,468 times
Reputation: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
The US athletes were granted exemptions for legitimate medical reasons. It's sensitive information because in civilized parts of the world a persons medical issues are consideted private. The information is only shared with and reviewed by the people who need to know. In this case, the athlete, their doctor, US anti-doping officials and WADA.
Reception banned drugs can not be secret information. This is deception of all participants, all healthy athletes. This provides an advantage. If an athlete can not participate on a common basis, he/she must participate in the Paralympic Games. When you deny it, you are protecting the criminals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
WADA is where the Russian hackers stole the information from..
Stop your propaganda. You have no evidence of the involvement of Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
If the Russians were using medications for legitimate medical reasons, the athletes could have had their doctors apply for an exemption from WADA. That is not what happened with the Russians, because they were using the medications to cheat, not to treat medical conditions. The Russians covered up use because it was not for legitimate purposes. This is why the Russians are banned.
The latest information shows that the Russians also used these permits (but in smaller quantities). WADA should be reorganized. This organization is completely discredited. Removal of Russians without sufficient evidence, concealing illegal drugs, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2016, 03:01 AM
 
Location: Russia
5,197 posts, read 3,234,468 times
Reputation: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Here is on the left is a Russian gymnast. A representative of atrocious school of doping, meldonium and other anabolics. A shameful image of Russian sport and disgrace of Olympics.
Here on the right - a beauty and pride of a sport clear of any doping. Sport gymnastics favorite, Simone Biles. A paragon of purity and sport without steroids.




Muesli ---- Steroids
https://i02.fotocdn.net/s22/80/publi...2552552015.jpg

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 09-15-2016 at 03:53 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2016, 04:33 AM
BMI
 
Location: Ontario
7,471 posts, read 6,151,957 times
Reputation: 6057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I'm voting for Russia on this one....looking very nice....

USA ....hmm....looks like too much testosterone.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2016, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Russia
5,197 posts, read 3,234,468 times
Reputation: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
I'm voting for Russia on this one....looking very nice....

USA ....hmm....looks like too much testosterone.....
Maria Sharapova

More photo
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2016, 09:01 AM
 
11,873 posts, read 7,943,159 times
Reputation: 31655
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Here is on the left is a Russian gymnast. A representative of atrocious school of doping, meldonium and other anabolics. A shameful image of Russian sport and disgrace of Olympics.
Here on the right - a beauty and pride of a sport clear of any doping. Sport gymnastics favorite, Simone Biles. A paragon of purity and sport without steroids.
Pretty silly to compare a rhythmic gymnast to an artistic gymnast (look it up). As for that picture of Simone, can you say "photoshop"?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2016, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Finland
24,257 posts, read 22,179,540 times
Reputation: 11103
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
After 1905 Romanov's were too busy with other matters I suppose, to pay attention at 26 grunting and wheezing Finns under some women's Athletic banner))))
The Second Oppression started in 1908, and it was even worse than first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russification_of_Finland
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2016, 12:19 PM
 
21,740 posts, read 17,804,826 times
Reputation: 9061
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Pretty silly to compare a rhythmic gymnast to an artistic gymnast (look it up). As for that picture of Simone, can you say "photoshop"?
You know, I initially thought so too - a possibility of photoshop, but is it a photoshop also?




http://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/...d98da9ba_b.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/b1bd...924-simone.png
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top