Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 10:36 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,383,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I made Greenland blue by accident, it should be gray.

As a answer for China's dominance in Southern Africa.

Its not like USA is unknown to the area, not that many people live there and if the Americans won't grab it, Brazil would.

Why would the USA grab a tiny country in a sea of a American hating empire?

There are no political and cultural differences in a Caliphate, only the law of islam and most muslims seem content with that.
Algerians, Lebanese, Somalians and Indonesians are all the same culturally??? Ooooookay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 10:38 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,025,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
If we had invaded Japan, it would have been to end the war that they brought us in to. The US WOULD NOT have annexed Japan. As mentioned, we had the Philippines and surrendered them back to the people there. The US has no interest in gaining more territory. We're already big enough on a continental scale.
Its not about gaining territory but to prevent another war coming from the Japanese.

What do you think what would happen if the USA had won the war without WMD?
You really believe the Americans would just go home waiting until the next war?

Old 09-02-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Algerians, Lebanese, Somalians and Indonesians are all the same culturally??? Ooooookay.
In a "Caliphate" they are.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Its not about gaining territory but to prevent another war coming from the Japanese.

What do you think what would happen if the USA had won the war without WMD?
You really believe the Americans would just go home waiting until the next war?
We would have done exactly what we did. A victory even without Nuclear weapons would have still allowed the US to dictate the terms of surrender. We would have still prohibited Japan from having any sort of military and provided their defense as we do now. I believe we keep one or two aircraft carriers off their coast at all times. You can contain a nation without annexing it.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
In a "Caliphate" they are.
But they're already not so how would you get to that point?

Old 09-03-2016, 05:27 AM

827 posts, read 630,997 times
Hum, I really think this map is totally unrealistic.

No way Russia acheive to conquer balkan and baltic country in the next ten years. I should be even surprise if they acheive to keep Tchechenya during the next 10 years.

Same thing with Britain who conquer Ireland. I bet in 20 years north Ireland will be unite to the republic of ireland.
Ans they also might loose Scotland.

In green/Persia, you have put some sunni country like Pakistan or Afghanistan. There is no way Iran arrive to control hardcore sunni contries like them.

I beleive the time of the empire is ending. We will see the rise of small nation.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
Hum, I really think this map is totally unrealistic.

No way Russia acheive to conquer balkan and baltic country in the next ten years. I should be even surprise if they acheive to keep Tchechenya during the next 10 years.

Same thing with Britain who conquer Ireland. I bet in 20 years north Ireland will be unite to the republic of ireland.
Ans they also might loose Scotland.

In green/Persia, you have put some sunni country like Pakistan or Afghanistan. There is no way Iran arrive to control hardcore sunni contries like them.

I beleive the time of the empire is ending. We will see the rise of small nation.
I said "If we stopped having WMD"

Old 09-03-2016, 06:40 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Oh well, this might actually be worth some thought.

Ok, if there were no WMD's and magically nobody could create them, there's still a lot of deterrence.

NATO is the most powerful military alliance in the world. NATO would have nothing to win in fighting Russia, China or India. So if true to their promises, all these factions could guarantee as many countries which are within their realistic powers. For example if France with NATO's consent would invade Haiti and the Dominican Republic it could do so, as neither Russia or China would be able to defend them.

Russia again could subjucate all of her ex-Soviet republics outside NATO, as NATO or China cannot defend them, and neither wouldn't risk going to war for Kyrgystan or something.

Subjucating means here theoretically. If Spain would invade Costa Rica, you'd be sure that the Costa Ricans would start a guerrilla war which could take on years, even decades.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:38 AM

Question; are we using WMD synonymously with nuclear weapons? They're not necessarily the same thing.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:39 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,049,955 times
I don't think the dynamic would change much at all in the western hemisphere or Western Europe. The problems would be in Asia, the Koreas, Japan and China as one major conflict zone. Then India and Pakistan. MAYBE the Russians would get more aggressive in Eastern Europe. It could eventually spread into a World War, but the major military powers would still be major military powers and it would be delusional to attempt an invasion of any of them.

Nukes are a pacemaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World