Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 08:22 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times

Advertisements

What ethnic groups (not nationalities) have the most diverse looking people, despite being the same ethnicity or made up of one ethnicity?

I'm going to say Armenians and Georgians. Many have a Mediterranean look (dark hair, creamy olive skin), but there are those who look Nordic (light hair, white skin) and others would even have a South Asian appearance. Despite this, they're all ethnically homogeneous and are not even mixed. I was going to say Turks too, but they actually have a bit admixture (southern Europe, Baltic and central Asia). Any others?

Armenians (notice how their look varies between each person): http://www.1tv.am/images/news/1/2689/g1.jpeg

Again, this is not to be confused with diverse nationalities (i.e. Brazil, American, Canadian, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 09:48 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quite a bit of diversity found in the Central Asian countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centra...ntral_Asia.png

Old 10-13-2016, 09:52 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Quite a bit of diversity found in the Central Asian countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centra...ntral_Asia.png
Yes, some Central Asians may look more European and others would have a more Asiatic appearance (such as those from the east). But I doubt that they are genetically homogeneous. I think, like Russia and Brazil, Central Asia would probably have a few ethnic groups and indigenous populations that have been intermixed?

Looking at Google images, Tajik and Uzbek people mostly do look similar to one another, though. The former seem to be more Middle Eastern looking, whilst the latter look Asiatic.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:23 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Russians.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:11 AM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Uighur in China.
Somali
Fulani- Range in skin tones and hair color
British- Range in hair color, texture and look.
White Americans- I can't pinpoint one white American look and they look very different from each other.
African Americans- The varying skin tones and the fact that this is a very mixed group.
Filipinos- Not sure what ethnic group but the Tagalog speaking people seem to have high Spanish and sometimes Chinese admixture.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:32 AM

810 posts, read 667,820 times
I'll say the Irish. When I was there I barely saw anybody with fair skin and red hair!

Old 10-14-2016, 01:27 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Yes, some Central Asians may look more European and others would have a more Asiatic appearance (such as those from the east). But I doubt that they are genetically homogeneous. I think, like Russia and Brazil, Central Asia would probably have a few ethnic groups and indigenous populations that have been intermixed?

Looking at Google images, Tajik and Uzbek people mostly do look similar to one another, though. The former seem to be more Middle Eastern looking, whilst the latter look Asiatic.
The most diverse looking ethnic groups are not genetically homogeneous. Think in terms of historical migration and trade crossroads. In Europe that would be represented by the three southern peninsulas.
I think the Portuguese are more diverse looking than any of the Spaniards we are more genetically diverse if you look at our mtDNA and Y-DNA. The Italians are also diverse and so are some ethnicities from the Balkans

Turkey is quite diverse and India is extremely diverse but I think there are over 300 ethnic groups living in India.

Last edited by AFP; 10-14-2016 at 01:55 PM..

Old 10-14-2016, 01:41 PM

595 posts, read 719,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The most diverse looking ethnic groups are genetically homogeneous. Think in terms of historical migration and trade crossroads. In Europe that would be represented by the three southern peninsulas.
I think the Portuguese are more diverse looking than any of the Spaniards we are more genetically diverse if you look at our mtDNA and Y-DNA. The Italians are also diverse and so are some ethnicities from the Balkans
Portuguese and Italians are as diverse looking than any other big and middle size European country.

Old 10-14-2016, 02:03 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,091,562 times
I cannot remember if I am thinking of Kazakhs or Uzbeks, but I know it is one of the major Central Asian ethnic groups. I've met and seen people from the ethnic group that look just like East Asians, particularly Mongols and Koreans, and others who wouldn't look out of place in far Western Europe.

Old 10-14-2016, 02:25 PM

87 posts, read 64,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
I cannot remember if I am thinking of Kazakhs or Uzbeks, but I know it is one of the major Central Asian ethnic groups. I've met and seen people from the ethnic group that look just like East Asians, particularly Mongols and Koreans, and others who wouldn't look out of place in far Western Europe.
the truth. they're a mix of siberian mongols and whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World