Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 05:00 AM

43,352 posts, read 44,062,834 times

Advertisements

So how do non-Americans living outside the USA view the election of Donald Trump as the next American president?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 05:20 AM

4,095 posts, read 3,680,894 times
I didn't think it would happen, I honestly thought it was a step too far into the unknown but my mum called it from day 2. After Brexit and the No vote to the Colombian Peace agreement, she said we're witnessing a global shift.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:28 AM

24,144 posts, read 24,690,445 times
I think it's time to start our own nuclear programme.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:47 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,513,462 times
If I were from USA, I would be a moderate republican. But given the options Trump and Hillary Clinton - a ridiculous boaster and the american version of Dilma Rousseff - I wouldn't even waste my time voting on either, both are equally depressing. For Brazil, I think it would change anything. As Brazil has no diplomatic issues with USA, the only concern is about trade between both countries.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:48 AM

447 posts, read 319,861 times
I live in the USA currently but I am NOT a us citizen. I am on L2 visa as my husband is an expatriate. I don't care if Trump wins but I DO care that That Hillary DOES NOT win.

Reason? I am an Asian. I know how hard Asian students work on their academics. The SCA 5 is totally a racial quota. Our kids no matter Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Indian, were not born to be good at academics but they, with the help of their parents, work their tail off to get what they want.

If you can not get what you want, it simply means you are not working hard enough!

Old 11-09-2016, 05:58 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,825,817 times
Seems like we won't have WW3 now as the softheaded supporters of Hillary had wished for.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:05 AM

4,434 posts, read 6,956,677 times
I live in Australia and happy with the result. Examples are while she was in government, Obama was opposed to the intervention in Libya but HIlary was firmly supportive of it, and now the country is a failed state with ISIS opperating there. Also under HIlary, under her proposal Syria will have no fly zone and that will cause much more confrontation with Russia. Also trade was greatly expanded with Saudi Arabia under Hilary permission even though Saudi Arabia and Qatar was discretely funding ISIS. There are other examples and this shows that she is not to be trusted as commander in chief.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:08 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,511,760 times
Unbelievable stupidity. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said a million times over by now. I have second hand embarrassment that there's a border to a red state only 200 km away from where I live in Canada.

I'm not even convinced that Trump believes half the garbage he churns up, but I think he does believe (and know) that the American majority, or at least voting majority, are actually stupid enough to be coaxed to support him from a sentiment of pure evil rather than rationality; that this would be a more effective route to presidency.

Congratulations, USA. I am absolutely beyond speechless of your gong show. You are so beyond damaged, it's incredible.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:10 AM

24,144 posts, read 24,690,445 times
But now when the Mexicans and other low-wage workers are thrown out, who is gonna build that wall? Stock brokers, journalists and firemen?

A job opportunity for Estonians?

Old 11-09-2016, 06:41 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,035,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
I live in the USA currently but I am NOT a us citizen. I am on L2 visa as my husband is an expatriate. I don't care if Trump wins but I DO care that That Hillary DOES NOT win.

Reason? I am an Asian. I know how hard Asian students work on their academics. The SCA 5 is totally a racial quota. Our kids no matter Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Indian, were not born to be good at academics but they, with the help of their parents, work their tail off to get what they want.

If you can not get what you want, it simply means you are not working hard enough!
This 10,000x over. Giving unproductive people the fruits of productive people's labor and innovation guarantees that the recipients of said fruit will never endeavor to be more than recipients of other people's fruit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World