Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 02:26 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times

Advertisements

All those French-speaking western African countries. Ridiculously small and fragmented. The current borders make absolutely no sense.

Those three Nordic countries.

The Balkan countries

Belgium should desolve and merge with France and the Netherland

Bavaria with Austria

Syria, Jordan and Iraq

Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia

NZ and Australia

Columbia and Venezuela maybe with central America

Chile, Boliviam Paraguay, Uraguay and Argentina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
It wouldn't be fair since the average Malaysian is a lot richer than the average Indonesian.
Average people in Connecticut are a lot richer than those in Alabama and Mississippi to. And Lombardy and Sicily.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Actually no. We detest them, but they love us, in an extremely sickening way, aka "I will destroy you if I can't have you".

Sort of like the twisted mindset from The Collector if you know what I mean, it's pretty disgusting, but well I guess it suits them.
Most Taiwanese do not hate mainland Chinese, and most mainland Chinese do not "love" Taiwan. Stop being a drama queen.

The Chinese's attitude toward Taiwan "yes, you are a richer and different place, but sorry, we just won't let you go. There is just no way".

Taiwanese attitude toward China "we have nothing in common! we have nothing in common! we have nothing in common"!

Old 04-19-2017, 04:16 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,442,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Most Taiwanese do not hate mainland Chinese, and most mainland Chinese do not "love" Taiwan. Stop being a drama queen.

The Chinese's attitude toward Taiwan "yes, you are a richer and different place, but sorry, we just won't let you go. There is just no way".

Taiwanese attitude toward China "we have nothing in common! we have nothing in common! we have nothing in common"!
I doubt that Chinese people consider Taiwan to be richer. It seems like they find Taiwan really poor and backwards now. I keep reading stuff like how "omg Taiwan has no alipay!!!!" or "omg Taiwan is so primitive that everyone pays by cash!!!!!" etc.

And it's more like yes we have things in common but that doesn't mean anything.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:43 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Actually unifying Scandinavia is pretty difficult. Some Norwegians would like a Scandinavian union, but not if Denmark refuses. However, Denmark will refuse to join with Sweden, because politically they are quite different.

I guess Norway could unite with Denmark, and Sweden could unite with Finland.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:43 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
Quote:
All those French-speaking western African countries. Ridiculously small and fragmented. The current borders make absolutely no sense.

The Balkan countries

Belgium should desolve and merge with France and the Netherland

Bavaria with Austria

Syria, Jordan and Iraq

Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia

NZ and Australia

Columbia and Venezuela maybe with central America

Chile, Boliviam Paraguay, Uraguay and Argentina
I understand Iraq and Syria as they're in turmoil right now, but Jordan is a stable country with decent economy and modest quality of life. It also hasn't had any terrorist attack since the 2000s. I would leave that country out, personally.

I really agree with the French-speaking African countries btw.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:30 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Quote:
Average people in Connecticut are a lot richer than those in Alabama and Mississippi to. And Lombardy and Sicily.
But those area's have been part of the same country for more than 150 years so its not really comparable.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:43 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
I understand Iraq and Syria as they're in turmoil right now, but Jordan is a stable country with decent economy and modest quality of life. It also hasn't had any terrorist attack since the 2000s. I would leave that country out, personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Coming from someone who got put in his spot when I told him that there are Australians of both Serbian and Croatian ancestry, in multitudes.

A really weak comeback. Try again.

Amazed at how you're still not aware that this is a hypothetical thread.

I got a better one:

Russia should join Japan

"Zomg I'm offended that's ignorant". Get over it.
Live as you preach.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:51 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times
Quote:

The Balkan countries
Do you mean Iceland, Finland and Denmark? That would be interesting.

The Balkans: Yes, maybe we should resurrect Tito?

Old 04-23-2017, 12:30 AM

285 posts, read 301,495 times
Russia and it's neighbours just kidding

I'd say:
Uruguay, Argentina and Chile
Most Middle Eastern countries
Norway, Sweden and Denmark
Finland and Estonia
[Or] the Baltic countries
Netherland and Flanders (Belgium)
France and Wallonia (Belgium)
Most Central American countries
Most caribbean countries
The Guianas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World