Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 10:09 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Every country has its ups and downs...What embarrass you about your country?
Aside from the near miss we had with The Clintons, not a damn thing embarrasses me about America.

We will defend ourselves. If you promise to make a strike against America and kill Americans you are very likely to find a drone fired missile coming through your window some night. No other country is willing to go out on the limb that far for its ordinary citizens.

And lest some would-be super power feels like they can pull off another Pearl Harbor, be reminded that we have 11 super carriers, every one of which can take most countries off the map.

And even if you did manage to pull off an invasion, I am proud to inform you that Americans are armed to the teeth with every sort of gun imaginable. And we will kill invaders.

If you are unfortunate or stupid enough to become pregnant, abortion is legal in every state of the union - and federal law guarantees it will stay that way.

You can achieve the highest level of education in America, if you so choose. Our hospitals are the finest in the world, and American trained doctors are in demand in every country on earth.
Or you can remain stupid if you wish and cram your worthless mind full of pop culture & sports - your choice.

And most of all I am proud that America is the destination of choice for everyone who feels persecuted world wide. I wish we could accommodate them all, but the fact is, most other countries are not worth living in. And that's not our fault.
In fact, our country is so popular that it appears we will have to seal our borders.
(People who object to this plan should leave their doors open tonight and see how it feels.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 10:54 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Aside from the near miss we had with The Clintons, not a damn thing embarrasses me about America.

We will defend ourselves. If you promise to make a strike against America and kill Americans you are very likely to find a drone fired missile coming through your window some night. No other country is willing to go out on the limb that far for its ordinary citizens.

And lest some would-be super power feels like they can pull off another Pearl Harbor, be reminded that we have 11 super carriers, every one of which can take most countries off the map.

And even if you did manage to pull off an invasion, I am proud to inform you that Americans are armed to the teeth with every sort of gun imaginable. And we will kill invaders.

If you are unfortunate or stupid enough to become pregnant, abortion is legal in every state of the union - and federal law guarantees it will stay that way.

You can achieve the highest level of education in America, if you so choose. Our hospitals are the finest in the world, and American trained doctors are in demand in every country on earth.
Or you can remain stupid if you wish and cram your worthless mind full of pop culture & sports - your choice.

And most of all I am proud that America is the destination of choice for everyone who feels persecuted world wide. I wish we could accommodate them all, but the fact is, most other countries are not worth living in. And that's not our fault.
In fact, our country is so popular that it appears we will have to seal our borders.
(People who object to this plan should leave their doors open tonight and see how it feels.)
I swear to god. I have no idea, if that's a sarcastic post or not.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:04 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

*ahem*

Old 12-08-2016, 04:18 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Lack of housing.
Let me expand on that! Housing which is more fireproof, like the housing they build in Mexico, all-concrete, roof and all.

Our over-usage of wood products in this country is scandalous and scary!

But this is the U.S., haste makes waste! Why spend 6 months building a quality structure, when you can build the same structure with wood in a week or 2!!!

So that's the biggest embarrassment of my country!

Old 12-08-2016, 04:46 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,743 times
France- François Hollande as President - disgusting

Old 12-08-2016, 05:06 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
United States: a series of illegal wars and illegal immigration since the 1990s, illegality, illegality, illegality.

With all that illegality, what about territorial integrity?

Embarrassment.

As for the rest, no real complaint, least dirty shirt.

Italy: the conscious decision among the electorate and politicians to largely refuse to adapt to changing economic conditions in the global environment since the early 1990s: both the electorate and the politicians have consciously pursued a policy to protect in the 1990s-2000s those who became comfortable in the 1970s-1980s at the expense of the upcoming generations, now going on a third.

Embarrassment.

And such a decline is not easily reversed.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:10 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
United States: a series of illegal wars and illegal immigration since the 1990s, illegality, illegality, illegality.

With all that illegality, what about territorial integrity?

Embarrassment. And dangerous, but not irreversible, yet.

As for the rest, no real complaint, least dirty shirt.

Italy: the conscious decision among the electorate and politicians to largely refuse to adapt to changing economic conditions in the global environment since the early 1990s: both the electorate and the politicians have consciously pursued a policy to protect in the 1990s-2000s those who became comfortable in the 1970s-1980s at the expense of the upcoming generations, now going on a third.

And such a decline is not easily reversed.

More than embarrassment, unacceptable.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:27 AM

602 posts, read 495,519 times
Quote:

What about the monthly school shootings?

Old 12-08-2016, 05:33 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
The ignorance of it's citizens for voting Republican. Good luck when they take your medicare and pollute your water.....

Old 12-08-2016, 07:32 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I swear to god. I have no idea, if that's a sarcastic post or not.
It isn't these are common opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World