Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 02:54 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
What is the purpose of moving to a new place and then complaining about everything there?
Constant complaining is some people's comfort level it's a mindset it doesn't matter where some people move to they'll cling to that mindset it's familiar to them. The setting and scenery change but the mindset and habits remain the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 08:32 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
What is the purpose of moving to a new place and then complaining about everything there?
Where I have seen it the move was for sex partners but the same economic, and effected social forces which made them able to attract sex partners was the cause the complaints

Old 04-24-2017, 12:41 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 9 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
Technically, I have lived in Romania more than one month. In the main beach sea ocean city of Constanta. Satisfying experience to get that far. Although, I prefer earlier in the summer. Too much of a highly seasonal fiasco carnival. Very underrated, and all of the New Yorkers I know visiting absolutely loved their surroundings of Constanta Romanian Black Sea. I am able to name an endless amount of cafes, beach nightclub bar, and magnificent unique zones to embrace. Maybe comparable to Batumi Georgia at particular angles. Very relaxing, yet vibrant exciting. I have tons of family with residency status in the area. If anyone else is traveling to Constanta, Mamaia, Eforie Nord, Eforie Sud, Costinesti, Neptune, Vama Veche, let me know to offer constructive valuable advice of referrals to specific address tourism sites to always remember.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:37 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
Money...I'm working in the Middle East on a temporary basis because the pay is better. I don't have to like being here.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:20 AM

408 posts, read 997,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
For those who are living outside their country do you like it? Do generally prefer living abroad or do you miss your country? Would you want to return back home or is home where you live?
Yes, I like living abroad. I prefer my life now in Tokyo than I would in Chicago, despite the linguistic advantages I have back home. I miss my country sometimes, and I would return if I could find a financially stable, and socially and intellectually stimulating environment. For the time being, no, I would rather live in Tokyo.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:52 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
For those who are living outside their country do you like it? Do generally prefer living abroad or do you miss your country? Would you want to return back home or is home where you live?
Yes, I like living abroad.

It's like anywhere.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:06 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,716,237 times
It depends.

I'm moving to Spain, but I'm not sure if I will like it or not yet.

However, I'm pretty sure that I don't want to live in certain countries. Just like hotels, I want to stay in great hotels, not Quality Inn. It's hard to say whether I enjoy staying in hotels or not.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:21 PM

801 posts, read 1,514,010 times
Yes.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:20 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,531,911 times
Quote:
I really enjoy it. I make a comfortable living and I enjoy the challenges(ok, not all of them) that living abroad brings.

Right now I am glad I'm overseas. The U.S. is in a bubble that is perpetuated in large part by the media, but there are other culprits. Being able to filter the news and other garbage is good for one's mental health I believe. I miss family and a lot of other things about being home but I've adapted.

I'm not sure if I could return home to where I grew up on a long-term basis. I grew up in a rural area in the south and I have lived in world capitals and traveled to exotic paradises. I think I'd be bored out of my mind back there. I could live in several other places in the States I believe.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:42 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
After 3.5 years in China, i honestly forget that it's any different from being back in the US at times. I enjoy it. My life is good. I will never be embraced as Chinese no matter how long I'm here and what I do, but that's okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World