U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 01:57 PM

130 posts, read 85,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
My Mom brought me coffee from Brazil, and that was literally the best brewed coffee I've ever tasted. Finnish coffee is generally quite acidic and light or medium roast, so the sweet smoothenss was quite nice.
There is no finnish coffee.

Finland imports its coffee and actually Finland is said to have some of the best coffee in Europe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 02:40 PM

24,257 posts, read 20,937,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marble-ky View Post
There is no finnish coffee.

Finland imports its coffee and actually Finland is said to have some of the best coffee in Europe.
Sure there is. It's only the beans which are foreign. Mostly imported from Brazil and Colombia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulig

Old 02-25-2017, 10:12 AM

3,308 posts, read 3,107,944 times
Brazilian coffee is quite good, so are their little pastries.

For having such an amazing food culture, Mexico has horrible coffee. Lol Only southern Mexico produces good coffee, and they are trying to spread it to the rest of the country. They do have a prominent coffee shop culture though, I like going to Mexican coffee shops.

I like the coffee and cafe culture in Spain, Italy and Portugal.

I haven't been to Vietnam, but I am a big fan of Vietnamese coffee and actually go to Vietnamese stores here in the US for French bread. You can get affordable, better French bread at these places than at American chain supermarkets. Americans make horrible bread, I'm not sure why.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:46 PM

6,396 posts, read 11,793,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Brazilian coffee is quite good, so are their little pastries.

For having such an amazing food culture, Mexico has horrible coffee. Lol Only southern Mexico produces good coffee, and they are trying to spread it to the rest of the country. They do have a prominent coffee shop culture though, I like going to Mexican coffee shops.

I like the coffee and cafe culture in Spain, Italy and Portugal.

I haven't been to Vietnam, but I am a big fan of Vietnamese coffee and actually go to Vietnamese stores here in the US for French bread. You can get affordable, better French bread at these places than at American chain supermarkets. Americans make horrible bread, I'm not sure why.
You know the topic is deserving even more attention right now towards the various unique atmosphere space venues all of the World Class Independent Cafes are offering, their highly eclectic menus if available, and finally if they have wireless Internet to Laptop Computer customers. Of course I always embrace my own sweet coffee beverages. My favorite caffeine ones are Turkish Single Espresso, White Mocha or Regular Mocha with tons of Hazelnut syrup, Austria or Romania ice cream blended coffee espresso, and Vietnamese or Thai Coffee. Indonesian Sumatra is another trademark.

Entirely reveal to us the recent Independent Café you are visiting. Including pictures, and a story. Today I went to a West Village NYC Café having a Quintessential Mainland European vibe always playing classical music, offering Pastas Alcoholic Beverages, Tourists from all over this World, on a Legendary architectural landmark street area, and finally technically able to use my own computer over there more than one hour. Italian Penne Alla Genevese, and Montepulciano D’Abruzzo Red Wine

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...DuwQoB8IjQEwDg

From my own traveling experience, they are in more than 25 countries, 100 cities.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:18 AM

3,618 posts, read 1,850,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Do you mean independent cafés like Starbuck, Waynes, Espresso House, Roberts Coffee, Coffee House by George?
Stockholm is absolutely littered with chains and you really have to search for the gems.
Are any of those chains besides starbucks nice places? I hate starbucks because it takes one of the coolest things, coffeehouses and coffee house culture, and makes it bland, overpriced coffee and other crap, no open mike nights or anything with the local arts scene. Just corporate bland crap, a total rip off of Italy and a bland version of coffeehouse culture.

What I love about coffeehouses is the whole bohemian culture, coffee houses were a huge part of the enlightenment culture in France and England, fin de siecle culture in Europe, Bohemian culture in france and even in America with the beats and north beach in san Francisco and Greenwich village etc. I would love even a chain that had a true coffeehouse culture with a connection to the arts, I cant afford to fly to Vietnam and so many of these places on even a yearly basis

Zurich, Paris had amazing arts movements built around coffeehouses. Vienna and Italian coffeehouses are amazing, sometime beautiful architecture. Starbucks is just 4-5$ (4-5 euros) and sometimes burnt coffee and a bunch of laptop hobos siting there , very bland

Old 03-11-2017, 02:53 PM

6,396 posts, read 11,793,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Are any of those chains besides starbucks nice places? I hate starbucks because it takes one of the coolest things, coffeehouses and coffee house culture, and makes it bland, overpriced coffee and other crap, no open mike nights or anything with the local arts scene. Just corporate bland crap, a total rip off of Italy and a bland version of coffeehouse culture.

What I love about coffeehouses is the whole bohemian culture, coffee houses were a huge part of the enlightenment culture in France and England, fin de siecle culture in Europe, Bohemian culture in france and even in America with the beats and north beach in san Francisco and Greenwich village etc. I would love even a chain that had a true coffeehouse culture with a connection to the arts, I cant afford to fly to Vietnam and so many of these places on even a yearly basis

Zurich, Paris had amazing arts movements built around coffeehouses. Vienna and Italian coffeehouses are amazing, sometime beautiful architecture. Starbucks is just 4-5$ (4-5 euros) and sometimes burnt coffee and a bunch of laptop hobos siting there , very bland
Unanimous mutual feelings. People have to discover Community Destination Zones around various neighborhoods, and in the cities, towns they live in or visit. Independent Café areas serve all types of functions. Waking people up, Offering Somewhere Valuable To Hang Out, Socializing, Ambiance, Unique Atmosphere, Eclectic Menu Realistically Applicable, And A Top Icing On The Cake: When These Stores Offer Free Wireless Internet To Customers On Their Own Laptop Computers. Right now, I am fulfilling that action. Posting On CD World Forums from over there more than 1 hour.

They are a very Universal enterprise. For specific countries: Vietnam, South Korea, UAE, Qatar, Sweden, Romania, Germany, Czech Republic, Italy(Only Depending On Region), Spain, France, Austria, USA, Canada, Australia

Cities: Saigon, Seoul, Doha, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Hanoi, Stockholm, Prague, Copenhagen, Paris, Bucharest, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Vienna, New York City, Chicago, Buenos Aires, Melbourne

Why has those miserable, wretched, dysfunctional Starbucks ever reached any popularity? Pathetic. They all feel like jail cells to me. Independent is more vastly superior compared to that chain. Although, there are some decent alternatives: Espresso House of Stockholm Sweden, Caffe Bene Seoul South Korea, Cosi of Boston.

For where you live: How about this one: Home - Saquella https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...EPJLC8jQ/o.jpg http://sofloeats.com/wp-content/gall.../saquella5.jpg http://www.insidefortlauderdale.com/...lla_inside.jpg

When International Traveling, always ask on this forum or me(ThePastPresentAndFuture) for those optimal Café searching advice questions, and always finding abundant options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World