Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 05:53 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,808,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
When the US and Europe don't intervene in the Middle East, we are heartless and selfish because we aren't helping the poor people in these countries.

When the US and Europe do intervene in the Middle East, we are heartless dictators and it's all our fault.
You call bombing and creating a war in a country that never asked for help and that never attacked the US (Iraq) 'helping?'

That's a strange way of helping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 11:22 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,671,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
You call bombing and creating a war in a country that never asked for help and that never attacked the US (Iraq) 'helping?'

That's a strange way of helping.
When did I say that? I said intervene.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:53 AM

729 posts, read 431,102 times
All nations taking responsibility for their actions means middle esatern nations that fund terrorism should take responsibility for their actions as well. It's not 'whiny' to fault some of these nations for the roles they play in the mess as well. Again, most of these refugees are NOT SYRIAN. Some are from as far away as Ghana and Pakistan. Also, it's easy to say that a nation should responsibility and just absorb, absorb, absorb refugees to no end until you are the one to come in contact with some of the problems they bring. Most of the people calling others whiny for being apprehensive wouldn't want to provide welfare for these people on their own dime. Can they stay in your house? Can they eat your food? In Europe a lot of them don't even seek work. They enter the nation and expect to be pampered, showered in welfare freebies, and treated as "welcomed guests". Sometimes they demand it.

Bush should not have gone into Iraq. But Obama should not have overthrown Gaddafi in Libya. Heck, Benghazi wouldn't have even happened if Obama's administration hadn't unnecessarily overthrown Gaddafi; there have been a lot of Libyans trying to migrate to Italy. Obama should not have tried so hard to overthrow leaders in Syria, Egypt and especially Israel, meddling in their elections, funding their political opponents, etc. Americans taking responsibility means democrats taking responsibility too. It means the mainstream media should stop sugar-coating Obama's "legacy" and tell the truth about how the "syrian rebels" he's been giving sophisticated weaponry to are actually ISIS. The group trying to overthrow Assad is ISIS! Some people mistakenly think Obama's ended the war. NO. He had been foolishly continuing it, whether he knew it or not. The mass migration happened under Obama's watch for a reason.

I commend and applaud nations like Japan and Poland for putting their citizens' needs first and refusing to be bullied into accepting refugees. No nation has to take any refugee. If your nation is absorbing a lot of refugees, it's because your leadership WANTS it to happen; your leadership wants refugees, regardlesss of how it affects YOU. And with all due respect to the humanitarian aspect, that is not their only reason. There is always a politcal motive. Quite frankly, democrats want a new voter block to brainwash into feeling "opressed by the white man;" "We want more welfare but can't get it because that mean old american who worked and earned every penny he or she has is tired of paying for our free ride." RINO republicans want cheap labor for their donors. The saddest thing is that the politicians who continue this mess are not the ones who have to live with it. Average people are. And average people have every right to resist, to the best of their ability, this burden that is increasingly being placed upon them. I'm sorry the Iraqi people couldn't stop anything. But Americans can and will, whether you like it or not. Brits and Swedes are trying too. I hope more try too.

Another thing about nations taking responsibility, to act as though the USA is the only nation in history with blood on its hands is rather irresponsible. A lot of the nations I mentioned earlier, the rich arabian nations with horrible human rights records (yet they sit up in the UN and preach to the world what everybody else should do and how bad the US is) played a role in the arab slave trade. Some still have slaves. That's just another example of hypocrisy from those nations.

Last edited by Manimuni; 02-06-2017 at 02:17 AM..

Old 02-06-2017, 05:06 AM

7,902 posts, read 10,336,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
I am not even white but I am tired of Europe and the US always getting heat for not accepting refugees or immigrants while countries like Japan usually don't get called out for not accepting them either. I mean I know that the US and Europe played a role in what is going on in the Middle East and these countries colonized other parts of the world but Japan was also a colonizing power throughout Eastern Asia. If they are not accepting refugees, can't Japan at least take in immigrants from these former colonies just like England, France, and Holland take in immigrants from their former colonies?

Also the prime minister of Japan said that the falling birth rate is a problem in Japan that needs to be addressed before accepting refugees but won't accepting them help with that in the first place?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...an-refugees-in
japan has every right and is correct in the stance they are taking IMO

the usa caused the syrian refugee crisis and should be taking all the refugees , compared to europe , america are taking in damn all

Old 02-06-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chottandrah View Post
Japan didn't get involve in the middle east causing the tremendous chaos that they are going through right now! Europe and the US did however.
the uk were the only european country involved in the 2003 invasion of iraq which is what set of the chain of events which led to the syrian ( and libyan ) conflict

Old 02-06-2017, 05:09 AM

7,502 posts, read 6,323,353 times
Who wants to live in a country regularly destroyed by earthquakes, tsunamis and Godzilla ?

Who wants to learn japanese when they already know English ?

I mean, seriously ?

Old 02-06-2017, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Who wants to live in a country regularly destroyed by earthquakes, tsunamis and Godzilla ?

Who wants to learn japanese when they already know English ?

I mean, seriously ?
the japanese are probably the most inventive and dynamic nation on earth , they will find a way to deal with their dwindling population and islamic immigration isnt how they will manage it

BTW , ive nothing against muslims on an individual level , the west has meddled constantly in their lands , we should leave them alone but bar the uk and the usa , we should not be inviting in a culture which is so different

Old 02-06-2017, 07:56 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,343,031 times
Why the hell should Japan do that? They have nothing to do with all the mess in other parts of the world. Neither do we in Europe have. Japanese just do not have this "ohh we have to save the world" syndrome.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:57 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,847,000 times
Due to Japans religious makeup, it doesn't want any Muslims or for that fact Jews either in their country. One would be hard pressed to find a Mosque in Japan.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:06 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,560,199 times
The U.S is a diverse country founded by immigrants from all over the world... along with Canada and Australia.

These three nations should take a good chunk in and let Europe and Japan do whatever they want, even if that means taking the Trump route (which is already facing legal issues in the U.S)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World