Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 10:48 AM

2,611 posts, read 2,867,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
College Station, TX is awesome.

Geographically, it's close to DFW, Austin-San Antonio and Houston. It's basically in the center of the triangle.

Natural disasters like earthquake and tornado do not exist at all.

Safe neighborhoods, vibrant community, great food, ample parking, clean air, the list goes on and on.
Is it a joke?

It is one of the ugliest town in the middle of nowhere Texas. The terrain is flat and ugly. The weather is horrible with heat, storm, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 06:35 PM

11,556 posts, read 9,296,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVanderbilt View Post
- The nice areas have literally turned into Saudi Arabia
- You won't be greeted with "Sir" here.
Somehow I doubt that many Saudis are making London their home. And greeting people with "sir" is what makes an area posh, really? 🤔🤔🤔

Old 03-10-2017, 06:55 PM

11,556 posts, read 9,296,116 times
Rome, Nice, Toulouse, Porto, Lisbon, Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Athens, Palermo or Napoli. Big cities with amazing cuisines and relatively safe by world standards. Mild mediterranean climate that is comfortable for most of the year. Lots of history. Very walkable and urban. Great architecture. I dont know what more you could want

Other contenders that just missed out

Buenos Aires/Montevideo: A bit too expensive and the crime is higher than you would like

Los Angeles: Not walkable and too many ghettos

San Diego: Not walkable

Miami: Too many ghettos, unbearably humid

Sydney/Perth/Adelaide/Brisbane/Melbourne: Too suburban, no history, too disconnected with the rest of the world. Australian cuisine is questionable

Singapore/Hong Kong: Atrocious climate, too expensive, too competitive

Paris/Milan/NYC/Torino/Montreal/Toronto/London: The climate

Old 03-11-2017, 09:08 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,779,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
There are no sharia-ruled neighbourhoods in London! Or anywhere else in the UK for that matter! This isn't the first time I've heard this, lord knows why.
All the fake news circling around that has become so popular.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:19 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,779,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Rome, Nice, Toulouse, Porto, Lisbon, Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Athens, Palermo or Napoli. Big cities with amazing cuisines and relatively safe by world standards. Mild mediterranean climate that is comfortable for most of the year. Lots of history. Very walkable and urban. Great architecture. I dont know what more you could want

Other contenders that just missed out

Buenos Aires/Montevideo: A bit too expensive and the crime is higher than you would like

Los Angeles: Not walkable and too many ghettos

San Diego: Not walkable

Miami: Too many ghettos, unbearably humid

Sydney/Perth/Adelaide/Brisbane/Melbourne: Too suburban, no history, too disconnected with the rest of the world. Australian cuisine is questionable

Singapore/Hong Kong: Atrocious climate, too expensive, too competitive

Paris/Milan/NYC/Torino/Montreal/Toronto/London: The climate
I have to vouch for my city, San Diego. Weather is amazing and the city is very safe. Central San Diego is walkable. It's multi-cultural, you can find any type of cuisine here. The beach is 20 minutes away, the mountains are 20 minutes away, the dessert is like 30 minutes to an hour away.

The only downfall, it's expensive to live here.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:33 AM

367 posts, read 408,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
London? Most people can't even afford to own property there and it's way too congested.

Barcelona for me.
London ticks all the right boxes for "perfect city", save for weather and affordability. The latter simply represents supply and demand.

Cosmopolitan.
Rule of law.
First class legal and accountancy heritage.
Business environment.
Cultural powerhouse.
Retailer representation.
First class infrastructure and transit.
Dynamic and vibrant.
Beautiful to look at in the warmer seasons.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:57 AM

5,214 posts, read 3,994,440 times
Osaka, Japan; Eeilat, Herzliya, Israel.

Honourable mention: without some groups of people - Dubai.
And if you can find solution for random toothpain or shopping - Vlas, Bulgaria wintertime.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:16 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,912,923 times
San Jose: great weather, population, diversity, Silicon Valley, downtown, transportation, lots of attractions, good neighborhoods, sport facilities, beautiful and modern airport and good quality of life.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:44 AM

1,892 posts, read 1,675,195 times
I live in Paris so outside of Paris and If I was rich, definitely Roma or Barcelona: rich, clean (not Swiss like but still clean), safe, amazing food, amazing history, amazing weather, everything to be an exceptional place to live in.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:04 PM
BMI

7,455 posts, read 7,243,525 times
Vancouver, BC

I was just watching a documentary last night shot in Vancouver, it reinfoced for me
just however beautiful the setting is.
Everywhere an awesome view.

Also very multicultural too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World