U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which country do you think is the most technologically advanced?
Japan 141 46.38%
China 6 1.97%
South Korea 12 3.95%
Singapore 5 1.64%
Finland 5 1.64%
Germany 6 1.97%
France 4 1.32%
United Kingdom 8 2.63%
United States 99 32.57%
Australia 1 0.33%
Italy 0 0%
Switzerland 2 0.66%
Russia 3 0.99%
Other (specify) 12 3.95%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 07:45 PM

277 posts, read 583,562 times

Advertisements

Big deal, I can control my whole house with a cell phone.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-18-2009, 07:48 PM

871 posts, read 1,506,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneb View Post
In 1990 the U.S. Patent Office formally recognized Hyatt as the rightful inventor of the microprocessor.

James Russell invented the compact disc in the 60s and patented it in 1970.
Inventor of the Week: Archive

I am done arguing with you, I have wasted enough of my time.
Oh, it's like bill gates and windows. he bought the initial technology from someone else.

well, it was sony who understood the importance and implications before others while his invention was overlooked and rejected. so however you want to look at it.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:50 PM

895 posts, read 2,214,092 times
Wrong again, he did not invent the CD

Quote:
Early optical recording technology, which forms the physical basis of videodisc, CD and DVD technology
That is not a CD, he invented the bases of it. The first CD, DVD, are from sony.

And again micro processor
Quote:
Masatoshi Shima (嶋正利 Shima Masatoshi, born on August 22, 1943 in Shizuoka, Japan) was one of the designers of the world's first microprocessor, the Intel 4004, along with Ted Hoff.

Following Marcian "Ted" Hoff's initial conception, Shima designed the 4004 processor at the Intel offices with Hoff and Federico Faggin. His company then sold the rights to use the 4004 to Intel, with the exception of use in business calculators
The first micro processor was the 4004, which was made by Masatoshi Shima and Hoff.

And good that youre done, don't ask a question and then just dismiss the answers.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 PM

871 posts, read 1,506,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneb View Post
Big deal, I can control my whole house with a cell phone.
Do you realize how rude you are? I'm sharing interesting info and you have to make it an ugly issue. what's wrong with you? Moderator cut: personal insults are not permitted

what makes you think i'm trying to say other countries don't have technology or are not technologically advanced? i know america is more technologically advanced in other areas. i would expect it considering it's a different country with more resources and people. but smaller countries have interesting things to share as well. i'm just sharing what other places do have or came up with.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 11-18-2009 at 09:58 PM..

Old 11-18-2009, 07:55 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,685,525 times
Many administrative offices in Japan still use hand written records..

That being said, so much innovation comes out of the country. South Korea is on par with Japan in my opinion. They are ahead of even Japan in internet speed and cell phone innovation. Ship building, green office buildings, high speed rail are all thriving in South Korea.

The U.S. is in my opinion, third, behind the two countries. We've done a good job of implementing up to date technology in all office buildings.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
Do you realize how rude you are? I'm sharing interesting info and you have to make it an ugly issue. what's wrong with you?

what makes you think i'm trying to say other countries don't have technology or are not technologically advanced? i know america is more technologically advanced in other areas. i would expect it considering it's a different country with more resources and people. but smaller countries have interesting things to share as well. i'm just sharing what other places do have or came up with. .
The US military is the most important when it comes to technology right now. By raw numbers the US is number one. But that is only raw numbers, it does not take into account per capita numbers and daily integration of technology. In the latter the US is falling behind some european countries and Japan/SK. No other country on this planet can compare to the US military science, and no one has claimed to do so, it is the worlds super power. But actually china is the first country to have finally invented a ballistic missle to counter the US navy,

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 11-18-2009 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: copyrighted material removed

Old 11-18-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
Many administrative offices in Japan still use hand written records..

That being said, so much innovation comes out of the country. South Korea is on par with Japan in my opinion. They are ahead of even Japan in internet speed and cell phone innovation. Ship building, green office buildings, high speed rail are all thriving in South Korea.

The U.S. is in my opinion, third, behind the two countries. We've done a good job of implementing up to date technology in all office buildings.
That is wrong, South Korea has the highest internet "penetration rate" but Japan has the highest average internet speed in the world, and also the cheapest per MB. Also china this year just passed south korea in ship building.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 11-18-2009 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: copyrighted material removed

Old 11-18-2009, 10:08 PM

4,284 posts, read 14,874,700 times
This thread has become a war of words amongst a very small number on contributors.

Taking into account the increasing degree of animosity and the decreasing amount of productive discussion, it's time to move on to fresher topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.