Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 10:57 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,695,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTE1969 View Post
No, you can't trust the media nowadays. Even Trump says that too, as the media ******* out Trump to get him impeached... But why didn't they [...]

Pokito -- you're living in Paris? How is it really going on in there?
Question is, will you accept my version ?
Outside of blackblocks (anarchists that you can see on your video with a black flag) that systematically ruin every demonstration in Republic or Bastille, classical terrorist threat -but it's entire Europe -, and symptoms of heavy poverty like in the north of Paris (la Chapelle, la Goutte d'Or are very very very poor), Paris is still amazing even if it's not my type of city at all (problem is its incredible density, I don't like that much).
The only problem I had in 5 years is a Russian or Ukrainian whale that yelled at me because I said I don't like to be considered as a stupid guy (she was doing the ring trick).
Paris has all the symptoms and characteristics of a huge city, ultra wealth mixed with ultra poverty, density of people, dirty areas (like the poor north) as well as places where you wash your shoes before entering (go to Avenue Foch for example).

I have antagonistic feelings about this city. When I m here I want to leave, when I left I miss it a lot. But I understand people that hate it, it's not a quiet and peaceful place in general , it's busy and fast and polluted.

I consider Paris in a good cycle anyway, gentrification is clearly visible and heavy project to renovate horrible places like Les Halles or Gare du Nord will help to improve the image. Towers are still in construction in La Defense and the region is investing heavily (30 billion $) for 200km of metro and renovating the current one, that will totally change the city in 2025, specially the RER that will be liveable again.
North of Paris is changing fastly, with its cheap workforce and low prices of construction.

Idk if Paris is a dream or a nightmare, probably both at the same time, but trust me, the city is not dying at all, it's more the opposite.

An indicator is that parisians and suburbs voted 12% for Le pen while rest of France is 31%.
Trust me parisians are fine and the depression of France is not there at all.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-28-2017 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: Language