Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 04:35 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times

Advertisements

oh look...U.S. just left the fight vs global warming..."leaders of free world" lol. Anyway, don't want to hijack the thread but since someone asked....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 08:20 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
oh look...U.S. just left the fight vs global warming..."leaders of free world" lol. Anyway, don't want to hijack the thread but since someone asked....
He's such a raging disaster to the human species.

The fact that there are still Americans defending him is a glittering testament to their epic retardedness. So ****ing pathetic.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:28 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
He's such a raging disaster to the human species.

The fact that there are still Americans defending him is a glittering testament to their epic retardedness. So ****ing pathetic.
Like I said, in the U.S. we use our stock market as a kind of bellwether for how our country is doing in terms of its well-being and security. As long as that is looking up, it gives legitimacy to our President's current decisions even if they seem counter-intuitive. Other than that, we feel it's not all that relevant what other countries think, unless we go to war or something.

It's sort of the last word.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:22 PM

210 posts, read 200,255 times
I was expecting heavy Hispanic presence in Southern California and reality proved me right. Paris proved to be far more diverse than I had ever thought. Lisbon is much nicer and wealthier than I imagined, it is literally mind blowing.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:30 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
I was pleasantly surprised by Baltimore, I actually enjoyed my time in that city.
Baltimore is a little gem that gets overlooked because it has some bad neighborhoods. From the Inner Harbor to the Walters Museum to Little Italy to the food, it is a fun place to visit.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:48 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Thank God we won't be sending our tax dollars for much longer to lowlife tinpot dictators so that they can buy another Mercedes Benz. The whole accord is a sham that simply shifts the release of greenhouse gases from developed countries to developing countries. It's more about a transfer of wealth than about addressing climate change.

About 10 or 12 years ago, the US passed the "Patriot Act". It had a feel good title that meant it had to pass. It was the among the most unpatriotic acts ever passed and opened the door to domestic spying by the government. Now under the guise of global warming, money and pollution will shifted around but little will be done about global warming. Scam.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:50 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Baltimore is a little gem that gets overlooked because it has some bad neighborhoods. From the Inner Harbor to the Walters Museum to Little Italy to the food, it is a fun place to visit.
Yes, Baltimore is fun and so are all the major east coast cities in America. Jam-packed.

I would recommend them for anyone to visit.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:35 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Let's try to look a bit deeper: US is the only country besides Syria and Nicargua to leave the deal.
If it was just US then sure you may say "it's because we're the greatest", but you're grouped with a country experiencing massive war + failed mafia state. China, Russia, Germany, Australia - everyone decided to risk their fading businesses like gas and oil in exchange for better futue of humanity + solar power/green business.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:43 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Aren't you rooting for the anti-immigrant/anti-Muslim parties all the time? As a gay Middle-Eastern immigrant you're the next who they throw into the gas chambers.

Not everyone is smart and might vote against their own good even if for protest.
You raised a fair point actually. I am against Britain First/EDL/One Nation and other far-right parties. As you said, they also target people like me. They're homophobic, racist and very religious. They have a white nationalist streak to them. Yes, I may "agree" with some of their points about Islam, but that's all indirect. I have nothing on them. You see, my people were badly discriminated (and slaughtered) under Islam, way before these parties exist. I come from a historic case.

Fear not, there are a lot of anti-Islamic spokespeople who are liberals like you and I (Sam Harris, Bill Maher, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Geer Wilders - although he's a more controversial case). The more atheistic ones do make a distinction between the race and religion. They're just against the religion itself and those who hold it dearly. They don't really make a big deal of you race, like those far-right parties. I don't agree with right wingers, but at the same time I am against the left as well. I find both sides howling at me.

P.S. Anti-immigrant parties seem to prefer Europeans as they're more race-oriented. I, on the other hand, am for a multicultural society and couldn't care less about your race. Just because I'm more vigilant about Islam and Muslims, that doesn't make a racist, far-right winger. I should not be confused with white nationalists when I have a problem with Islam.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:39 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,156 times
Was rather disappointed by LA metro area after being told by many people, e.g. expats and European immigrants, how nice it is. Found it rather boring, extremely overpopulated/crowded, congested, expensive, nothing that unique or interesting except maybe job opportunities and luxury housing.

Same for Portland,OR... first thing that came to my eyes were homeless and junkies everywhere in the streets while I thought it is a rather European and walkable city, those made it rather un-walkable.

I had also many prejudices against Mexico before visiting there for the first time. Heared all the stories about drug wars, crime, shootings, etc. which may be true for parts of the country. Found it actually very safe and nice to visit, expecially in Yucatan and Chiapas, with many friendly people and great architecture (Maya legacy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World