Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 11:13 AM

345 posts, read 269,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomon View Post
Pokitbounto.-

I think you are right the climate of Florida is of an excessive humidity for my taste,.-

A part of California is more like to the Zone of the Spain Mediterranea.-

Spain has no relationship whatsoever with those two states.
Not that Florida and California have a Spanish origin, but Americans mess everything with their system.
Wasting space, suburbanization, destruction of cities, cars, distances, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 11:46 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,930,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papuolo View Post
Try France and Italy, 2 or 3 times more expensive.
Greece is cheap. And there's emerging destinations such as Croatia and Bulgaria that are even cheaper.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:16 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,997,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
A large percentage of that number are fueled by things that are met by domestic US destinations. Scandinavians, Germans, Brits and French, many just want to go to the costas to get some sun. In the US Florida, California and the nearby Caribbean fulfil this remit.
Precisely, Pueblofuerte. For enjoying the sun-rather than cultural attractions-other destinations have been competitive.

If the goal is to attract more American tourists to Spain, I would emphasize Spain's cultural attractions.

Last edited by Tim Randal Walker; 06-05-2017 at 12:33 PM..

Old 06-05-2017, 01:06 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,623,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papuolo View Post
Try France and Italy, 2 or 3 times more expensive.
Italy 2-3 times more expensive than Spain? hahaha! that's a good one! central-northern Spain is as expensive as it would be Netherlands or Denmark, but it's not a place for sunny beaches.

not even the south of France is twice expensive, but Italy? the southern half of Italy is cheaper than even the southernmost coast of Spain lol... specially Sicily

life/wages in the south of Italy are comparable to the ones of western Romania/eastern Poland, they're lower than elsewhere in Spain. Look at this:

Italy (talking about the sun and beach places, not the north under the Alps) is 2-3 times more expensive only compared to Bulgaria, Romania or the south of Greece... (in Europe)

Old 06-05-2017, 01:28 PM

30,471 posts, read 19,224,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
That's true for most of southern Europe.
Yes but after vacationing in Italy and Spain, Spain was much cheaper and better in my opinion which could partially be attributed to marginal Spanish language skill.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:07 PM

57 posts, read 43,812 times
i'm not that sure about who is cheaper... from my experience Italy is the cheapest and France the most expensive, but Italy is not that well prepared for tourism. World tourism rankings - 2015

Spain had 68.2 million tourists in 2015 and they earned $56.5 billion from tourism
France had 84.5 million tourists in 2015 and they earned $45.9 billion from tourism
Italy had 50.7 million tourists in 2015 and they earned $39.4 billion from tourism

the average tourist receipt in Spain is 828$
the average tourist receipt in France is 544$
the average tourist receipt in Italy is 776$, that map from above seems true to me, in Palermo there are some markets with vegetables and fruits almost as cheap as in Mexico. Sicilian wages are very low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World