Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 03:47 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,049,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Irene is that you!!?
Good catch.

/Endthread

Old 06-21-2017, 03:53 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
It is definitely not the best country to live in imo. I think the country across the channel is a much nicer place to live
If you can find a job.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:57 PM

574 posts, read 382,241 times
Every Country has its badparts, its gripes, and security cameras everywhere.

SSeligman

Old 06-22-2017, 12:12 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Yeah, it's so crowded that none of us can move without bumping into each other, and the sun hasn't been spotted for decades. Look at me walking the dog through this congested, cloudy hellhole at 9:30pm last weekend:
Nice pics and nice dog, Razza. What a lot of people who have never been to Britain don't realize is how misleading the density statistics are.

There is a lot, and I mean a lot of open country, exquisitely beautiful bucolic countryside, between the cities, and even the small rural villages are rather dense and town-like on a very small footprint, so every landscape is not dotted with evenly spaced houses on 5 acres each.

It is not called a "green and pleasant land" for nothing.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:23 AM

520 posts, read 600,728 times
I'll be moving there so I guess I don't find it highly disturbing.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:35 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Nice pics and nice dog, Razza. What a lot of people who have never been to Britain don't realize is how misleading the density statistics are.

There is a lot, and I mean a lot of open country, exquisitely beautiful bucolic countryside, between the cities, and even the small rural villages are rather dense and town-like on a very small footprint, so every landscape is not dotted with evenly spaced houses on 5 acres each.

It is not called a "green and pleasant land" for nothing.
The population is also concentrated heavily to the south-east. Even there you can find endless rolling fields. Then in northern-England, Wales and Scotland, there's large areas of countryside with very low population densities. Some of these areas are among the most sparsely populated places in Europe.

Overall I think people are just unable to comprehend how large the world is. Even if somewhere looks small on a map, as the UK does, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is small. High-speed modern transport has distorted our perception of reality in this regard.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:47 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,617,674 times
I would probably receive some British hatred but I won't, I would never live in the UK. My 1st reason is the climate. My 2nd reason is: I don't like the British lifestyle. My 3rd reason is the left handed driving.

I definetly would prefer to stay in Argentina or Chile rather than living in the UK. Or in Portugal. As Warszawa says, much better to live in France, and France and the UK have a very similar economy but the south of France has a much better climate and lifestyle. I also don't like some things which are illegal in the UK, I won't feel myself in a full democracy/freedom. I mean, sometimes (3-4 times a year) I like to light up a joint and in the UK that's a criminal offence. There are CCTV cameras everywhere, i'ts like wow are we living in George Orwell's 1984 novel? Can't I move without being recorded?? No thanks...

I also don't find much interest in England specially, for me seems pretty monotonous excepting for cute little towns and London and Manchester. Btw, London is one of the most beautiful cities worldwide.

I've also heard that the meat in the UK tastes worse than from most of the other European countries, heard it by Spaniards, Italians, Frenchmans and Dutch people who visitted the UK (specifically London)

I could find some of this on the internet too: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...uch_different/ maybe because the people are acclimated to another meats?

Old 06-22-2017, 01:33 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
I would probably receive some British hatred but I won't, I would never live in the UK. My 1st reason is the climate. My 2nd reason is: I don't like the British lifestyle. My 3rd reason is the left handed driving.

I definetly would prefer to stay in Argentina or Chile rather than living in the UK. Or in Portugal. As Warszawa says, much better to live in France, and France and the UK have a very similar economy but the south of France has a much better climate and lifestyle. I also don't like some things which are illegal in the UK, I won't feel myself in a full democracy/freedom. I mean, sometimes (3-4 times a year) I like to light up a joint and in the UK that's a criminal offence. There are CCTV cameras everywhere, i'ts like wow are we living in George Orwell's 1984 novel? Can't I move without being recorded?? No thanks...

I also don't find much interest in England specially, for me seems pretty monotonous excepting for cute little towns and London and Manchester. Btw, London is one of the most beautiful cities worldwide.

I've also heard that the meat in the UK tastes worse than from most of the other European countries, heard it by Spaniards, Italians, Frenchmans and Dutch people who visitted the UK (specifically London)

I could find some of this on the internet too: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...uch_different/ maybe because the people are acclimated to another meats?
Irene is that you!!!?

Old 06-22-2017, 01:43 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,617,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Irene is that you!!!?
yes

but now I returned to this forum as a Dutch male

Old 06-22-2017, 01:47 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
yes

but now I returned to this forum as a Dutch male
You remind me so much of Irene, actually you are also a lot like AmoroW are you perhaps related?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World