Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 03:30 PM

699 posts, read 369,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
There is no such thing as free healthcare. Somebody always has to pay.
Well of course its not free if you earn enough money you have to pay taxes that go to the government who fund the healthcare system from some of that tax money.

But if you don't earn enough money, or is unemployed, disabled or young/old you don't get charged any healthcare costs.

Free at the point of delivery

Quote:
The NHS was created out of the ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth. When it was launched by the then minister of health, Aneurin Bevan, on July 5 1948, it was based on three core principles: that it meet the needs of everyone. that it be free at the point of delivery.
That's one wonderful aspect of the UK is its free healthcare system though its said to be going downhill I still wouldn't complain about the nhs. Its a safety net, I know if I get hurt or ignored there's people in a hospital that will help me get better 24 hours a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 02:35 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,279,865 times
New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage | Harvard Gazette

Quote:
Nearly 45,000 annual deaths are associated with lack of health insurance, according to a new study published online today by the American Journal of Public Health.
Deaths associated with lack of health insurance now exceed those caused by many common killers such as kidney disease.
'Nuff said.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:52 AM

61,742 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's unbelievable that someone would use this case to try to make an argument against universal health care. That makes no sense. And the OP already stated that no explanation of his thought process is necessary ("nuff said"), so I guess we're done here? Thread over?

While the rest of the developed world has largely accepted the government’s role in ensuring affordable health care, the US remains stuck in an endless debate full of misinformation perpetuated by rich interest groups.
OP doesn't understand what he is talking about.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:32 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 5 days ago)

27,189 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
I still believe it still shouldn't be up to the courts to decide. A parent should have the right to decide whether or not they want to give their child an experimental procedure.
Human Rights Laws apply equally under private health care systems or universal healthcare systems, and the European Court of Human Rights even had Doctors and exerts from European countries look at the case and they came to exectly the same conclusion as the British Doctors and Medical Experts.

In terms of the parents they do generally have the right to seek treatment overseas in most cases where the child is not suffering and in pain and where it's in the childs best interests to do so. However this was not the case in relation to this child who is severally brain damaged already, needs to be on a ventilator to breathe and has to be drip fed, and is terminally ill and in pain and the treatment offered was not designed to be curative, so the child is going to die with or without the experimental treatment.

Who is Charlie Gard, what is the mitochondrial disease he suffers from and why was there a legal battle?

It's not appriopriate to subject dying children who are in pain to medical experimentation especially when it is not curative and will not prevent the childs death or lead to a better quality of life, as the child will be in even more pain and subjected to more suffering, whilst the severe brain damage and reliance on a ventilator to breathe as well as being drip fed will never change until the terminally ill child dies.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-01-2017 at 05:47 AM..

Old 07-01-2017, 06:30 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,277,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
Well of course its not free if you earn enough money you have to pay taxes that go to the government who fund the healthcare system from some of that tax money.

But if you don't earn enough money, or is unemployed, disabled or young/old you don't get charged any healthcare costs.

Free at the point of delivery

That's one wonderful aspect of the UK is its free healthcare system though its said to be going downhill I still wouldn't complain about the nhs. Its a safety net, I know if I get hurt or ignored there's people in a hospital that will help me get better 24 hours a day.
Yes, I like that when I go to a walk in clinic, or a hospital, I just show my Health Card,
no money changing hands, no invoice. Of course it's not "free" and I pay for it with my taxes,
but it s much better than the alternative.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:33 AM

345 posts, read 269,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
What a cheap point to discredit universal healthcare. What I don't understand is why anyone can be against the concept of free healthcare for the population?
Rackets.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:12 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
There is no such thing as free healthcare. Somebody always has to pay.
Of course. The question is though, which is a better deal? Not only for cost across the country as a whole, but for the individual?

Old 07-03-2017, 10:02 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
While the rest of the developed world has largely accepted the government’s role in ensuring affordable health care, the US remains stuck in an endless debate full of misinformation perpetuated by rich interest groups. OP doesn't understand what he is talking about.
Spot on, and the corresponding dumbing down via funneling away funding from public education along with the devastating damage of a generation or two taking in Fox News' propaganda is paying dividends to the oligarchy that's really behind the "government" in this country.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:28 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
The pope has gotten involved now, the world is now seeing the EU death panels.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:39 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The pope has gotten involved now, the world is now seeing the EU death panels.
What death panels? What's the Pope doing? Link, please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World