Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 11:38 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
If you are young enough, you will see the day France is totally transformed by the shift in demographics...
I won't be alive to see France transformed into a muslim country, which you apparently implied, but I will certainly be able to see Japan losing 1/3 of its population and slip into oblivion and irrelevance. Japan is so successful that even Toshiba had to sell its home appliance business recently, I mean, after Sharp, Hitachi, Sanyo. Now among the once glorious big Six, only Sony and Panasonic are barely holding up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
Japan has the most advanced human civilization.
Japan is the most technological advanced country. In other areas, no.

Again, it is ridiculous to compare France and Japan in terms of "greatness" - I guess it means contribution to human civilization. Japan's contribution is primarily in modern technology (and after WWII), and that's a very short period and hardly is as important as cultural offerings.

Great Japanese philosophers? thinkers? artists? writers? Yes there are but can't compare with what France produced. Not even close.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMarvin View Post
Most advanced human civilization and xenophobia don't really go together.
Japan is very good at learning from foreign countries. Actually it is an expert in that. So they are hardly that xenophobic. You can't label a country as xenophobia just because they don't like to accept millions of immigrates. Since when it becomes a responsibility for countries to accept immigrates? It is typical ango-saxon neoliberal propoganda as if you can't be great without being racially diverse. It is just stupid. I think it is super smart for East Asian countries not to accept immigrants, and their people have no interest in that either. Didn't prevent any of them from being successful.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:52 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I would see Bulgaria as a successful nation with the aid of the EU.
I would see it as success if the 70 million euros that bulgaria pays for the EU presidency hosting get invested in ammonium nitrate + fuel mixture instead, to be used during the meetings of eu leaders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presid...European_Union

Old 11-21-2017, 01:17 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,683,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I would see it as success if the 70 million euros that bulgaria pays for the EU presidency hosting get invested in ammonium nitrate + fuel mixture instead, to be used during the meetings of eu leaders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presid...European_Union
https://europa.eu/european-union/abo...es/bulgaria_en

"lol"

Eu gives enough to bulgaria, don't you think ?

Old 11-21-2017, 04:16 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Japan is the most technological advanced country. In other areas, no.

Again, it is ridiculous to compare France and Japan in terms of "greatness" - I guess it means contribution to human civilization. Japan's contribution is primarily in modern technology (and after WWII), and that's a very short period and hardly is as important as cultural offerings.

Great Japanese philosophers? thinkers? artists? writers? Yes there are but can't compare with what France produced. Not even close.
I’m somewhat on the fence regarding which country contributes more, but is it really fair to ascertain that culture is more important than tech in today’s society. Don’t get me wrong, I love culture in its myriad forms from art, literature, philosophy, theatre, cinematography... but how exactly is it more relevant than tech? In today’s world Sony, Panasonic contribute more than Victor Hugo, Moliere...

Japan is no slouch in the cultural department either with things like Kabuki theatres, paintings that date back well over 1000 years...

Old 11-22-2017, 01:44 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
https://europa.eu/european-union/abo...es/bulgaria_en

"lol"

Eu gives enough to bulgaria, don't you think ?
Only if "giving" is considered what the Soviet Union and the Ottoman empire gave.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:53 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think the greatest wealthy and populated nations are:

The U.S.
The U.K.
France
Germany
Japan

Order doesn't matter much.

The US being on that list is laughable. The US is not exceptional and certainly never will be. Only in the minds of dumbed down Americans that have never step foot outside their bubble.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:06 PM

15 posts, read 19,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think the greatest wealthy and populated nations are:

The U.S.
The U.K.
France
Germany
Japan

Order doesn't matter much.
What US and Germany? Even though Germany is very developed, next too countries like Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Denmark and Switzerland is not that great. Japan is in the same league, France is not.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:10 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,448,196 times
Which is the greatest country in the world?

USA.

Case closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World