Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 11:37 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times

Advertisements

It is my dream to backpack across Asia one day. I swear, each one of the Asian countries in that part of the world is cultural gem, so much history and cuisine and customs there. I know Thailand is popular and is on the point of being overrated, but I think that there are many parts that no one has explored yet. I'm also excited about East Asia and the amazing public transport and technology they have there. I've heard nothing but good reviews about South Korea

Old 07-15-2017, 11:52 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
It is my dream to backpack across Asia one day. I swear, each one of the Asian countries in that part of the world is cultural gem, so much history and cuisine and customs there. I know Thailand is popular and is on the point of being overrated, but I think that there are many parts that no one has explored yet. I'm also excited about East Asia and the amazing public transport and technology they have there. I've heard nothing but good reviews about South Korea
Friends go to different parts of Asia a lot. South Korea, a place that wasn't on my list to visit, now is. They took some amazing photos and the food!!!!!

Old 07-15-2017, 12:04 PM

57 posts, read 43,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
The Algarve does not represent the whole of Portugal in any way. Besides it is not all concrete and high rose towers unlike the Spanish or French coast. Not to mention how much safer it is. Spainish and French coasts are full of criminals and drunken tourists that disturbs everybody around them as well as rude service from locals. And the Algarve has amazing beaches unlike Southern Spain and France.
These attacks from you just because I don't find Spain that amazing (It is a foreign but not exotic country for me) are quite childish and idotic. It is obvious that way more people boast and love Spain and France than Portugal,so when you visit both countries you get dissapointed quite fast. Also Portugal has a vareity of landscapes in a small country. Shows your ignorance about Portugal.
You slided up here. A lot. Portugal is a very nice country but plays in a way inferior league compared to France, Spain or Italy, same for the beaches. You also got mostly cold water temps as you're on the ocean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_F..._Flags_awarded call me crazy but the most trustworthy international organization in this topic considers Spain and France as the countries with the best beaches on Europe. In fact Spain wins the world prize by far with 579 beaches with blue flags. 14% of the world's best beaches are in Spain, at least with Blue Flag awards. Spain leads the world for quality beaches.

Not sure which beaches have you visitted on France or Spain, but they're both the best on Europe and at least they got warm temps as they're sea beaches, not ocean ones. Some random pics of Spain

Mod cut: Copyrighted images and comment referring to same.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-17-2017 at 06:59 PM..

Old 07-15-2017, 12:08 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Friends go to different parts of Asia a lot. South Korea, a place that wasn't on my list to visit, now is. They took some amazing photos and the food!!!!!
Oh man, me muero for the food in South Korea and Japan! Japanese food is obviously the bomb, as is South Korean, but Thai food is on another planet! Thai cuisine is right up there with Peruvian and Turkish as the best in the world

I also love those temples they have in Bangkok! I would do anything to see them right now. Thailand is a country so rich of culture and history

Old 07-15-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I agree that Mexico is underrated, the crime there is really limited to certain states, altho sadly it has been getting worse again the past few years. There are some cities there with very low crime rates, like Merida, Aguascalientes, Queretaro, Ciudad del Carmen, Guanajato, Puebla, and in these cities you wouldn't have problems. The Northern Mexican Narcostates are where the problems are
Thanks! You know what you're speaking right here. Mexico is dangerous in overall, but most of the crime is maded in some zones, the majority of the country is safe. The DF is true that is becoming more dangerous, lots of assaults and robberies happen on the metro and the buses even against other Mexicans. But there are plenty of safe regions, I come from Guanajuato and I never experienced any problem.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:43 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
Quote:
I'm Asian so for me there's just nothing overly special. I would be interested if I were European or American, but I'm not.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:49 PM

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Now back to the thread, just like other users pointed, I also don't find many countries as overrated or underrated. European countries are very beautiful and have a lot to offer, they're neither underrated or overrated. Mexico can be a bit underrated because lots of people think that we face kidnappings and assaults on a daily basis, but the majority of those just happen on few certain states of Mexico.
I live in Madrid and many Spanish people asked me if Mexico is as dangerous as the media shows, they were thinking that we have to face kidnappings and that kind of stuff day by day.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-15-2017 at 01:42 PM..

Old 07-15-2017, 06:54 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
Overrated: Brazil and Thailand
Underrated: Greece and Georgia

Old 07-15-2017, 07:04 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Most overrated is China. Outside of the large cities, it is still pretty much a third world country that lacks human rights. Contaminated. Rude people.

Most underrated is probably Switzerland. Beautiful country and a great place to raise a family. Clean and safe. Like all countries, it's not without its problems, but still a gem.

1a> For most underrated is probably Chile. The still have lots of work to do, but they have come a very long way in a short time.
I agree with you about China and Switzerland.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:07 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Overrated: Brazil and Thailand
Underrated: Greece and Georgia
Weren't you from Lebanon? Well, I find your country kinda underrated. It looks nice from here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World