U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-13-2017, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Cannes
2,459 posts, read 1,894,600 times
Reputation: 1602

Advertisements

Just like the title says, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each continent?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-13-2017, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Seoul
11,584 posts, read 7,810,518 times
Reputation: 4606
North America

Strengths - Mountains, beautiful beaches, cuisine

Weaknesses - Too many suburbs, huge travel distances, lack of well preserved history, unstable climate, hurricanes, tornadoes, too boring, expensive air travel, unstable borders, crime, lack of walkability, crappy public transport, unhealthy work-life balance

South America

Strengths - Culture, history, friendly people, slower pace of life, extravertedness, cuisine, wine, music styles, diversity, climate, breathtaking mountains, waterfalls, tropical highlands, beaches, stunning biodiversity, eclectic cities, walkable

Weaknesses - Huge travel distances, expensive air travel, corruption, crime

Africa

Strengths - Nature

Weaknesses - Underdeveloped, homophobia, religious intolerance, crime, war, corruption

Asia

Strengths - Cuisine, thousands of years of history, safety, diversity, beaches, mountains, unique cultures, big cities, technology, architecture, linguistic diversity, easy travel, top-notch public transport, affordable

Weaknesses - Distrust towards foreigners, insolation, overly rigid and conservative social structures, workaholism

Europe

Strengths - Safety, security, extremely easy travel, culture, thousands of years of history, public transport, big cities, progressiveness, mountains, healthy work-life balance, safety net, social services, beaches

Weaknesses - Pretentiousness, rude people, cuisine

Oceania

Strengths - Amazing climate, outdoorsy activities, beaches, safety, stability

Weaknesses - Too isolated from everything
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2017, 11:33 PM
 
Location: Cannes
2,459 posts, read 1,894,600 times
Reputation: 1602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
North America

Strengths - Mountains, beautiful beaches, cuisine

Weaknesses - Too many suburbs, huge travel distances, lack of well preserved history, unstable climate, hurricanes, tornadoes, too boring, expensive air travel, unstable borders, crime, lack of walkability, crappy public transport, unhealthy work-life balance

South America

Strengths - Culture, history, friendly people, slower pace of life, extravertedness, cuisine, wine, music styles, diversity, climate, breathtaking mountains, waterfalls, tropical highlands, beaches, stunning biodiversity, eclectic cities, walkable

Weaknesses - Huge travel distances, expensive air travel, corruption, crime

Africa

Strengths - Nature

Weaknesses - Underdeveloped, homophobia, religious intolerance, crime, war, corruption

Asia

Strengths - Cuisine, thousands of years of history, safety, diversity, beaches, mountains, unique cultures, big cities, technology, architecture, linguistic diversity, easy travel, top-notch public transport, affordable

Weaknesses - Distrust towards foreigners, insolation, overly rigid and conservative social structures, workaholism

Europe

Strengths - Safety, security, extremely easy travel, culture, thousands of years of history, public transport, big cities, progressiveness, mountains, healthy work-life balance, safety net, social services, beaches

Weaknesses - Pretentiousness, rude people, cuisine

Oceania

Strengths - Amazing climate, outdoorsy activities, beaches, safety, stability

Weaknesses - Too isolated from everything
Great write up!!! Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2017, 02:46 PM
 
6,459 posts, read 12,081,849 times
Reputation: 3262
Only focusing on Europe, Asia exclusively. The only Continents that I believe in deep down with real authentic cultural anthropology native roots. Exactly equal preference for each identification scale with tons of value on each side of the continuum spectrum.

Europe

Strengths In Favor Of: Quintessential Classical Baroque Nouveau unique in each country, occasionally more specific details on the buildings, geographic travels close proximity, tons of neighboring alliance with the European Union yet quite exotic aliens simultaneously, language variety, economically wealthy enough usually at least to a Planet Earth standard while maintaining rich ethnic cultural heritage, high variety destination zones scattered absolutely everywhere, Iberian-Romance Latin-Benelux-Celtic-Scandinavia-Germanic-Austro Hungarian-Czechoslovakian Polish-Baltic-Slavic-Balkan

Disadvantages: Usually severe lack of modern skyscrapers, sometimes just not cohesive or massive enough (Example: Slovenia of former Yugoslavia), way too much of a summer reliance(Having to keep everything year round for tourism, especially for beach communities), thousands of Nightclub Discotheque Bars closing down just since one decade ago roughly(Especially in the UK, Netherlands, Romania), Refugee crisis not occurring that far into the past, sudden rising of terrorism attacks(Even when tons of mainland European countries continue to not have any issues)

Asia

Pros: Modern High rises frequently, Pagodas from dynasties centuries background, recently thriving with less stagnancy, preferring their own technological companies(Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars, Laptop Computers), appropriate mega entity sovereignties without dissolving them up too often (Rarely ever less vast than South Korea), relatively year round festive vibrancy(Tons of Europe closes in comparison away from the middle of summer zenith), recent grand openings of night bar venues that are happening quite frequently enough in reflection to the prior occurrence, occasionally superior cultural wealth other than with food ethnic cuisines variety, further ubiquitous coverage of megalopolis cities at a constant rate, their own historic colonial buildings outside on the other types of classification systems.

Cons: Broken interruptions rather than endlessly consistent (Country next door borders, Nationally, Geographically), Not always encompassing a unique iconic design for the architectural marvels of quickly ascending floors on top, at a per capita rate just sometimes a bit extra widespread poverty, coffee stores aren’t usually reaching the glamour found in Europe, less plural collective diversity of easygoing touristic entries, territorially less adjacent to each other available options, less political democracies with these types of freedoms, often rather traditional conservative scale.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2017, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Near Luxembourg
1,929 posts, read 1,274,524 times
Reputation: 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Great write up!!! Thanks
Cuisine, a weakness of Europe ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2017, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Bologna, Italy
7,196 posts, read 4,825,012 times
Reputation: 3479
Yeah, that lack of skyscrapers is really disturbing and the number one reason I plan on leaving someday.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2017, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Galewood
4,011 posts, read 9,456,055 times
Reputation: 2485
Africa-
strength- natural resources and history
Weakness- colonialism
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2017, 06:57 PM
 
Location: San Diego, California Republic
16,559 posts, read 24,625,013 times
Reputation: 8883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
North America

Strengths - Mountains, beautiful beaches, cuisine

Weaknesses - Too many suburbs, huge travel distances, lack of well preserved history, unstable climate, hurricanes, tornadoes, too boring, expensive air travel, unstable borders, crime, lack of walkability, crappy public transport, unhealthy work-life balance

South America

Strengths - Culture, history, friendly people, slower pace of life, extravertedness, cuisine, wine, music styles, diversity, climate, breathtaking mountains, waterfalls, tropical highlands, beaches, stunning biodiversity, eclectic cities, walkable

Weaknesses - Huge travel distances, expensive air travel, corruption, crime

Africa

Strengths - Nature

Weaknesses - Underdeveloped, homophobia, religious intolerance, crime, war, corruption

Asia

Strengths - Cuisine, thousands of years of history, safety, diversity, beaches, mountains, unique cultures, big cities, technology, architecture, linguistic diversity, easy travel, top-notch public transport, affordable

Weaknesses - Distrust towards foreigners, insolation, overly rigid and conservative social structures, workaholism

Europe

Strengths - Safety, security, extremely easy travel, culture, thousands of years of history, public transport, big cities, progressiveness, mountains, healthy work-life balance, safety net, social services, beaches

Weaknesses - Pretentiousness, rude people, cuisine

Oceania

Strengths - Amazing climate, outdoorsy activities, beaches, safety, stability

Weaknesses - Too isolated from everything
Unstable? Do you mean unpredictable and/or big swings from one season to another?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2017, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
24,931 posts, read 31,879,190 times
Reputation: 10226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Unstable? Do you mean unpredictable and/or big swings from one season to another?
Hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires, etc.?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2017, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
24,931 posts, read 31,879,190 times
Reputation: 10226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Only focusing on Europe, Asia exclusively. The only Continents that I believe in deep down with real authentic cultural anthropology native roots. Exactly equal preference for each identification scale with tons of value on each side of the continuum spectrum.

.
Africa does not have real authentic cultural anthropology native roots? It's where humanity began.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top