Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:02 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,046,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
How is visiting the US hard?
For some countries, maybe. But not for the majority of tourists.
Yes, for the "subhuman Muslims and eastern europe".

Even their best friends from Israel need visa, you'd get about the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 10:13 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,361,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post

I don't get why everyone is so afraid of Eastern Europe When was the last time a Polish or a Serbian person has done anything bad in the US? I bet the crime rates for Eastern Europeans in the US are minuscule, but people are falling for the same old stereotypes

Old 07-20-2017, 10:20 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,882,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I don't get why everyone is so afraid of Eastern Europe When was the last time a Polish or a Serbian person has done anything bad in the US? I bet the crime rates for Eastern Europeans in the US are minuscule, but people are falling for the same old stereotypes
It is politics, no logic to it. It is the same reason Mexicans, despite being the source of the largest number of illegals in the US, still can obtain a visa easier (5.5% refusal rate) than Romanians (11.4% refusal rate).

Old 07-20-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I read somewhere that 9 million Americans are of Polish ancestry, that's more than the Jews or Italians! Despite the association that jews or italians are more common.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:34 AM

4 posts, read 2,546 times
It was clear that N. Korea was one of them!

Old 07-20-2017, 10:44 AM

2,569 posts, read 3,642,642 times
"United States" - Donald Trump

Old 07-20-2017, 11:44 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,342,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post

The fact that you need a visa does not make it a hard place to visit. If you read the article it is about much bigger barriers. If your US visa is denied, then you are probably in a certain risk group, cannot provide enough evidences that you are willing to return home, or you did not behave during stays in the past.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
The fact that you need a visa does not make it a hard place to visit. If you read the article it is about much bigger barriers. If your US visa is denied, then you are probably in a certain risk group, cannot provide enough evidences that you are willing to return home, or you did not behave during stays in the past.
I've never tried but the requirements alone sound like bullsh*t:

1. 200$ non refundable payment;
2. schedule interview in the embassy with months in advance;
3. need to speak english even as a tourist...;
4. proof that you don't have HIV.

For other countries visa is just elementary formality, you can even get it through 3rd parties without signatory, nor payment, nor anything.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:20 PM

102,294 posts, read 108,390,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I find it hard to take the article seriously if he thought getting a visa for Russia was difficult.
Generally, I would agree, and actually, the author did, too, but he said it was his most recent trip that he felt made it difficult. Apparently some of the protocol has changed, in response to the US requiring excessive information on the application form for US visas. Still, all it is, is an application form. Once you fill it out, the process is simple.

Many people around the world have this idea that getting a visa for Russia travel is a bureaucratic nightmare, but in most cases, this is simply due to inexperience and some kind of odd fear of Russia, or of its bureaucracy, or lingering images of the Soviet Union. And even back then, getting to Russia was pretty simple, as long as you could afford it, or had relatives there. So it's basically ignorance.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:26 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,342,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Generally, I would agree, and actually, the author did, too, but he said it was his most recent trip that he felt made it difficult. Apparently some of the protocol has changed, in response to the US requiring excessive information on the application form for US visas. Still, all it is, is an application form. Once you fill it out, the process is simple.

Many people around the world have this idea that getting a visa for Russia travel is a bureaucratic nightmare, but in most cases, this is simply due to inexperience and some kind of odd fear of Russia, or of its bureaucracy, or lingering images of the Soviet Union. And even back then, getting to Russia was pretty simple, as long as you could afford it, or had relatives there. So it's basically ignorance.
True. Of course, you need an invitation, then fill out some forms, pay visa center fee and consulate fee, but you can just hire a visa service agency, send them your passport and a filled out form and they will do everything. You do not have to show up in person and you have to provide only basic information about your job, income, health insurance, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World