Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 06:35 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,083,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I find it hard to take the article seriously if he thought getting a visa for Russia was difficult.
Actually, the bureaucracy at the Russian embassy in Washington D.C. sucks. The "Washington Post" Sunday travel section had a very long, full.page rant from an aggravated American who endured many trips there. On the first visit, the office was closed for a dubious reason, without warning. On the second and all later visits, there was no "take a number" system and so customers were just serviced at random. Each time he repeatedly came in and submitted his application, it kept getting rejected for the most trivial reasons. One time, he was told it wasnt the latest revision of the form, although it seemed perfectly identical to the current version, they made him leave and fill out and notarize the current version all over again. He ended up barely making his plane flight on time, even after planning it months ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 07:39 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,838,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
Actually, the bureaucracy at the Russian embassy in Washington D.C. sucks. The "Washington Post" Sunday travel section had a very long, full.page rant from an aggravated American who endured many trips there. On the first visit, the office was closed for a dubious reason, without warning. On the second and all later visits, there was no "take a number" system and so customers were just serviced at random. Each time he repeatedly came in and submitted his application, it kept getting rejected for the most trivial reasons. One time, he was told it wasnt the latest revision of the form, although it seemed perfectly identical to the current version, they made him leave and fill out and notarize the current version all over again. He ended up barely making his plane flight on time, even after planning it months ahead.
The embassy does not process visas, it is contracted out to a private company.

I have maintained a Russian visa for many years now, it was easy the first time, I have renewed it with ease.

The problem with some people is that they do not want to follow directions, and think the visa processor should bend over for them and do their work for them.

You can get a visa very quickly if you pay extra, so it is his fault that he kept screwing up so much, he almost missed his flight. Also, you should not purchase tickets until the visa is approved.

As I said, getting a visa for Russia is easy. Just because some doofus could not figure it out and failed to follow instructions does not make it hard.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:43 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,838,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Why is this so surprising? Undocumented workers don't apply for visas. Those Mexicans who do apply, i.e. the middle class and up, have a low rate of denial because they fulfill all the requirements (and travel to the US to shop, pumping ridiculous amounts of $ (pesos) into the US economy, especially in border areas).
Read what I posted; Mexicans are by far the largest source of illegal immigration to the US, the majority of those are visa over stayers.

So, please tell me how they are "fullfilling the requirements" when they are the majority of all people who over stay visas? And also, what "requirements" are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World