Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2017, 06:54 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,953,673 times

Advertisements

Do you want to share an interesting fact about your visit/experience in any given city? (Do so here)

Basically exactly what the title says.

I'll start this one off so that way others get a good idea of what to do here.

I've been to New York numerous times in my life, from childhood to adulthood, but I have never been to Brooklyn. Well only driving through it on the highway and you don't see anything like that. I have never stepped foot in Brooklyn, I have never even viewed pictures of Brooklyn, I have never Google Mapped Brooklyn (then again, I have only used Google Streetviews like less than 5 times in my whole life). I literally don't know anything about Brooklyn's aesthetic look, I don't know what Brooklyn looks like. If you showed me a picture of Brooklyn, I wouldn't know that it is Brooklyn unless you told me because I don't know what it looks like.

It is interesting visiting a place so many times, especially when I lived in the Washington D.C. area and made my way up to New York, I did that so many times for so many weekends but I still haven't ever seen Brooklyn. I've seen and am really well acquainted with Manhattan and Queens and I know the Northern New Jersey suburbs really really well too. I've even been to Staten Island, the Bronx, suburbs in Connecticut, suburbs in the Hudson River Valley, and the beaches far into Long Island. Yet I have never stepped foot in Brooklyn. For all its name brand recognition and popularity in popular culture, I don't even know what Brooklyn looks like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World