Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is your favorite?
Tokyo 22 28.95%
Atlanta 10 13.16%
London 45 59.21%
Seattle 17 22.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 07:12 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,034,963 times

Advertisements

Those are my four favorite cities in the world, and its actually hard to rank which ones I like the best. Overall I like Tokyo the best for its technology, mass transit, food, activities, and safety. The major downside is the high cost of living and natural disasters (very earthquake prone). Atlanta I think has the best climate out of the four, and it has good food. It does however lack in mass transit and has the most crime out of the four. London is like Tokyo with its size, population, and status. The advantage London has over Tokyo is that its English speaking (though the British accent and slang can be difficult to understand sometimes), and it doesn't really have any natural disasters, only a lot of rain. However, Tokyo has the better climate, food, and scenery (there aren't any big mountains in England). Seattle's climate is similar to London, but it has London beat in scenery with mountain views all around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 07:14 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,185 times
There all nice cities but i choose London just because if it can compete against new york then it can compete against any city in the world.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:53 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,907,803 times
Atlanta isn't even in the same building for cities as Tokyo and London, or even Seattle.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
London is amazing; haven't been to Tokyo yet but will be going in a few months, and I have no doubt that it, too, is amazing. I've always wanted to visit.

I've only ever been in Atlanta for a couple days at a time for business; it was an interesting city, for sure... don't know if I'd ever choose to live there as there's nothing unique to it that's on my personal radar or life trajectory, but I didn't really detect anything I didn't like about it in the time I was there. Way too humid in the summer, though.

I was born in Seattle and raised alternately between there and Boston before moving back there as an adult. As an adult, I found it crushingly, soul-suckingly boring... I just tell people I'm from Boston now The food was well below what I've had in other cities. It's great if you want a quiet, low-key, clean city; although it's got some serious theft problems, violent crime isn't bad, and people tend to be polite but unintrusive... so, there most definitely are things that it has going for it, and things that appeal to people... but, all told, I have a very hard time thinking of it in the same context as London or Tokyo.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,196 times
I really wouldn't like any of these - not because they aren't wonderful cities - but because of the climate. Gimme' that California coastal weather!! San Fran!!!! If not Cali, then Barcelona, Madrid, Nice, etc.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 PM

331 posts, read 592,263 times
London is off the chart

Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
Weird comparison:

London > Tokyo > BIG GAP Seattle > Atlanta

Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,021,486 times
1.Tokyo

2.London

3.Seattle
4.Atlanta

Old 01-09-2013, 01:03 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,355,794 times
Each city has a little of everything and has VERY different cultures and tastes.

Trying to compare the three is like trying to compare grits and collared greens with a nice juicy steak (Atlanta); a perfectly pan seared then steamed salmon with hints of spices served with a side of california roll and a cup of joe (Seattle); miso soup with sushi fusion served with sake then bar hopping or maybe to a nightclub (Tokyo); and a pint of delicious (warm) beer or tea (of course served with milk, is there any other way???) if you don't drink alcohol served with delicious pie or sausage in savo(u)ry.

To me they're all delicious in their own way. They're also expressive in their own ways too. They really can't be compared and they're all some of my favorites.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:49 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,092 times
Seattle and Atlanta are nice cities, but they simply can't compete with Godzillas like Tokyo and London.

I voted for London, possibly the best city in the world.

London > Tokyo > Seattle > Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World