Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is a better place to live Stockholm (Sweden) or SoCal (USA)?
Stockholm (Sweden) 41 47.67%
SoCal (USA) 45 52.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 06:56 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,393,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
Now if you're talking about San Diego, then that is another question altogether. San Diego is much cleaner, much more economically stable, much less congested in stores or venues, significantly less traffic, has a big size but the size is still manageable to where you get big city amenities without it ever feeling like things are in excess or overdone. The standard of living and quality of life are great and aesthetically the city is well taken care of. It looks exactly as beautiful in photos as it is in real life, you don't have to cherry pick between parts of the city to depict that, majority of the city is aesthetically well taken care of and looks presentable. You get every advantage that Los Angeles has without the drawbacks and if there ever is anything that San Diego lacks (which is a very short list of things) then you can just make the 2 hour drive north to Los Angeles for those things any weekend. Or if you have a pressing need, then any day of the week. I like visiting Los Angeles and it is most certainly a very fun city, huge to the point where it gives you so much to explore but happy I don't live there and I want to keep it that way, I don't ever want to live in Los Angeles.
The only problem in S.D. are the low-paying jobs and the high-cost of living. O.C. is the best of both L.A. and S.D. (and is between both).

L.A. is an a--hole magnet. But those rich people are the movers-and-shakers of the American economy. (Just don't ask how they got their money!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 10:37 PM

8,848 posts, read 8,356,988 times
California feels like such stressful place in general so Stockholm. I really like Sweden and I find Stockholmers to be incredibly generous and friendly, at least when I was there asking for directions and stuff.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:06 AM

23,862 posts, read 71,236,028 times
Stockholm is also a stressful place.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:17 AM

8,848 posts, read 8,356,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Stockholm is also a stressful place.
I guess it's all relative.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:31 AM

242 posts, read 261,018 times
I chose Stockholm. I do like SoCal (I lived there for three months), the weather is fantastic, so much to do, you are never bored, friendly people. But I found it too superficial, everyone is a bit 'fake', I don't like the celebrity culture there. And SoCal is very expensive. I am more down to earth, reserved, and I think Sweden matches my temperament much better. I just like the Swedish culture much more than the SoCal culture.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:48 AM

163 posts, read 136,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
I chose Stockholm. I do like SoCal (I lived there for three months), the weather is fantastic, so much to do, you are never bored, friendly people. But I found it too superficial, everyone is a bit 'fake', I don't like the celebrity culture there. And SoCal is very expensive. I am more down to earth, reserved, and I think Sweden matches my temperament much better. I just like the Swedish culture much more than the SoCal culture.
Have you lived in Sweden too in Stockholm? And where in SoCal did you stay?

Old 12-05-2017, 06:10 AM

242 posts, read 261,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX101MAX101 View Post
Have you lived in Sweden too in Stockholm? And where in SoCal did you stay?
I lived in Santa Monica. No, I have never lived in Sweden. But it fits more of my style I guess.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
I lived in Santa Monica. No, I have never lived in Sweden. But it fits more of my style I guess.
Santa Monica is where I want to visit too. What activities did you do/is there to do there?

About Sweden, I heard you don't really fit in unless you speak Swedish.

Is there anyone here who have lived in both Stockholm and SoCal?

Old 12-13-2017, 11:37 PM

5,052 posts, read 13,873,797 times
Deep down I prefer that region of Scandinavia lately for my own International country travels. Up to 18 countries Worldly for my own Mid 20’s and wanting to reach Travel Guru past 20 unique. Too much isolation with the other example. Gamla Stan, Stockholm’s Castle of Drottningholm Palace, Nobel Peace Prize Museum aren’t found in California.

Although, of course lots of my own mindfulness is having exactly equal preference, and remembering the advantages of the other counterpart. At least Sweden isn’t dealing with negative flaws of suburban sprawl, or a Planet Earth record of rampant wildfires wreak havoc. Mainland Europe architecture is too rare in those boundaries.

Old 12-17-2017, 03:10 PM

They're both neck and neck now on poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World