Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 03:29 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
.....so you justify such moronic statement???

Canada is far safer than the US! America is swarming with guns and chronic mass shootings almost weekly anymore.
Canada is far safer. This is a fact.

We've gone over this before, and the simple facts prove that the US has many more times the amount of gun incidents, deaths and suicides PER CAPITA than Canada. 14,818 deaths so far this year, 29,976 injuries.
I can't find stats for this year, but in 2016 Canada had 224 homicides by guns. So if we go by population, IF the US was " as safe " as Canada, you should have about 2000 gun deaths per year.

You don't. You have over SEVEN times that. Remember this is just gun deaths.

Now I know you like to " remove " certain areas and people from the stats, to prove you point that there are safer places than others in the US, BUT, we aren't talking about enclaves. So, it isn't MORONIC to state that the US is less safe than Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 07:00 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,228,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
.....so you justify such moronic statement???

Canada is far safer than the US! America is swarming with guns and chronic mass shootings almost weekly anymore.
What's moronic are people who think that everything is great and working well in the US! It's the laughing stock of the world right now, and is more divided, hostile and dangerous than it has ever been.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:04 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,228,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
No, Canada knows nothing about America, just what far left activists tell them so they can live with the fact they live in the barren cold wasteland to the north.
Keep watching FOX News buddy

Old 12-17-2017, 09:39 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Fact:

https://www.abc15.com/news/data/mass...curred-in-2017

2016 saw 483

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/w...rnational.html

There is no debate possible using any linear stats. None. As it applies to mass shootings alone, the U.S. has gone off the scale, except in comparison to Yemen.

Having provided the above; I could and would live quite happily in any of the three mentioned. I do also spend a half year of each year since the early 2000's in Florida by choice.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:43 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
What's moronic are people who think that everything is great and working well in the US! It's the laughing stock of the world right now, and is more divided, hostile and dangerous than it has ever been.
A very significant number of Americans themselves agree with this. A good sign.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:45 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:

No, Canada knows nothing about America, just what far left activists tell them so they can live with the fact they live in the barren cold wasteland to the north.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post

Barren? Wasteland?

Canadians know far more about the US and Americans, than any other people on earth.

Nat - Just my opinion but I think it's to Canada's advantage to not try to correct or inform people like the above quoted person about their kinds of myths about Canada. Those myths are what they want to believe for their own sanity, come hell or high water, and they don't have the capacity to believe otherwise nor even to think of the right kinds of questions to ask to inform themselves correctly. Canada would NOT benefit in any way to come under the crosshairs of their kind of attention so I think it's better to allow them to continue believing their myths. Then those kind of people are less likely to bring Canada under their scrutiny and less likely to take a self-opportunistic interest and will direct their attention to their own affairs at home.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbrwr View Post
Hello... My family and I are exploring the possibility of moving out of California. I am a nurse and my husband has a Bachelors in Business Administration with 23 years experience on Pharmacy Management. We have narrowed down to the three following countries: Canada, Ireland and UK. Canada is appealing for the proximity to the US and the possibility of "driving" to see family and friends. UK and Ireland are appealing for giving us the change to experience a completely different culture and the chance to travel all over Europe. Pursuing all three at the same time is exhausting and pointless so we are trying to narrow down even more to hopefully just 1 choice. If you could offer us any PROS and CONS of these choices based on: Immigration rules (and how difficult it is), safety and Work/Life balance (quality of life), I'd really appreciate!

TIA~
Well, my first question to you is, have you determined yet whether or not you would actually qualify to immigrate to either one of those three countries? That is the first step you need to take before pursuing any other enquiries you have about safety and quality of life, etc. If you don't qualify to immigrate then there's no point in pursuing further enquiries.

I can't speak for Ireland or UK but as for Canada it's possible you and your husband's ages might be a disqualifier, or at least may count as points against you that must be made up for in other ways. It's possible your ages might count against you for UK and Ireland too.

If you haven't checked yet to see if you qualify then try this site to find out about your eligibility for Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...te-canada.html

Sorry, I don't have the websites to find out about eligibility to UK and Ireland. Maybe somebody else can provide you with those resources.

Old 12-17-2017, 01:18 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Nat - Just my opinion but I think it's to Canada's advantage to not try to correct or inform people like the above quoted person about their kinds of myths about Canada. Those myths are what they want to believe for their own sanity, come hell or high water, and they don't have the capacity to believe otherwise nor even to think of the right kinds of questions to ask to inform themselves correctly. Canada would NOT benefit in any way to come under the crosshairs of their kind of attention so I think it's better to allow them to continue believing their myths. Then those kind of people are less likely to bring Canada under their scrutiny and less likely to take a self-opportunistic interest and will direct their attention to their own affairs at home.

Agreed. I'll go back to my igloo and chew some whale blubber, while waiting for the postal sled to bring me my latest American magazine, which enables me to dream of running water and freedom south of the border.

Old 12-17-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Agreed. I'll go back to my igloo and chew some whale blubber, while waiting for the postal sled to bring me my latest American magazine, which enables me to dream of running water and freedom south of the border.

That's the ticket. And that myth will keep those kinds of people feeling happy, safe, superior and snug as harmless bugs at home in their own little cocoons of illusion while the real world around them carries on without their interference. It's a win win situation for everyone.

Old 12-17-2017, 02:06 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:
Canada is far safer. This is a fact.

We've gone over this before, and the simple facts prove that the US has many more times the amount of gun incidents, deaths and suicides PER CAPITA than Canada. 14,818 deaths so far this year, 29,976 injuries.
I can't find stats for this year, but in 2016 Canada had 224 homicides by guns. So if we go by population, IF the US was " as safe " as Canada, you should have about 2000 gun deaths per year.

You don't. You have over SEVEN times that. Remember this is just gun deaths.

Now I know you like to " remove " certain areas and people from the stats, to prove you point that there are safer places than others in the US, BUT, we aren't talking about enclaves. So, it isn't MORONIC to state that the US is less safe than Canada.

Sorry, but I take official FBI or Stat Canada numbers.

US murder rate is about 3 times or so Canada murder rate (with Canada starting from a very low number about around 1.5 or so per 100.000, I do not remember the exact numbers which I posted in the past more than once)

That includes "mass shootings" and so on.

Canada is statistically safer...that is a fact.

In practical, real life, the US is as safe as Canada.

Canada has 3 times the murder rate of Austria....is Canada a "far less safe country" than Austria?? Moronic, indeed.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World