U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-31-2018, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
114 posts, read 66,155 times
Reputation: 112

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Tough one, but I'll go with Amsterdam. Larger, Wilder, closer to European mainland & probably has a warmer climate.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates or Doha, Qatar?
Honestly, I would hate living in either, but I guess I'm going with Doha. Probavly because it seems richer haha, is it?

Minneapolis, USA or Munich, Germany?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-31-2018, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Central Jersey/NYC Metro
671 posts, read 364,066 times
Reputation: 297
I'll go with Munich. I think it has more culture. Although honestly it's closer to a tie for me, Minneapolis is nice.

Speaking of Minneapolis...

Minneapolis, United States or Edmonton, Canada?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:06 PM
 
Location: In transition
10,640 posts, read 13,862,852 times
Reputation: 5062
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
I'll go with Munich. I think it has more culture. Although honestly it's closer to a tie for me, Minneapolis is nice.

Speaking of Minneapolis...

Minneapolis, United States or Edmonton, Canada?
Minneapolis... larger with more amenities.

Key West, FL, USA vs. Hilo, HI, USA
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Central Jersey/NYC Metro
671 posts, read 364,066 times
Reputation: 297
Key West, FL because it's part of the continuous US & is probably cheaper.

Helsinki, Finland or Oslo, Norway?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2018, 06:00 PM
 
Location: In transition
10,640 posts, read 13,862,852 times
Reputation: 5062
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Key West, FL because it's part of the continuous US & is probably cheaper.

Helsinki, Finland or Oslo, Norway?
Oslo... closer to the fjords and language is easier to learn.

Canberra, Australia vs. Ottawa, Canada
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2018, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,104 posts, read 1,151,485 times
Reputation: 2184
Ottawa. Australia is too dry, so I prefer Canada. But really, Canada is too cold. I'll choose Ottawa anyway.

College Station, TX vs. A Coruna, Galicia(Spain)
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2018, 07:28 PM
 
4,454 posts, read 6,223,655 times
Reputation: 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
Ottawa. Australia is too dry, so I prefer Canada. But really, Canada is too cold. I'll choose Ottawa anyway.

College Station, TX vs. A Coruna, Galicia(Spain)
Canberra is certainly not dry and it can rain a lot there.

I choose College Station as it seems better prospects for jobs.

Darwin, Australia vs Dunedin New Zealand
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2018, 12:10 AM
 
Location: In transition
10,640 posts, read 13,862,852 times
Reputation: 5062
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Canberra is certainly not dry and it can rain a lot there.

I choose College Station as it seems better prospects for jobs.

Darwin, Australia vs Dunedin New Zealand
Darwin as I prefer places with tropical climates and Darwin also seems to be an ethnically diverse place compared to Dunedin which is more appealing to me.

Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico vs. Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2018, 02:38 AM
 
Location: Seattle WA, USA
4,792 posts, read 3,142,115 times
Reputation: 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Darwin as I prefer places with tropical climates and Darwin also seems to be an ethnically diverse place compared to Dunedin which is more appealing to me.

Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico vs. Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I think I'll go with Pittsburgh, I'm guessing that it has a stronger economy and I think the city looks nicer, but who knows Monterrey is developing quit quickly, I think it would be cool to visit, but I don't think I would want to live there.

Yakutsk, Sakha Republic, Russia vs. Fairbanks, Alaska, USA
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2018, 03:47 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
6,950 posts, read 3,982,867 times
Reputation: 2549
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
I think I'll go with Pittsburgh, I'm guessing that it has a stronger economy and I think the city looks nicer, but who knows Monterrey is developing quit quickly, I think it would be cool to visit, but I don't think I would want to live there.

Yakutsk, Sakha Republic, Russia vs. Fairbanks, Alaska, USA
Fairbanks.

Izmir, Turkey vs Beirut, Lebanon
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top