Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2018, 05:03 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,764,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Looks like I was too slow...

So I will say Antalya, although I would be interested in learning more about Split. I imagine Antalya is less glitzy and expensive than Cannes and I have a friend there.

Macao v Las Vegas
I have been to both! Don't really like either place to be honest but if I had to choose I guess Vegas because it is larger and more things to do. I also really like the natural scenery around Vegas more.

Ushuaia, Argentina vs. Nuuk, Greenland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 08:53 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,394,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I have been to both! Don't really like either place to be honest but if I had to choose I guess Vegas because it is larger and more things to do. I also really like the natural scenery around Vegas more.

Ushuaia, Argentina vs. Nuuk, Greenland
Ushuaia, Argentina, Much more to do and see, plus i speak Spanish.

Melbourne, Australia VS Seattle, USA

Old 11-23-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Ushuaia, Argentina, Much more to do and see, plus i speak Spanish.

Melbourne, Australia VS Seattle, USA
I have been to both. Melbourne. Better climate, great restaurants, better transit.

Belém, Brazil vs. Yangon, Myanmar

Old 11-23-2018, 03:33 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,208,346 times
Yangon. Never been to either and tbh neither is super high on my list, but I do have a friend living in Yangon currently. And as a Chinese-Malaysian I feel I'd adapt more easily there.

Shijiazhuang, China vs Jacksonville (FL) USA (~the 40th largest metro area in each country)

Old 11-23-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Yangon. Never been to either and tbh neither is super high on my list, but I do have a friend living in Yangon currently. And as a Chinese-Malaysian I feel I'd adapt more easily there.

Shijiazhuang, China vs Jacksonville (FL) USA (~the 40th largest metro area in each country)
Jacksonville for better climate and being on the ocean. I don't know much about Shijiazhuang except it is inland and very industrial.

San Salvador, El Salvador vs. Basra, Iraq

Old 11-23-2018, 09:49 PM

4,100 posts, read 3,752,018 times
Quote:

San Salvador, El Salvador vs. Basra, Iraq
San Salvador. It's an airport hub so you get cheap(ish) flights to many places and it has more social freedoms. Living in a rich neighbourhood in San Salvador is akin to living in a middle class neighbourhood in Baltimore.

Landour, India or Salento, Colombia

Old 11-23-2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
San Salvador. It's an airport hub so you get cheap(ish) flights to many places and it has more social freedoms. Living in a rich neighbourhood in San Salvador is akin to living in a middle class neighbourhood in Baltimore.

Landour, India or Salento, Colombia
Salento because I like Colombia more than India in general due to cultural factors. I also like the climate better with essentially eternal spring in Salento.

Vestmannaeyjar, Iceland vs. Flin Flon, Canada

Old 11-24-2018, 09:39 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,394,419 times
Quote:
Salento because I like Colombia more than India in general due to cultural factors. I also like the climate better with essentially eternal spring in Salento.

Vestmannaeyjar, Iceland vs. Flin Flon, Canada
Jesus man, can i choose death? i will go with Canada, at least i can speak the language..

Two famous ski towns

Queenstown nz VS Telluride, Colorado

Old 11-30-2018, 02:03 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,208,346 times
I guess I would go with Queenstown. I guess New Zealand is far more intriguing to me than Colorado (no knock on CO)

George Town, Penang, Malaysia vs George Town, Cayman Islands

Old 11-30-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I guess I would go with Queenstown. I guess New Zealand is far more intriguing to me than Colorado (no knock on CO)

George Town, Penang, Malaysia vs George Town, Cayman Islands
George Town, Malaysia. More interesting culture and food to me.

Chernivtsi, Ukraine vs. Gdansk, Poland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World