Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2020, 07:16 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,605,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorasmoothy View Post
Heraklion, Crete. Again, a bigger city with more culture. Also more walkable with more to see.

Seville, Andalusia or Málaga, Andalusia?
I've actually strongly considered living in both of these cities, I'm going to have to say Malaga. I like the size and attitude of the city of Sevilla itself slightly more than Málaga, but the summer heat, and lack of coast in Sevilla make Málaga the winner here.

Vaduz, Liechtenstein or Luxembourg City, Luxembourg?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 04:58 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
I've actually strongly considered living in both of these cities, I'm going to have to say Malaga. I like the size and attitude of the city of Sevilla itself slightly more than Málaga, but the summer heat, and lack of coast in Sevilla make Málaga the winner here.

Vaduz, Liechtenstein or Luxembourg City, Luxembourg?
Luxembourg City. It is bigger, so more things to do. Liechtenstein do have the location going for it, but i was not a fan of Vaduz. People were strange.

Paris or Toronto

Old 04-20-2020, 05:50 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,207,524 times
Paris - People are a pain in the arse (Not all but many) but the culture, food and cafe scene is amazing. Plus you have the art scene as well as a pathway to traveling in Europe.

Toronto is too cold, and well, it's in Canada. Nice but boring.

Milan or Valencia ?

Old 04-21-2020, 03:08 AM

570 posts, read 507,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Paris - People are a pain in the arse (Not all but many) but the culture, food and cafe scene is amazing. Plus you have the art scene as well as a pathway to traveling in Europe.

Toronto is too cold, and well, it's in Canada. Nice but boring.

Milan or Valencia ?
That’s what I think of Toronto. It’s nice but omg what a boring and sterile city.

I would rather live in Milan. I wouldn’t be able to cope with the layout of Venecia and the mass tourism. I haven’t been but I prefer a proper city, and Milan is the financial heart of Italy and an important hub in Europe.

Bangkok or Bogota ?

Old 04-21-2020, 09:25 AM

76 posts, read 38,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariodeldia View Post
That’s what I think of Toronto. It’s nice but omg what a boring and sterile city.

I would rather live in Milan. I wouldn’t be able to cope with the layout of Venecia and the mass tourism. I haven’t been but I prefer a proper city, and Milan is the financial heart of Italy and an important hub in Europe.

Bangkok or Bogota ?
Bangkok, I lived there for a year and I would love to go back. Thailand is awesome! I visited Medellin (which is probably better than Bogota) pretty woman but overall has a lot less going for it as far as things to do.

Ho Chi Minh vs. Kuala Lumpur

Old 04-21-2020, 02:56 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Bangkok, I lived there for a year and I would love to go back. Thailand is awesome! I visited Medellin (which is probably better than Bogota) pretty woman but overall has a lot less going for it as far as things to do.

I think I'd go with Kuala Lumpur. Some of the architecture of Ho Chi Minh looks fantastic, but the city just seems really chaotic to me, and I'm wary of how authoritarian its government is. If this was to visit, then Ho Chi Minh, but since this is to live, then Kuala Lumpur is probably a lot easier as it's one of the most developed cities in Southeast Asia and it's very multicultural with a large immigrant population.

Below, the capitals of two small island outposts of their respective countries.

Saint-Denis, Réunion versus Naha, Okinawa

Old 04-21-2020, 02:56 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,689 times
Quote:

Kuala Lumpur hands down!!! cleaner, better transit, safer, just feels a more developed city. Vietnam is beautiful but i would still pick KL

Sydney or Nice, France?

Old 04-21-2020, 09:33 PM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Kuala Lumpur hands down!!! cleaner, better transit, safer, just feels a more developed city. Vietnam is beautiful but i would still pick KL

Sydney or Nice, France?
Sydney. I lived there for 3 months and generally enjoyed myself. The people were nice, weather was good, and I found enough good food to eat.

Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea or Apia, Samoa?

Old 04-22-2020, 01:59 AM

76 posts, read 38,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Below, the capitals of two small island outposts of their respective countries.

Saint-Denis, Réunion versus Naha, Okinawa
Naha easily - Closer to civilization (lol) but also very clean and safe as well whereas Reunion is too remote of a location to be considered a place to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Sydney. I lived there for 3 months and generally enjoyed myself. The people were nice, weather was good, and I found enough good food to eat.

Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea or Apia, Samoa?
Apia, from what I understand is a really more of a town than a city but the locals are said to be really friendly whereas Port Moresby is well known for high crime and corruption.

Bridgetown, Barbados vs. Sapporo, Japan

Old 04-22-2020, 04:51 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,958,578 times
Quote:
Naha easily - Closer to civilization (lol) but also very clean and safe as well whereas Reunion is too remote of a location to be considered a place to live.

Apia, from what I understand is a really more of a town than a city but the locals are said to be really friendly whereas Port Moresby is well known for high crime and corruption.

Bridgetown, Barbados vs. Sapporo, Japan
Sapporo. My heart is torn because Bridgetown has a much better climate. Sapporo is simply too prone to extreme weather (like 240 inches of snow per year). Bridgetown has no natural disasters--Barbados is very rarely affected by hurricanes. But Sapporo has better infrastructure, healthcare, and economy (though not great, either).

Tel Aviv vs. Dubai
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World