Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2020, 07:17 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,734,283 times

Advertisements

Brick Lane. I live in Brixton and love it but Brick Lane is central London and my property would be of more value.

Amman, Jordan vs Guatemala city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 06:47 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,969,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Brick Lane. I live in Brixton and love it but Brick Lane is central London and my property would be of more value.

Amman, Jordan vs Guatemala city
A shame London got down to property prices ahead of vibe but take your point.

I've been to Jordon and liked it, although only a short time in Amman will go with that.
Never been to Guatemala (or City) but understand it can be dangerous. No such problem in Aman.

Cairns Queensland, Australia v Cannes France

Old 09-22-2020, 01:02 PM

37,223 posts, read 39,488,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
A shame London got down to property prices ahead of vibe but take your point.

I've been to Jordon and liked it, although only a short time in Amman will go with that.
Never been to Guatemala (or City) but understand it can be dangerous. No such problem in Aman.

Cairns Queensland, Australia v Cannes France
Cannes, France. I've been to Cairns for about a week, and while it's fine and diving in the reefs is fantastic, I didn't find the city and surrounding area all that attractive. Cannes seems nice and also well-connected to other interesting cities.

Bridgetown, Barbados v Valleta, Malta

Old 09-22-2020, 06:37 PM

9 posts, read 4,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Cannes, France. I've been to Cairns for about a week, and while it's fine and diving in the reefs is fantastic, I didn't find the city and surrounding area all that attractive. Cannes seems nice and also well-connected to other interesting cities.

Bridgetown, Barbados v Valleta, Malta
Bridgetown Barbados. Palm trees and beautiful Afro Caribbean women.

Barcelona, Spain vs London, UK?

Old 09-23-2020, 04:43 AM

365 posts, read 216,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandCharm View Post
Bridgetown Barbados. Palm trees and beautiful Afro Caribbean women.

Barcelona, Spain vs London, UK?
Barcelona because the architecture is prettier and it's on the coast (plus the warm weather) and Spain hasn't gone quite as downhill as the UK.

Madeira, Portugal or in a mid sized town in New Zealand?

Old 09-23-2020, 07:28 AM

332 posts, read 151,129 times
Both are beuatiful and New Zealand would certainly be easier to acclimate to with the language but it just seems too far away from enerything especially the US to which I'd like to return from time to time. So I think I'd go with Madeira for its proximity to mainland Europe.

Arequipa Peru or Guadalajara MX?

Old 09-24-2020, 04:01 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,508,572 times
Arequipa. What an interesting place to live that would be - it's over 2,300m (7,000') elevation and surrounded by volcanoes. Large city with interesting history and regarded as the "legal capital" of Peru. I like MX too, but have been before and although I would like the experience of living there too, but I feel like Guadalajara wouldn't be in my top 5 choices.

Varna, Bulgaria or Kaunas, Latvia?

Old 09-24-2020, 04:33 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,045,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronas View Post
Barcelona because the architecture is prettier and it's on the coast (plus the warm weather) and Spain hasn't gone quite as downhill as the UK.

Madeira, Portugal or in a mid sized town in New Zealand?
Spain hasn't 'gone downhill' as the UK!? In what way exactly!

Old 09-25-2020, 06:06 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,719,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Spain hasn't 'gone downhill' as the UK!? In what way exactly!
At least people are friendly, the streets are safe, restaurants are decent.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:40 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,029,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Varna, Bulgaria or Kaunas, Latvia?

Varna, solely based on my "limited" ultra nationalism...yet this city sucks in a way that cannot be easily described.

Santorini, Greece vs Eilat, Israel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World