Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2020, 07:23 AM

365 posts, read 215,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Jerusalem.

London or Singapore?
Singapore. At least it's a civil place and prettier too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 02:59 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronas View Post
Political correctness is not as out of control as in the uk. Considerably less drunkenness and feral teens too.
What a load of bollox! Did an Englishman run off with your girlfriend or something!?

Old 10-01-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What a load of bollox! Did an Englishman run off with your girlfriend or something!?
Um no, I've lived in the UK for several years now and I've seen it go downhill overnight.

And why are you so bothered by my view and getting so defensive without providing any counterarguments?? Is it because you know it's true and you're bothered by it?

Old 10-02-2020, 09:23 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Jerusalem.

London or Singapore?
London. Much larger city with a lot more variety overall though Singapore. It's also less restrictive than Singapore. Singapore does have quite a few perks, but it's not for me.

Tel Aviv, Jerusalem or Dubai, UAE

Old 10-02-2020, 09:56 AM

76 posts, read 38,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
London. Much larger city with a lot more variety overall though Singapore. It's also less restrictive than Singapore. Singapore does have quite a few perks, but it's not for me.

Tel Aviv, Jerusalem or Dubai, UAE
Tel Aviv - Better connected and better beaches with more to do nearby.

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada vs. Mexico City, Mexico

Old 10-03-2020, 08:47 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post

Germany and France have higher alcohol consumption than the UK, and today's UK Generation is known as generation sensible, with fewer teenage pregnancies, declining alcohol,drug use and smoking, as well as less arrests.

As for political correctness, the UK has no specific hate crime laws, and other than a few minor public order laws and laws relating to communications which were initially designed to stop obscene phone calls an d poison pen letters but have been expanded to include the internet.

'Generation Sensible' in five charts - BBC News

Old 10-03-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

Germany and France have higher alcohol consumption than the UK, and today's UK Generation is known as generation sensible, with fewer teenage pregnancies, declining alcohol,drug use and smoking, as well as less arrests.

As for political correctness, the UK has no specific hate crime laws, and other than a few minor public order laws and laws relating to communications which were initially designed to stop obscene phone calls an d poison pen letters but have been expanded to include the internet.

'Generation Sensible' in five charts - BBC News
I've lived in several parts of the country and judging by what I see around me those statistics sound very honest....not.
Maybe you should do your bit so the country is not so messed up if you're so bothered and in denial about he state that it is in.
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Do you have teenage or young adult children?

Old 10-03-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronas View Post
I've lived in several parts of the country and judging by what I see around me those statistics sound very honest....not.
Maybe you should do your bit so the country is not so messed up if you're so bothered and in denial about he state that it is in.
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Do you have teenage or young adult children?
I am British and I fully agree with the statistics, which are based on academic research and official statistics.

Educational attainment in the UK is at a record high, with more than half of young people now obtaining a degree, and apprenticeship qualifications are also growing.

You can please yourself what you believe, as for Spain it's had record rates of unemployment in recent years and has numerous problems. So sort out your own problems before trying to criticise others.

Dramatic decline in teenage drinking seen across the UK, report finds - Sky News

ALMOST ONE IN FOUR YOUNG ADULTS NOW TEETOTAL, REPORT REVEALS - The Independent

Generation Sensible: The 18-year-olds of today - BBC News

Fewer people injured in violent attacks - A&E data study - BBC News

The UK is the best country in the world for education, says study

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-03-2020 at 09:23 AM..

Old 10-03-2020, 09:41 AM

[quote=Brave New World;59311597]I am British and I fully agree with the statistics, which are based on academic research and official statistics.

Educational attainment in the UK is at a record high, with more than half of young people now obtaining a degree, and apprenticeship qualifications are also growing.

You can please yourself what you believe, as for Spain it's had record rates of unemployment in recent years and has numerous problems. So sort out your own problems before trying to criticise others.

Dramatic decline in teenage drinking seen across the UK, report finds - Sky News

The UK is the best country in the world for education, says studyilli
And academia, the media, and the government don't have a leftist bias (and therefore fake statistics when it comes to this) at all....

If by educational attainment you mean useless bachelor's degrees in sociology and media studies then yes, it is at record high. Furthermore who cares if high school/college/A level attainment is at record high as well if young people's behaviour is the way it is and so many of them have trouble with reading and basic maths (a lot of them claim to be 'dyslexic').

I'm not from Spain originally so this is not a matter of jingoism.
Spain's economy is in a worse state, no doubt. My comment referred to social issues and political correctness being out of control.

Old 10-04-2020, 02:29 AM

[quote=Tronas;59311865]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I am British and I fully agree with the statistics, which are based on academic research and official statistics.

The UK is the best country in the world for education, says studyilli
And academia, the media, and the government don't have a leftist bias (and therefore fake statistics when it comes to this) at all....

If by educational attainment you mean useless bachelor's degrees in sociology and media studies then yes, it is at record high. Furthermore who cares if high school/college/A level attainment is at record high as well if young people's behaviour is the way it is and so many of them have trouble with reading and basic maths (a lot of them claim to be 'dyslexic').

I'm not from Spain originally so this is not a matter of jingoism.
Spain's economy is in a worse state, no doubt. My comment referred to social issues and political correctness being out of control.
Political Correctness is no worse in the UK than any other western country, and in terms of social issues the UK is better now than during many periods in it's history.

Whilst UK cities have seen a lot of investment and have been transformed.

As for rights most are enshrined in the European Convention on Human Rights, which has even prevented the UK extraditing terrorists, and is very politically correct, and is something which we will be looking to change after Brexit is completed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World