Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2020, 11:50 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,610,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
What's your first choice in Morocco?
I've been to most of the major cities and I would have to say my first choice would be Marrakech (super original, I know), or secondly Fes. If I were to move to such a non-western place, I'd like to be in a city with a major international airport, and I found Casablanca to lack the substance of those other two cities, and Tangier just did not strike me as much as Marrakech or Fes did. Another great city, while not so well connected, is Essaouira - an incredibly charming walled city on the coast. So I guess to answer the question - Marrakech. It's a place I could go back to 100 times and never get bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2020, 03:17 PM

368 posts, read 1,332,344 times
Baku Azerbaijan vs Tijuana Mexico?

Old 12-07-2020, 04:11 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,198,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Phuket, as been there and it is a beautiful island. I never heard of Cozumel.
Cozumel is a very popular island off the coast from Playa del Carmen, which is about 60 miles or so south of Cancun. Surely you've heard of those other two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
I've been to most of the major cities and I would have to say my first choice would be Marrakech (super original, I know), or secondly Fes. If I were to move to such a non-western place, I'd like to be in a city with a major international airport, and I found Casablanca to lack the substance of those other two cities, and Tangier just did not strike me as much as Marrakech or Fes did. Another great city, while not so well connected, is Essaouira - an incredibly charming walled city on the coast. So I guess to answer the question - Marrakech. It's a place I could go back to 100 times and never get bored.
Cool cool, I am very interested in the Moroccan cities so appreciate the breakdown even if it's more or less what was expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Marseille, I'm not sure why anyone would choose Moscow over living in the south of France on the Mediterranean.

Seoul, S. Korea vs. Taipei, Taiwan
This got skipped, I'd say Taipei due to personal background and the fact that I love it there and plan to move there next year. But if I were not Chinese, there's a good chance Seoul would be my preference because it's such an awesome city in its own right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by councilor j View Post
Baku Azerbaijan vs Tijuana Mexico?

Old 12-08-2020, 02:55 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,033,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Cozumel is a very popular island off the coast from Playa del Carmen, which is about 60 miles or so south of Cancun. Surely you've heard of those other two.

Cool cool, I am very interested in the Moroccan cities so appreciate the breakdown even if it's more or less what was expected.

This got skipped, I'd say Taipei due to personal background and the fact that I love it there and plan to move there next year. But if I were not Chinese, there's a good chance Seoul would be my preference because it's such an awesome city in its own right.
I have heard of Cancun in Mexico. I heard it is a very touristy region.

Limassol Cyprus or Las Palmas Spain?

Old 12-08-2020, 07:32 AM

368 posts, read 1,332,344 times
Las Palmas Spain because I have a Spanish background and I love palm trees.

Baku Azerbaijan or Tijuana Mexico?

Old 12-13-2020, 03:27 PM

76 posts, read 39,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by councilor j View Post
Las Palmas Spain because I have a Spanish background and I love palm trees.

Baku Azerbaijan or Tijuana Mexico?
Tijuana, is probably more dangerous but it's closer to home (the US) and probably more English efficient with a nightlife that can be fun (and again dangerous at times). Baku is just too far away from everything for my liking.

Anchorage, Alaska, USA or Reykjavik, Iceland

Old 12-13-2020, 05:33 PM

274 posts, read 175,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Tijuana, is probably more dangerous but it's closer to home (the US) and probably more English efficient with a nightlife that can be fun (and again dangerous at times). Baku is just too far away from everything for my liking.

Anchorage, Alaska, USA or Reykjavik, Iceland
Anchorage, easily. Reykjavik is very isolated, whereas Anchorage is isolated but not nearly as much as Reykjavik. Anchorage it still is within another countries border, is connected with a major highway leading down to America, and Anchorage is a pretty major port area in itself.

Citizens in Anchorage can legally go to any of the other 49 southern states, whereas Reykjavik is the capital of Iceland, with limited opportunity in itself.

Warren, Michigan, USA or St Catharine's, Ontario, Canada

Old 12-13-2020, 07:48 PM

857 posts, read 848,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarbroo View Post
Anchorage, easily. Reykjavik is very isolated, whereas Anchorage is isolated but not nearly as much as Reykjavik. Anchorage it still is within another countries border, is connected with a major highway leading down to America, and Anchorage is a pretty major port area in itself.

Citizens in Anchorage can legally go to any of the other 49 southern states, whereas Reykjavik is the capital of Iceland, with limited opportunity in itself.

Errr. Alaska is one of the 50 U.S. states and has been since 1959 if I am not mistaken and have missed a memo where Alaska seceded... I am not sure what other country's border that U.S. state is in... There is no difference between a 'citizen of Alaska' and any other citizen of the U.S., other than their home of record/place of residence.

Come on Scarbroo, it says you are in Canada, although that may explain some confusion...

Old 12-14-2020, 12:12 AM

274 posts, read 175,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
Errr. Alaska is one of the 50 U.S. states and has been since 1959 if I am not mistaken and have missed a memo where Alaska seceded... I am not sure what other country's border that U.S. state is in... There is no difference between a 'citizen of Alaska' and any other citizen of the U.S., other than their home of record/place of residence.

Come on Scarbroo, it says you are in Canada, although that may explain some confusion...
What? I never said Alaska wasn't part of the States, lol. I meant to say although Anchorage is in a state which is surrounded by another countries border, it still has a highway connecting it all the way down to Mainland USA. This was in relation to my isolation comment. My bad on the confusion.

I never once said Alaska wasn't a state nor was I trying to imply Alaskan citizens as not being American. I was saying since Alaskan citizens are apart of the USA, they aren't nearly as isolated as Reykjavik, since Anchorage/Alaska has easy access to the other 49 states, whereas Reykjavik is the economic capital of its respective Country. I was trying to add context to my reasoning of why Alaska isn't nearly as isolated, which was my whole point on my opinion of "where I would rather live".

There is a reason why I said Alaska has access to the other 49 states, it heavily implies Alaska is a state in itself, which it is. Reread my initial comment to see if I cleared up some of the confusion that you have.

F.Y.I, although I live in Canada and have for a while, I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:08 AM

76 posts, read 39,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarbroo View Post

I'll go with Warren but both a bad choices due to high crime but at least Warren is in the US so there's probably more opportunity there.

Cartagena, Colombia vs. Santiago, Chile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World