Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-17-2020, 07:54 AM
 
Location: In the heights
37,272 posts, read 39,575,928 times
Reputation: 21340

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarbroo View Post
Anchorage, easily. Reykjavik is very isolated, whereas Anchorage is isolated but not nearly as much as Reykjavik. Anchorage it still is within another countries border, is connected with a major highway leading down to America, and Anchorage is a pretty major port area in itself.

Citizens in Anchorage can legally go to any of the other 49 southern states, whereas Reykjavik is the capital of Iceland, with limited opportunity in itself.

Warren, Michigan, USA or St Catharine's, Ontario, Canada
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of travel between Alaska and the other states is done via plane regardless and Iceland is part of the Schengen Area with the flight time from Reyjavik to Copenhagen generally shorter than that from Anchorage to Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
I'll go with Warren but both a bad choices due to high crime but at least Warren is in the US so there's probably more opportunity there.


Cartagena, Colombia vs. Santiago, Chile
Santiago! I maybe would have gone with Bogota had you said that. I like larger cities overall and Cartagena is maybe a bit too beach-y for me.

Jeju City, South Korea versus Vasco de Gama, Goa, India
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2020, 09:24 AM
 
76 posts, read 39,011 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of travel between Alaska and the other states is done via plane regardless and Iceland is part of the Schengen Area with the flight time from Reyjavik to Copenhagen generally shorter than that from Anchorage to Seattle.



Santiago! I maybe would have gone with Bogota had you said that. I like larger cities overall and Cartagena is maybe a bit too beach-y for me.

Jeju City, South Korea versus Vasco de Gama, Goa, India
I'm going to go with Jeju City, but this was difficult because both aren't really ideal for me. At first look I would easily take Jeju City over Vasco De Gama due to the fact S. Korea is a much better economy than India. It would be sad to be around the extreme poverty in India but I don't really like how Koreans treat foreigners. Korean's are not really very friendly at all at least that's what I got from visiting Seoul a few years ago. Jeju might be different, but still Jeju would be the better choice overall.


Cairo, Egypt vs. Kiev, Ukraine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2020, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Madrid
1,049 posts, read 1,608,964 times
Reputation: 1229
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
I'm going to go with Jeju City, but this was difficult because both aren't really ideal for me. At first look I would easily take Jeju City over Vasco De Gama due to the fact S. Korea is a much better economy than India. It would be sad to be around the extreme poverty in India but I don't really like how Koreans treat foreigners. Korean's are not really very friendly at all at least that's what I got from visiting Seoul a few years ago. Jeju might be different, but still Jeju would be the better choice overall.


Cairo, Egypt vs. Kiev, Ukraine
This is a tough one.. haven’t been to either city. I’ve been all around Morocco, and seen a bit of Turkey which i imagine are somewhat similar to Egypt. And I’ve been around Serbia, Romania, and Bulgaria, which I imagine are somewhat similar to Kiev. I’ll go Cairo, mainly based on the fact that the weather is better, and it would probably be a bit more “wild” of an experience than Kiev.

Panama City, Panama vs Montevideo, Uruguay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2020, 04:53 PM
 
1,764 posts, read 1,031,738 times
Reputation: 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
This is a tough one.. haven’t been to either city. I’ve been all around Morocco, and seen a bit of Turkey which i imagine are somewhat similar to Egypt. And I’ve been around Serbia, Romania, and Bulgaria, which I imagine are somewhat similar to Kiev. I’ll go Cairo, mainly based on the fact that the weather is better, and it would probably be a bit more “wild” of an experience than Kiev.

Panama City, Panama vs Montevideo, Uruguay
Panama City due to the weather is warmer.

Seoul South Korea vs Pyongyang North Korea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2021, 11:02 AM
 
3,216 posts, read 2,392,875 times
Reputation: 1387
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Panama City due to the weather is warmer.

Seoul South Korea vs Pyongyang North Korea

Certainly in Seoul, because the North Korean regime is extreme.

Vienna, Austria vs Cologne, Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2021, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Taipei
7,778 posts, read 10,190,076 times
Reputation: 5005
Hmm, this is tough. I'm going with Cologne because on paper it fits me better. Larger population and I prefer Germany. But it's tough cause I've never been to Cologne while I have been to Vienna twice and in some ways it is a sorta comfortable/homey type place for me as I studied abroad in a smaller place in Austria.

Salzburg v Freiburg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2021, 12:48 PM
 
Location: London, UK
4,098 posts, read 3,740,791 times
Reputation: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinmo View Post


Windhoek or Harare
Windhoek no contest. Namibia is a beautiiful and progressive country for African standards.

Accra vs Cali
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2021, 10:06 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
218 posts, read 157,075 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinmo View Post
California is a state, cannot be compared to Accra which is a city.

either way Accra. Africa is a fascinating continent.

Cali is a major city in Colombia. The post you are referring to did not mention California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2021, 11:09 AM
 
76 posts, read 39,011 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Windhoek no contest. Namibia is a beautiiful and progressive country for African standards.

Accra vs Cali
Accra, Ghana is actually fairly safe country much safer than Colombia (especially Cali). English is also widely spoken in Ghana as well whereas Colombia almost no one speaks it.


Mexico City, Mexico vs. Dubai, UAE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2021, 01:30 PM
 
1,764 posts, read 1,031,738 times
Reputation: 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Accra, Ghana is actually fairly safe country much safer than Colombia (especially Cali). English is also widely spoken in Ghana as well whereas Colombia almost no one speaks it.


Mexico City, Mexico vs. Dubai, UAE
Dubai as it is safer and less crowded.

Gold Coast, Queenslnad Australia or Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top